Garden State Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by sallydog, Aug 28, 2008.

1. RacerXS

RacerXS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This tag makes me think about taking the day off & going fishing after getting it. This is a cool area.
  2. RedPower

RedPower Long timer

Oddometer:
    It took longer to upload the pic than it did to get:lol3
    I'm sure you guys know it:evil I could have pushed my bike there like doc did on the palisdes pkwy:lol3

Badhabbit I figured where I went wrong:huh I forgot to loop around the back:lol3 :rofl :lol3
    Maybe I'll snag the new one on the way to millville:evil
  3. NJjeff

NJjeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Although the moon was out tonight it could not help brighten this place up at night.

I tried several times to adjust the camera. I thought I had it, mount it on the tripod, and "click" the batteries are dead!!!!!

So NJ tag crew, this is what I got.

(O.C.F. rider, poor as my photo may be, do I get the extra credit??

Split Rock Reservoir

[​IMG]
  4. > 1 BAD HABIT

> 1 BAD HABIT Zadyma

Oddometer:
    nice catch NJjeff!
    no arguments here - I could have make it more obvious... if I knew that's what you're after :lol3
    come on now and give me some credit.. The intent was to give everyone a shot at it and even the local guys, 15 min away, were scratching their heads :wink: :scratch
    ..you don't hear Yellow Iron or stbob complaining... so what that they came empty handed... they rode many miles and isn't what this tag is all about?
    If you ask me, probably there's no place in NJ where locals can get from home or work in 20 min. or less..
    anyway, for a moment there I thought maybe some of you are afraid of little competition, but the plan is to move tag around - okay, okay i got it :marc
    ..but don't make me feel like I'm the univited guest at a b-day party :thwak
  5. RUGGER64

RUGGER64 COMMUTER

Oddometer:
    I do not! I see not bears in that pic:huh
    great grab, man!
    When they said bears, I was trying to find a way to get a rifle on the Ram mount:lol3
  6. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    :clap :clap :clap , Njjeff

Now I can go back to sleep! Thought I was headed to bear country to get the double. Then I was going to move it South near Cycle John! :lol3 :lol3
  7. Y2GREY

Y2GREY Clothing Optional

Oddometer:
    We had Fish and Game in Camp Lewis on Thursday. Three biologists saw four bears within the first 10 minutes they were there and had one on a radio tracker. We then had to bring in a culvert trap. I'll let you know how it turns out so they can be relocated. The old golf course on Green Pond Rd is a state release spot, that's one of the reasosns for the numbers.
  8. > 1 BAD HABIT

> 1 BAD HABIT Zadyma

Oddometer:
    maybe it was one busy bear? :wink:
    Don't tell me the biologists were holding hands.. :huh
  9. O.C.F.RIDER

O.C.F.RIDER Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer:
    Nice grab NJjeff! Your extra credit prize is.....................................a plate of cold linguini, to be collected at my place! :lol3
    Tried to make it Easy with the Clues, so I don't get YELLED at for stalling "The Game".
    Would have had the tag up a little quicker, 'cept that I had to stop on Clinton Road to help out 2 sporty biker guy's that, ahem, ran out of talent on one of the tight downhill decreasing radius left handers. Nobody hurt, but quite the yard sale of late model Jap plastic!!!!

Ride On!
    Chris
  10. NJjeff

NJjeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Chris, thanks for the prize.

Clues:
    * This 1786 Dutch Farm house was on 145 acres, today nearly all of the property is a reservoir.
    * It was built by Uriah ____________ (name of house).
    *The road it's on is named after his wife Maria Polly Berdan.
    *Today it's a museum.

Front of house photo: A very simple trip on the lawn and you can get this photo.

[​IMG]

Alternate acceptable photo taken from the parking lot.

[​IMG]
  11. O.C.F.RIDER

O.C.F.RIDER Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer:
    OOOOOOOOH! OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

I KNOW WHERE IT IS!!!!!
  12. > 1 BAD HABIT

> 1 BAD HABIT Zadyma

Oddometer:
  13. Hofbrau

Hofbrau Prosit!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the good clues. I found it in a few minutes on Google but it's about 70 miles away and I have to work today.

Looks like under 15 miles for you and O.C.F..
  14. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
  15. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Really sorry to hear that. We have such a small state, and such a great game. Splitting it in half takes most of the fun out of it for me, at least.

Too bad you fellows can't do an hour or two to a tag. Just think what the Pa. folks have to do sometimes! And there is nothing wrong with a nice ride to a Bruce. I was expecting to be Bruced on the Lincoln Drive tag. Guess I caught the Pa. fellows sleeping.

Such a shame. :cry :cry :cry

Now, I'm off to drop the Pa. Tag. Should be about two hours there and two hours back.
  16. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    i was thinking that also doc but our game has gotten so big that we cant compete with the NJ guys. i am hoping that everyone contributes to both games. i think that there are enough riders and tags in nj that both games can be supported. the "no-retag" rule will help keep everyone thinking. the north FF's that play the south game will have to find a tag in the south before returning home. remember, the Garden State TOR is still a state wide game and i am still looking to steal it back, although i know it will end up back north in a day or so..:dunno who knows, maybe the south guys are all talk and the other thread will not generate enough interest and fade away...
  17. Looksgoodinblack

Looksgoodinblack Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's almost like splitting the LI TOR for East and West. Out of the two tags I got there recently It was 2+ hrs of riding and it was great despite the rain!
  18. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Instead of breaking up the game, how about this simple new suggestion...

Two days a week, you have a gentleman's agreement that no one takes a tag that is closer then 60 miles from their home. That would give you Southern folks a better chance on the interesting tags up in these parts.

Not a new rule. Just a Gentleman's agreement for Tuesday and Thursdays, for instance.

I could live with that.

By the way, it is definitely getting harder to keep track of old tags. We are now up to close to 300 right? We have done some very interesting stuff in this game! :clap :clap :clap

And, take a look at the 200-300 page. The tags are nicely distributed ALL OVER THE STATE!
  19. enormiss

enormiss Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Must be nice to be retired... we'll all be there someday but not there just yet!
  20. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    I wish. Just happen to have the afternoon off to study, and I'm a little ahead of schedule. Going in to make rounds in about an hour.

14 year olds and 10 year olds keep you working. But like a firefighter, I work some nights and some weekends, so I get time off during the week sometimes.