Triumph Tiger 800

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by ScrambDaddy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Mista Vern

Mista Vern Knows All - Tells Some.

Oddometer:
    That is an understatement. I heard that there was a meeting of all world religions, plus representitives from aboriginal cultures, and the upshot of this confabulation is a multi-theistic decree that the new Triumph Tiger 800 is a an earthly manifestation of God's/the Gods' love.

Rumor also has it that there is a petroglyph of the bike on a newly discovered Mayan calendar.
  2. WormShanks

WormShanks b00b

Oddometer:
    Will the seat cover material cause chafing when I ride with no pants? I'm pretty sure I spotted someone in one of those videos riding with ass-less pants. A good sign perhaps? I'm hoping for real improvement in this area over the German/Austrian offerings.
  3. Heyload

Heyload Bent but not broken

Oddometer:
    So...it's a 2012 model, then?
  4. max.headroom

max.headroom That "Retro" Digital, Ummmm ..... Dude.

Oddometer:
    Dear Mista Vern .....

Is it true that within Triumph's Marketing Division, one of the possible names for this new 800cc beast, is in fact;

The Triumph Dirty Sanchez

And that, that name has not been completely ruled out?

Thank you,

G-Funk
  5. Mista Vern

Oddometer:
    I am sorry, but my handlers advise me against making a comment on the record at this time. I thik I can say though, that the moniker "Triumph Tiger 800 DS" has, indeed, been overheard at gatherings of certain people in the know. That is all I have to say about that.
  6. TheMule

TheMule Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Release date will be 12.21.2012 but you better pre-order....
  7. max.headroom

max.headroom That "Retro" Digital, Ummmm ..... Dude.

Oddometer:
    Thank you, and understood ..... :nod
  8. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    I heard at a dealer last weekend it will be the 675 engine. From the Triumph site I bet it is stroked to a 750. :evil
  9. ganze

ganze lone biker of the apocalypse

Oddometer:
    I heard that it will split space and time and open new pathways to other universes: and usher in the age of Aquarius too.

this thing is so hardcore and I am going to buy it because I am so hardcore.
  10. Birdy68

Birdy68 Scared, but wants to

Oddometer:
    Ooooh - CENTER STAND :clap

[​IMG]

Big Screen..!!

[​IMG]

Weldings...

[​IMG]

Uncomplicated tension adjusters!

[​IMG]

Center Spring!

[​IMG]
  11. Mista Vern

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Birdy! :1drink
  12. Mista Vern

Oddometer:
    Tehran, Iran
    1 September 2010

Mahmoud Armanidinnerjacket, President of the Islamic Republic of Iran, announced today that all research and testing research and production of nuclear energy was being halted immediately.

In an open press conference, he noted, "We are tired of being billed as a rogue nation and are anticipating that this concession to western powers will allow us to have full and free access to the new Triumph Tiger 800 DS".

He added, "I mean, what's the point of having nuclear weapons on hand if there is any chance at all that they might harm one of these marvelous new bikes?"

Commenting on the remarks, the Grand Ayatollah of the Islamic Republic of Iran opined, "The new Triumph Tiger 800 DS will open the doors to world peace and a universal harmony that would please Prophet Mohammed if he were alive today".
  13. overlandr

overlandr Dystopist

Oddometer:
    One of the very few posts that I've read where I actually LOL!
  14. Mista Vern

Oddometer:
    Originally Posted by Mista Vern
    They could also steal Royal Enfield's marketing motto: "We turn ordinary men into mechanics".

Thanks - on the whole, this place is much more fun than all the other copy cat threads about the new Triumph Toger 800 DS! I don't even know why the mods keep the other threads going. Payola I reckon. :evil
  15. thumperpilot

thumperpilot Thumper Pilot

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  16. ganze

ganze lone biker of the apocalypse

Oddometer:
    I believe that is a drawing of the constellation Triumphus Tigris (Latin?) found carved in a lodestone from the recently discovered site of the Ark on mount Ararat in eastern Turkey.

It is speculated (wildly so) that the pilot of the ark used the lodestone to guide the animals to safety by directing the ark toward what we now know to be north.

What we can know is that the pilot of the ark had this new motorcycle on his mind as he was thinking about how hardcore his situation was and how much he would have appreciated an adjustable seat, tall windscreen, upright riding position, steel frame and a large gas tank. I mean, how comfortable would that floating zoo have been after several weeks?
  17. Mista Vern

Oddometer:
    Good eye. The image is eerily similar to the carvings found in recently unearthed tombs Central America. Co-inky-dink? I think not.

Regarding your opinion on comfort regarding the the Truimph Tiger 800 DS, I have little doubt that 40 days and 40 mights in the saddle of the Trumphy would be like a picnic at Camp Snoopy compared to even two days aboard the ark.

BTW, did you know why the two snakes could not go forth and multiply like the other animals who left the ark?

They were adders.
  18. Grizzlybear

Grizzlybear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow! Where did you get that!

It is not hard to see that this bike will rock the dual-sport world like nothing else on looks alone. From the above it seems to be proportionally correct apart from the large muffler, no doubt a direct requirement of the Euro noise nazi's but the aftermarket will soon fix that. Triumph have cleverly put all the right bits in all the right places so me-thinks that if the specs follow somewhere close to the following ideal, the'll sell ship loads of this bike.

The name: Tiger Cub. Perfect, rolls of the tongue well and evokes an emotion.
    The engine. 800cc enlarged from the 675 via increased stroke. Perfect, lightweight long stroke motor will produce buckets of torque and a respectable top end. I'll guess it at 110hp @ 11,000rpm and 100Nm with 70% of that available from 3500rpm onwards.
    The bike. With the Street Triple scalling in at about 167kg, my guess is the Tiger Cub (in either form, road or off-road) will tip the scales at around 175kg. This is similar to the KTM Super Enduro and super expensive BMW 1200GS HP2 but around 15kg lighter than the obvious opposition, the buzzy F800GS at 189kg.
    Fuel range: Triumph claim that the bike will go the distance in touring mode so I am thinking that 20L can be squeezed in for a theoretical range of approximatly 400km. Par for course but nothing wrong with that.
    Suspension: From the video teasers, pics and line drawings it appears Triumph have this well sorted. Likely travel will be around 220mm to 240mm both ends and the two piece seat (probably adjustable) will have you off the ground by about 840-850mm being a good compromise for most riders.
    Frame and swingarm: Steel frame construction is the way to go for strength and ridgidity but might add an extra pound or two to the weight. The alloy swingarm looks stylish and will do the job. Hopefully the centre-stand is not an optional item but standard fitment.
    Panniers: Hopefully a set of alloy boxes will be an option for the off-road version with the normal plastiky Givi type panniers for the roadie.

Hey, it cost nothin' to dream! Griz
  19. Mobiker

Mobiker Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought it was, "On the trailing edge of technology since 1909."
  20. DireWolf

DireWolf Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer:
    If this bike cannot transport me back in time so I can make out with Christina Penna at summer camp again, I ain't interested. :1drink