Russell Day Long Saddle group buy winter 2012-3

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by kindofblue, Oct 9, 2012.

1. kindofblue

kindofblue Ride it like you stole it

Oddometer:
    There is a gentleman on the Vulcan Bagger forums trying to coordinate a group buy. It matters not what king of bike you ride.

He currently has 117 people on the list (including moi). Russell has not committed to any group buys this year as they are pretty booked up, but told Mike to check back in early to mid November. So Mike, the organizer is keeping the list going in the hopes it will work out.

In the past group buy discounts have ranged from 10-20! :D

One has to join the forum then send Mike a PM with your info. Here's the thread that discusses it
    http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30504

I'll also be posting this on the Beasts sub-forum

P.S. Mike, the organizer, has posted this about the buy and contacting Russell:
    All:

I would ask that members of the "alleged" group buy not contact RDL with questions about it. Please feel free to contact them with any and all questions you have about their product, but allow me to negotiate with them about the possibility of a group buy within the timeframe they gave me. It is reasonable to expect that RDL enjoys the business that a group buy effort can generate, but doesn't like the fact that a group buy may delay or replace full price orders that they might generate immediately.

Calling them and spinning them up about a group buy before the timeframe they gave me to call back, may actually reduce the possibility that one will occur. The last thing I want to do is aggravate them to the point they won't entertain the idea at all when November rolls around.

Keep in mind that until RDL accepted Hollow Road Rider's GL1800 Forum request for a group buy last year on November 3, 2011, his efforts were just an "alleged" group buy as well. He started collecting names for his list on August 7, 2011. RDL did not ultimately take orders on that group buy until December 5, 2011.
  2. kindofblue

Oddometer:
    There is a gentleman on the Vulcan Bagger forums trying to coordinate a group buy. It matters not what king of bike you ride.

He currently has 117 people on the list (including moi). Russell has not committed to any group buys this year as they are pretty booked up, but told Mike to check back in early to mid November. So Mike, the organizer is keeping the list going in the hopes it will work out.

In the past group buy discounts have ranged from 10-20! :D

One has to join the forum then send Mike a PM with your info. Here's the thread that discusses it

http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30504

I've also posted this in the Gspot sub-forum.
  3. Spummerr

Spummerr Voyager

Oddometer:
    FANTASTIC SEAT!! Highly recommended!! Love mine!!
  4. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    I'm almost afraid to see one on a Tiger 800 :huh

Good luck though!
  5. DirtRider....

DirtRider.... Wandering Turtle

Oddometer:
    well crap... now i will have to sign up for a possible group buy... been on the fence due to price but with a decent discount... welllll that is guwd! :freaky:clap
  6. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
    Fucking brilliant. I just ordered mine yesterday and have a scheduled build date.
  7. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    Outstanding!
    I need to have them build me another one, and sell the one they built for me in jan. I've lost enough wieght that it don't really fit me any more.
    Full price can be pretty spendy!
  8. kindofblue

Oddometer:
    Yes, it might be a wee bit big for an 800 but fine for a 1200 Explorer :D
  9. kindofblue

Oddometer:
    Hi Kip, You might check with them. They may be able to re-do the saddle for your more svelte weight. And congrats on that! :D

10. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    Yea I heard they aren't the best for off-roading and standing up. On the flip side they look more comfortable than my current couch! Anyone have one yet? :ear
  11. Spaggy

Spaggy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm #121. Hope it goes through.
  12. DirtRider....

DirtRider.... Wandering Turtle

Oddometer:
    #122 for me... what was the cut off?? was it 100 or 150?? :ear
  13. ReCycled

ReCycled Long timer

Oddometer:

I was in our group buy last year but had to offer the spot to someone else after I blew the farkle budget buying another bike...
  14. kindofblue

Oddometer:
    As the group buy is tentative (and no max #s as I understand), I've decided to get a RDL sooner rather than later. The stock and comfort seats on the TEX really make the ride uncomfortable for me.

My seat is scheduled for production this coming Th. :D
  15. lukeinlondon

lukeinlondon LC GSA/Helix

Oddometer:
    the link doesn't work is it still happening what was the final word?