Insert clever airhead based title here ....

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by planktonnn, Aug 25, 2009.

?

I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...

1. Nice?

43 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Nasty?

51 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Nasty but nice?

205 vote(s)
    70.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thorazine

Thorazine Likes exhaust fumes

Oddometer:
    Lanesplittin Valhalla--Southern California
    Look, I may still be high as Lebowski right now, but my bullshit detector is still on 10. Inland Armpit? Ima gonna need to see a pic or other proof, and no, getting Dirty Boy Dudley to corroborate won't do--I trust him like I trust you--no offense intended, nor should there be any taken. :D

Inland Armpit, Somewhere near Plank, UK? Proof! As in the same kind of proof for Fucking, Austria (Fucking-A, for short).
  2. planktonnn

planktonnn .also, i am a tw@rt

Oddometer:
    Ok, what can I say, I lied for (very small) comedic purposes. Ya got me, but if you knew the area you'd know that there might as well be a place nearby so named :D

After all we do have a village called 'Marsh Gibbon' in the general area, tho/ough that is, in a sense, a very lovely place. I certainly had some very good times there.
  3. Dirtyboydeadly

Dirtyboydeadly AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer:
    <br
    Lo Inland Armpit? Ima gonna need to see a pic or other proof, and no, getting Dirty Boy Dudley to corroborate won't do--I trust him like I trust you--no offense intended, nor should there be any taken. :D<br />
    <br />
    Inland Armpit, Somewhere near Plank, UK? Proof! As in the same kind of proof for Fucking, Austria (Fucking-A, for short).<br/>.
    I thought my ears were glowing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  4. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    It's ok, all us locals have that, it's something in the water :lol3
  5. rambozo

rambozo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When they have a place called 'cock er mouth' inland armpit doesn't sound too
    far fetched:lol3

(I may of added a couple of spaces to cockermouth by accident)
  6. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Well, nothing is too far fetched for the Former United Commonwealth Kingdoms.

[​IMG]
    http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/303117_10151541878390631_582246435_n.jpg

& http://www.anglotopia.net/ultimate-list-of-funny-british-place-names/
  7. rambozo

rambozo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rofl

Cockermouth pales in significance compared to some of those, fanny streets a
    good one:lol3
  8. Thorazine

Oddometer:
    All we have is smog & meth heads in Smoggy Valley/Inland Armpit. No fun in that. Plus, the county planners won't entertain my place name suggestions.
  9. Thorazine

Oddometer:
    And the dumb ass of the week award goes to . . .

Any of you good readers? Consider this act of brilliance first. While checking the timing, which I hate because I can't get too close with my glasses to see anything in a penny-sized hole, much less strobe lit, so I have to take off the glasses and get close in to see anything. Problem is the huge face on my oil temp dipstick sorta overlaps the peep hole. See below:

[​IMG]

'Why not take it (meaning the dipstick) out?' Said the ijjit. So I do, then fire it up and get the gun fixed on the hole. I noticed it was a little foggy in the garage, but my glasses were off, so half-blind genius me just dismissed it as a little exhaust. Get in nice and close and find the timing is way retarded (low hanging fruit--don't degrade yourself on this one), then see tiny droplets of 'something' forming on the carb inlet tube when it hits me--it's fucking 20/50 shooting with exaggerated fervor out of that tiny dipstick hole! Dumb ass turns the bike off and wipes everything down. Thorazine 3.0 comes in the garage (a true gear head--comes running when he hears the bike running or the sound of tools dropping--activity and fun times to follow, he rightly deduces). He looks closely at me and asks what that shiny stuff is in my hair. Turns out only half of the oil spout was spraying oil all over the bike & garage. the other half sprayed straight into my hair.

Yup. That's me. I win! :clap
  10. Thorazine

Oddometer:
    Practically took a Silkwood Shower--still smell like Castrol--and there's oil everywhere in the garage.

Getting funnier by the minute.

yay
  11. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Aaaaand we have a winner!?! Well to be fair we're all in this together as I must admit to having done that one myself... :1drink

Timing wise you running points, points in beancan or late beancan? I have a Boyer Bransden E-Ignition fitted so run a Boyer Hall Sensor slotted into a beancan.
  12. Thorazine

Oddometer:
    Just good ol points. No bean can. Didn't they start beancans with the /7s-post /6s? But I have serious problems with timing topped with proportional ignorance of its causes. It's bizarre. I'll start a new thread soon. I expect your input. Be ready--get ready to brain. :norton

And as for the Dumb Ass award, it's only Thursday. I have loads of time to cement my status with some extra credit activities--could even orchestrate a spillover effect, guaranteeing a second consecutive triumph. Who knows how far I could take it? I see a bright future.
  13. planktonnn

Oddometer:

Like the images, but here for the audio...
  14. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    A stute. I have been told by The person I am a stute.

