What did you do with your Trials Bike today?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Brewtus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. eyedragaknee

eyedragaknee McGuyver

Oddometer:
  2. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. wb22rules

wb22rules Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I repacked the muffler the other night, that took a bit longer than I expected, but I am anal on most projects and I wanted to make sure it was evenly packed and there were no voids or soft spots.
    I also found a new purpose for a little work bench my father in law had given me many years ago. It is the same design as the one in this link.

http://www.amazon.com/Construction-...7531602&sr=8-6&keywords=portable+work+benches

I opened it up enough to set the front wheel in it and clamped it on the tire, holds the bike in a great position for cleaning or working on the engine area :)

Today I degunkified the chain so it moves freely again, it was so caked with chain lube and grease it had gotten fairly stiff. The sprockets and chain are a bit worn, but I am sure I can get a summer out of them and worry about replacements over the winter.
  4. Seavoyage

Seavoyage Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    San Francisco but mostly in Asia these days
    Went over the top and installed a Tech Factory fork on my daughters Gasser Pro 200 which I just put a S3 225cc kit and flywheel weight on.

Justification? To match the revalved Sachs rear shock I just had done...

I need to fine tune a few bits over the next 2-days so we can ride this weekend.
  5. wb22rules

Oddometer:
    Reinstalled the radiator and coolant lines after thorough cleaning and tweaking all of the radiator fins for max airflow. Finished sanding the exhaust pipe surface where it meets the cylinder so it is flush and the new gasket won't leak the one previous did.
  6. StroupDog

StroupDog Shut-it Beotch

Oddometer:
    Placed 1st in intermediate support class at the Steel Stampede held at Crooked River Ranch Oregon.

[​IMG]
  7. nwcycle

nwcycle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Since we could not make the Tilton Event, Fly spent the afternoon practicing his splatters and log riding
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. wb22rules

Oddometer:
    Installed intake/reeds/carb and front exhaust components, bled out cruddy fluid in rear brake with new and adjusted lever height.
  9. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    I pray you wrote down and have a way to do this in the future? Hmmm? :evil
  10. LarryDawg

LarryDawg trials nut

Oddometer:
    Nickerson/Hutchinson Kansas=Cesspool of the World
    Im a machinist its all the same!!!!
    Larrydawg
  11. wb22rules

Oddometer:

Heres a pic of the bike on that work stand before I took it down tonight.
    [​IMG]

and after a little wash

[​IMG]

Finished putting it back together and drained and refilled the front brake with fresh fluid.
    Of course the bleed screw broke just like the one on the clutch, so it took 30 minutes of pumping the lever to get it air free. Now I just need to fill it with oil, coolant and fuel and check out the new clutch :D
  12. darmst6829

darmst6829 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought Crooked River was awesome! I rode the 2 line Classic Expert and scored 16 in what (I thought) was a tough trial. Joe Kokkevael (?) won the class with a score of 6.
  13. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    Goto Napa, get a brake bleeding syringe, so you can push brake fluid in from the slave/bleeder, takes just seconds to "air free" anything on a trials bike, usually.

mine says STOP (brand) I think, I have to use a 4 inch piece of fuel line hose shoved onto the tip of the blunt syring. had it forever, it was probably just for bench bleeding automotive when I bought it.
  14. wb22rules

Oddometer:
    I will pick one of those up once I can use it, both the clutch and front brake bleed screws have broken off, the clutch one then broke an easy out. So I am not messing with either again until I have new slave or caliper in hand so I dont end up with a bike I can't ride. I don't think either had been loosened in many years from the dark crud that came out of both systems. The rear brake bleed screw actually loosened fine, but that system is horizontal and the syringe isnt as helpful there I dont think.
    All of the systems have fresh DOT 4 in them and they are air free now, so I do not intend to mess with them again for a while honestly.
  15. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I always hang the rear tire to be above the rear master cylinder when bleeding. Just did an rm80 that would not bleed till this position!
  16. wb22rules

Oddometer:
    Thats a great idea, but the rear was the only one of the three that went fairly easy like doing car brakes. It was the clutch and the front that was like a finger workout pumping the lever until all the air left in small little bubbles LOL
  17. More CowBell

More CowBell gotahave moreCowbell

Oddometer:
  18. ADVCoop

ADVCoop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice video!
  19. LarryDawg

LarryDawg trials nut

Oddometer:
    Nickerson/Hutchinson Kansas=Cesspool of the World
    Soon as I get healed up a bit I'm pulling the side covers of the engine and polishing them out no more black paint. While I'm at it I'm changing the neck angle. And repairing the frame and new paint. Then repolish front fork lowers
    I had my final carpal tunnel surgery this morning and now it's a waiting game,.
    So it's time to figure out how many mods I can do to put it on a diet!
    LarryDawg
  20. mung

mung Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have a new 12 Raga that has been sitting in the garage all winter.Rode it yesterday for the first time.Started first kick and all the controls are very smooth and silky feeling.After a rough start I think we will get along now.Been riding my 04 Raga this spring and it is an amazing ride but a former student of mine wants it bad so it is going down the road.Going to a trials "school" next weekend to hopefully get rid of some of my bad habits and to start out the 04s owner with good habits.