World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Last night in airfield map, there was a KV4 (opfors top tank) dishing out hate to my team. a T34 and myself as low man in a 3001p climbed the hill to the arena thing, the T34 faced off and I went for the flank attack and got behind him. I was shooting his turret rear and someone tracked me. The KV4 just started backing up to push me off the cliff. Just as I went over I took a fatal hit, the KV4 kept pushing, went over with me and got stuck on the side of the hill.:lol3 We tied up 1/2 the team as they were trying to kill our T34 and myself. Allowed out guys to go around, flank and attack from the rear for the win. :clap
  2. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    Had a team-killer last night on Abbey, a T34 I think took out our Priest, then another, as the whole team reported his ass and his icon turned blue after the second hit. "Sidewinder", hope he gets the ban hammer for that. Dood has more dick in his personality than his pants. Needless. And needless to say, we lost something awful since we were both down 2 players right away, and too busy dealing with him to focus on the game. IIRC he got offed after another 5 minutes, no idea who did it though.
  3. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    Logged in last night and played 4 games in the T71. Three losses, one draw. Back to the sabbatical...
  4. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I played 4 last night in TD's (1 Hellcat, 1 SU-85, 2 SU-122-44). Went 3-1 with a 100% survival rate. Got a Top Gun in the SU-85, because the baby seals came to me....:lol3
  5. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are there no Tier III tanks besides mine? Every battle I'm stuck with IV and V, and have a really tough time getting pens and not getting lit up. The rare occasion I'm not in the bottom three on the list I do ok, but it is getting ridiculous.
  6. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I run the Chinese Chi-ha tier 3 and am usually top of the heap in that POS tank.

Grind faster:deal:lol3
  7. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    What tank are you using? Some of them seem to weight more heavily towards higher tier battles.
  8. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    you all having problems with ADU not uploading every battle result? :scratch
  9. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer

Oddometer:
    T-46. I've considered just buying the M3 stuart and seeing if my luck changes, grinding the T-46 blows.

On the other hand, there are a ton of new maps to get lost on. :cromag
  10. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    2/8 today.

what's the point?

Did have a great game in the T30 on El Haluff. 5 kills. sniper. 65k silver. 3000xp.

you can tell it's spring break. maybe hang it up for a week till things get settled down :deal
  11. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    in my experience the tanks that normally get boned in the match making is the light tanks (scouts), but it may also be a function of it being spring break right now too.
  12. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    A while back someone (Ed, was it you?) asked me to take a picture of my new WoT T-shirt.

Well, I didn't have batteries for the camera, and I also wanted to wait until I could get a shot at the beach (since I'm down here in south Florida) for a little bit better shot.

I think I beat that.

How about the shirt, my motorcycle, and an American tank?

[​IMG]

Helmet hair - what little there is left - but a better picture of the shirt:

[​IMG]

The front of the tank with the turret in the traveling position, taken from the left seat of a ship's anti-aircraft gun. The shape of the hull's front of this M-60 reminds me of the front of T110E5 and T110E4 hulls in the game:

[​IMG]

I took this one just for those of you who used to be a little confused about shooting a tank in its side in the tracks' area... note the sloped armor:

[​IMG]

Info just like in WoT:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the whole tank:

[​IMG]

Front of the turret, rear of the hull in case anyone wanted a close-up:

[​IMG]

I just got back from a camping trip up in the Kissimmee prairie area. I learned a lot, saw a lot, and realize I'm living in the wrong place.

Some pictures from that trip: https://davidhanny.smugmug.com/Moto...airie/28541201_vCHCtp#!i=2419322744&k=2c4BBM4
  13. Rafiki

Rafiki Some Dude

Oddometer:

Ahhhh....The '60a3....I remember turning those in and drawing M1's......

and turning in our 5 tons and me getting a HEMTT......good times,good times.....
  14. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl Now I have a face to put with the voice. :huh
  15. Theaty Hannington

Theaty Hannington Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not Safe for Work: This morning I had some kid ask me "FYYFF? Is that like Yiffing?" I told him no, but that I am ATGATT. :evil He was confused.
  16. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    Now you have a t-shirt to match with the voice. :D

Like I wrote earlier, the medium is the smallest medium I've seen in a while. I usually wear mediums because the average t-shirt size's true fit has grown along with the American population's waistline (but I still don't think you can tell I have in inside-the-waistband holster and a Smith & Wesson under it from that distance picture).

So I ended up with an actual underwear-shirt instead of one I'd wear out and about. I wore it for the +300 miles of motorcycle touring and camping here, but that's because it was under my motorcycling gear, and would have been cool enough (since it's tight) to wear if the temps were hot. Instead, the temps remained cooler.
  17. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    My daughter pointed out that I'm wearing the same shirt. She thought it was pretty cool. I'm a bit disturbed by it, but I'll get over it.:D
  18. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    I'm not wearing mine right now if it's any consolation :wink: (I hope yours fits you better)

I did not head out ever thinking I'd find a tank 100 miles from home, but then there it was. I'm pretty sure some of the country folk saw me and must have thought me a bit strange with me trying to take photos of my shirt and a tank. Though out in that territory I was deemed strange for not being on a Harley anyhow. In fact, like, huge truck coming over to 'tag' me during a pass (in a passing zone, at a fully reasonable speed) back on farm roads after he saw what I was riding when I was stopped on the side taking a photo.

You don't drive into Americana on a Jap bike and expect to be welcomed.
  19. OLDNX

OLDNX Long timer

Oddometer:

I'll never sleep again:eek1

Ben grinding Brit heavy's and TDs and have had really suck teams for the past 2-3 weeks, i dont think its the time of day but the number of players that cause the enormous vacuum sound that we all hear.

Then I unleashed the mighty Bison and got this

[​IMG]
  20. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    I run my premium T-127 fairly regularly.