2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    Barcia may have screwed up but damn mad respect for staying on the bike and actually riding it off. These guys are animals
  2. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    +1, RV for the title, if he can avoid injury. :deal :1drink
  3. e.t.

e.t. Mayor Of Oblivion

Oddometer:
    Not the time for sucking dicks just yet - but if he does - you'll be given credit for calling it :rofl
  4. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    :poser
  5. shocker4her

shocker4her When I am King

Oddometer:
    If were already picking title winners then you have to think about what Chad Reed always said "you have to be in it to win it" and this year he is doing just that. Remember Tim Ferry won the 125cc title and never won a race the whole year.
  6. Rider_WV

Rider_WV Long timer

Oddometer:

Im guessing KW14 will end up in GNCC and endurocross. Shoot he almost had a GNCC race on his ranch several years ago. Plus I am fairly certain Geico honda has a GNCC team. His smooth style would do well in the woods.
  7. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

Nah, I think he's tired of getting hurt. I say his riding career is done.
  8. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Reed should hire him to manage the 22 team. Frees him up, Kdub has good relations with Honda, good PR skills, good rep. Be an asset.

:dunno
  9. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is Stewart going to continue to race on a torn ACL? Is his ACL really torn? Makes me wonder, if his ACL is truly torn then he is just begging for a career ending injury, or is his career already ended?

What are we going to see from him in Oakland?

10. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

A repeat of last year.
  11. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    People around here crack me up.

RV had 2 tough rounds, one which turned out ok and one which did not, and one win on the season and people are ready to annoint him the new champ before the other 14 rounds are run.

And then there is Stewart. People have been bitching for years that he doesn't finish a championship but this year he has a knee serious knee injury and commits to finish the series anyway, and you guys continue to hack on him for that.

I want to see Stewart get healthier and faster as the year goes on, just to make some of you look as ridiculous as you sound.
  12. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
  13. GotMojo?

GotMojo? Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't think any of us want Stewart out for the season, atleast I don't.... but its looking like a repeat of the last few years.... he's already injured, and if it is his ACL, I don't think those get better without surgery (could be wrong on that). He wasn't very effective last weekend, and it seems like he loses interest if he's not running at the front, so I just wonder how many more races before he calls it quits for the year. I hope it doesn't happen because I still want to see him and RV battle it out for fastest rider... we've all been waiting to see that battle, but it has just never transpired.
  14. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:
    Do you remember who won Oakland last year?
  15. Hetzel88

Hetzel88 cycles is a mean toy

Oddometer:
    So do I. Stewart is an animal when healthy. Barcia at this point is a question mark. I like Canard a lot. Reed may be too old. Milsaps is doubtful for me. RV still looks to be the best of the lot. What your prediction or do you just wait until the end to say I told you so?
  16. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Exactly, not running Stewart down, just that I heard they thought his ACL was torn a week or so ago, those do not get better without surgery, if he puts that leg down a little too hard somewhere he's going to be though for a long time. If he gets it fixed quick he may be back for the outdoors.

Other wise he rides hurt protecting his knee and circulates in the bottom 15, I don't think anyone wants to watch that.

Check his website, nothing about an injury anymore, just that he had bad racing luck in Phoenix.:huh

17. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    Just my w.a.g. but I think JS is just going to race enough to fulfill his contract, then drop out. :dunno :freaky
  18. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    Its painful to see Bubbas long painful slide. I think most people liked him until he became a wanabe reality TV star. He rode over his head to win and paid for it with injuries. Time to move on.
  19. e.t.

e.t. Mayor Of Oblivion

Oddometer:
    The great ones contend for a title. The good ones contend for second and third
  20. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll be flabbergasted if Stewart ever competes in an outdoor event again.

- Mark