My reply was:

Well am not a certified stute, but have studied stutidity in my spare time you know? I was looking to study stupidity but, duh, messed up 1 letter & look what happened. No Look... Actually I just make wild hopeful guesses, but don't mention it to the staff huh?
  15. planktonnn

Oddometer:

16. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">Originally Posted by Thorazine [​IMG]
    Just good ol points. ... But I have serious problems with timing topped with proportional ignorance of its causes. It's bizarre. I'll start a new thread soon. I expect your input. Be ready--get ready to brain. :norton

And as for the Dumb Ass award, it's only Thursday. I have loads of time to cement my status with some extra credit activities--could even orchestrate a spillover effect, guaranteeing a second consecutive triumph. Who knows how far I could take it? I see a bright future.

</td></tr></tbody></table>
    a) Ah, I can see the benefit of points (eg roadside replacement etc.) but I always get them wrong, and for my level of disinterest/inability in the general area of mechano-masochism they need too much attention.

I set the Boyer Beancan 3 years ago by ear (falling revs either side of a peak at 'right' I was told, a bit like tuning a geetar by oscillating differential harmonics I thought) & apart from a mm or so tweaking by a strobed up 'The Dave' at the 1st MOT test it's not needed touching since. And in the end that sort of shit works for me. I was building a B(MW)itsa so wasn't constrained by what Helmut At The Factory did whenever he did it. I just took the best of what I had in boxes & collided them into a 'bike'. So at the end of the day I couldn't comment on /6 or /7 variants :lol3 My lump of a bike was based on -

[​IMG]

The original DMW donor, with my Rat K75 hiding in the background.

a cont.) But it came with siezed big end(s), bad jugs, no carbs & without bevel & gearbox which got hoiked off for someones spares pile. I was asked £50 inc delivery so threw in a tenner for a pint or two. I threw the front end and various bits (clocks/bars/rack/sidepanels/mirrors/rear mudfenderguard & light/indicators etc.) at Pjcr12shelvesfullofbits & stuck a K75s front end in it (I think, may be K100, don't recall), and generally bastardised the rest thru/ough a combination of a desire to have things all my way, an allergy to 'finish' & the aforementioned/amply evidenced mechanical misanthropy. '79 reg. It had another pre '82 block put in it but I chewed the big ends while out collecting The Standard One, about which this thread was established. You know, before it became really confusing which bike we were posting about (post 12?)... It was then cheaper/easier to stick a post '82 lump in it than drag the block apart, grind the crank & rods & re-shell them. There's a pic of the damaged shells somewhere early in the thread, on a spotty table cloth?

b) It's beyond kind for you to infer I may have some viable input but I can give you my post now if it helps - You know that previous bit where I said about fitting a E-Ignition & Hall Sensor? That's it there. :lol3

c) Re Dumb Ass Award, are we not all default weekly recipients as shown by hanging round this here thing of a thread? I guess, for all of us, it's less a competition & more ritual self placement in the public stocks with a sort of 'You'll never guess what I...' feel to it? I've come to terms with the fact that the hit rates* go up the more absurd the mistakes become :1drink But I can't award it to myself every week so, for what it's worth, for outstanding invention of a new pre-change oil drain 'method' you get this, whatever I manage to pull of in the remaining 24hrs of the award period:

[​IMG]

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SCD9L2is8VA/TXUy3Ba8tdI/AAAAAAAAAW0/qNSQQ8oIZFo/s1600/idiot%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bweek%2Btrophy%2Bcartoon%2Bby%2B elm.jpg
    Via http://historynewstrivia.blogspot.co...t-of-week.html

You must of course return it next Thursday (US time) so that I can award it to myself again... Unless, as you say, you manage to pull off another winning D'Oh for the roll over. Now don't go making shit up, reality presents enough idiocies for us to keep it real huh? :lol3

* As if on-line metrics mean much, right now showing 395,604.
  17. planktonnn

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

Original Source unknown.
  18. planktonnn

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

Original Source Unknown
  19. rightsideup

rightsideup Get your motor running...

Oddometer:
    Murray Walker, R4, Desert Island Discs - worth a listen Planktonnn?
  20. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    My limited/cheap connection won't allow playback from http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03xzx62#threeG, which may also have region limits so may not be accessible internationally? I walked past a radio that was playing the show sometime over the weekend (Sat or Sun? ie scheduled to link with the 1st GP of the year) and he seemed to be chatting away amiably enough, at that point about the old 'How I got started in commentary' tale, which if one didn't know was thru/ough Papa Walker. Oh the fate of birth.

The songs listed at the link above do seem to reflect the man.

The copyright restricted podcast version usually doesn't include more than snapshots of the songs so one would get a better rounded feel thru/ough playback at the link above, but the chat is all there & maybe that's the bit that matters? I just get a 'This stream doesn't seem to be working' flag & can't get a download workaround to work, around. This SIM/dongle connection is odd as sometimes it lets me play things, sometimes not. The throttling policy seems off kilter.

I was fond enough of Murray & his enthusiasm and it's true, as is often said, he could make a dull race seem tense, but most of all I loved Hunt. I remember watching the following live & spat my coffee :lol3

Brundle was quality but not maverick like James. Martin would infer a sarcasm or snipe, but James would say it. Jonathan Plalmer was bluddy awful. As said before my fav commentary combination has been Ryder/Moody/Spalding, and it was good when Mamola was there. Informed, insightful & enthusiastic. A loss.