2013 Yamaha FJR

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Sep 25, 2012.

1. TBickell

TBickell And away we GO !!

Oddometer:
    Yikes.... i just stopped in to this FJR page to see who was liking what, and I saw this. I have zero experience with the Yammy but I like all bikes. As far as the Triumph stuff goes.. error... I have a 2011 Sprint GT that is the closest counter-part to the FJR and it was treated like a red-headed step child in the US and pound for pound at 11k dollars new.... It gives the whole class of true " sport tourers" a run. ABS standard, tried and proven 1050 triple, 128 hp, great panniers and with the right pipe it just screams at red-line. I've ridden the big Beemer 6 and yes... its an awesome machine ( at least on the test ride) but at 26-30k by the time you are done... I'll take the Triumph GT any day. As far as the FJR... I am sure it is is very reliable. Just wondering if it has any personality?
  2. Rider

Rider Spectacularly Correct

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  3. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Beaudry's is going to need all the traction they can get after the snafu with C14s. I hope they get enough interest that the mothership supports them better than Kawasaki did.
  4. LKLD

LKLD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just received the Doran TPMS today, and will install this week. Anyone else done this?

[​IMG]
  5. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I have used the Doran on several bikes. I would like to install it on my '13 FJR but the valves are rubber and you need to use the supplied metal valve stems, so I'll wait till I replace the tires.
  6. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy I like pussy

Oddometer:
    Hell yeah, 20valves keepz it real! :clap
    WTF, the personality's in the rider! :ksteve
  7. roadstar

roadstar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
  9. Tom-Nor

Tom-Nor Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In europe true sportstourers are ZX14,K1300S,VFR1200 and Busa. And they comes with two personalitys, wher one is soft and gental and the other is brutal and aggressive.

FJR is a great bike and if i am going one step closer to touring even tho i have the C14's brother i am thinking of the FJR.
  10. Devo 1

Devo 1 lurker extraordinair

Oddometer:
    Well, I drank the kool aid, today:
    [​IMG]
    Traded my 04 FZ1 in on it. There is alot of sport bike in the fjr. Very impressed so far. The cruise, the windshield, the ride modes; it just works.:clap
  11. richarddacat

richarddacat Everything is green and submarine.

Oddometer:
    :clap congrats Devo 1 :thumb
  12. ChrisK AZ

ChrisK AZ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congrats! I really like mine.
  13. LKLD

LKLD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, congratulations! The more you ride, the more you smile! :D
  14. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did 160 miles on the Dept. of Public Safety EVOC track yesterday, teaching a riding class to motor cops.

<iframe marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=44.900587,-122.956324&spn=0.007296,0.013733&z=16&output=embed" frameborder="0" height="480" scrolling="no" width="640"></iframe>
    <small>View Larger Map</small>

It's about 1.6 miles/lap; Google suggests it should take 6 minutes to go around. We were doing it- um- faster than that.

:norton
  15. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still haven't been able to have a go on one. Bah.

I did like the rumour that there is a mini FJR in the works at Yamaha using that new 3 cylinder motor. If it's got a shaft drive then i'll be interested.
  16. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dear sweet lord YES. Someone needs to build a middle-weight shafty again. Call it 120hp at the crank and 475 pounds wet...

I used to have a Seca 750 with factory fairing and luggage (XJ750R), shaft drive. I sold it when I bought the FJ1100. sigh.

[​IMG]
  17. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure we got that one on this side of the pond. We did get the XJ900 - which was a damn good road bike. As punters are getting older - i do wonder if a middleweight shaft drive / belt drive GT will come into it's own.
    Yamaha could corner the market - Baby FJR / Super Ten / TDM - all using the new Triple 900cc motor.
  18. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Honda missed the mark badly with the NTV700. Hey, it was heavy, but at least it was underpowered. Something like 570 pounds and 70hp. That's like the bike above, plus 100 pounds.
  19. Rider

Rider Spectacularly Correct

Oddometer:
    "Hey, it's not fast, but it sure is slow." :lol3
  20. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Or in Cranberry Township, PA, if you ride a BMW. But 4 of the top 5 Iron Butt Rally finishers rode FJRs.