kenny61 goes racing or another middle aged out of shape guy goes racing thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by kenny61, Feb 13, 2012.

1. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Looking at the score card pics I came up with

124 entries
    13 No starts
    24 DNF's (maybe some houred out not sure how it works with the scoring)

Puts me over all at 86 out of 87 finishers and 111 racers :freaky:freaky
  2. gbg

gbg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't judge yourself against just "finishers", if someone hours out they may not bother calculating their score after that point. Beside you have to finish to win, so you beat anyone who didn't finish fair and square. I agree with Crank that you deserve lot of credit just for getting out there and racing. I saw a quote once that I really agree with: "I'd rather he a racer for a day than a spectator for life." Nice job.
  3. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    I was looking at my score sheet I made up some pretty good time in the smoother sections I thought. I need to learn large rocks better. You see this guy?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zj4c3RBqTRA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zj4c3RBqTRA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
  4. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    That's Ryan Botessi, AA and winner of the Enduro. He has a trials back ground and is an excellent rider. Some people have a gift and He's been riding a long time as I recall. Ride as much as you can, its the only way to get better. A lot of ADV folks blow all kinds of money on graphics and other bling, a sticker will never make you faster:lol3
  5. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Thats why I put all my money into the rubber duck on my fender :lol3

[​IMG]

Seriously, I know nothing beats experience. Thats why I took the extra 2 days and rode Pauchug. I can feel the difference in fitness even with the minimum amount of riding I can squeeze in. today I was rubing my shoulder and felt a bump. Took me a little while to realize its a muscle :lol3

Im gonna put a crazy plumber sticker and see how I do at the next one

http://www.netra.org/event/flyer/6/2012KingPhilipFlyer.pdf
  6. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    I remember hanging out with Ryan and getting a little bit better just by being about ten feet from him.
  7. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    OOOO do you think you posting in my thread will rub a little off on me:lol3
  8. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    3rd wave about 28 seconds... :freaky

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SaN-7yXCd4s?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SaN-7yXCd4s?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
  9. devo2002

devo2002 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well this thread has rubbed off on me. *:norton

When you mentioned you were gonna be spending alot of time on racing, and then when u went out for three days just last weekend it inspired me. *I told my girl I need one weekend a month where I go out riding, leave crack of dawn Saturday and come home dinner time Sunday. *I expected to hear grief and cause an argument, I guess i did it in just the right way that she said of course, complete with no hint of payback:freaky drinks for the rest of the year on me!
  10. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    I know you'll take this the right way when I say I was hoping you'd do the rubbing :evil

As for me, a plethora of enthusiasm takes over where skill drops off :freaky
  11. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    Thats how I roll:lol3
  12. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Probably because you left out the part in red:lol3. 6 months free drinks sounds about right for me not pointing out the fact that I gave up about 8-12 hours a week of riding. Im actually out less now:lol3
  13. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:

Yeah I learned that quick but use the words balls, indifference or just wanting it to end no matter what the results are instead of enthusiasm :lol3

at the point where the branch pulled the bike over on me I decided to take a little breather and water down only to find out I only had 2 sips left. Tired, hot and dehydrated I took a very small very dark orange pee and looked down the trail to see that roughly 3 foot high almost perfectly flat rock face with a little kicker near the top awaited me not 50' down the trail. As I pondered why the hell I decided to get into enduro racing about 3-5 bikes passed me and all of them went up and over no problem. Knowing that they too were only human and that the only successful way for me to make it to the next check was up and over I put my helmet on and fired the bike up, and not caring if I made it over the rock with the bike or over the handlebars without the bike I drove right at the damn thing at I speed I hoped wouldn't hurt too much. Well just like in the vids that little kicker brought the ass end up and the the front end down and I thought wow that was too easy and continued on. Another little trick I use is when I get feeling like I really just want to lay down and quit is to think of AWM.. when in doubt throddle out. The key to that is to visualize the misspelling of throttle. That makers me chuckle out loud every time:lol3.

From what I remember there were 2 pretty steep rock faces the video isn't the clearest but I think at around 5:58 was the one I was talking about if not it was pretty similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaN-7yXCd4s&feature=player_embedded#t=356s
  14. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    This guy put up a pretty good video showing the desert and the fast fun section

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fdiYDkX44gE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fdiYDkX44gE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
  15. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KmNegOg6dOM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  16. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Rocktoberfest is cancelled!!!:cry:cry:cry
  17. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    Enduroland is open this weekend!
  18. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    I got family crap:cry

:rofl
  19. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    9am exactly 48 to race time... I just promised AWM if I finish in top 10 of my class I'll be back in on the roaming rally!!... Everybody start prayin:freaky
  20. AJxr

AJxr #395

Oddometer:
    which race are ya riding?