Calling Pacific NW Hack Pilots - Join the "Volcano Run" Sep 28 &29, 2012?

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by mikepa, Sep 18, 2012.

1. mikepa

mikepa SideCzarist

Oddometer:
    Poulsbo, WA in the Great Pacific NorthWET (USA)
    [​IMG]

OK, apologies for the bait and switch. Just a gratuitous photo of "my daily commute" to get the attention of Washington State, USA hack pilots. And, I know this should be posted in the regional forum, but hey, how many of us spend much time in those anyway?

An annual event I participate in is The Volcano Run, held in the Gifford-Pinchot National Forest , a weekend camp-out, forest road/trail ride, and general hanging-out with like minded fools. Off-pavement rides, Scotch and cigars are greatly encouraged too. Kilts are optional.

Won't publish the location here, but if you're interested, email or PM me, as I'm going, and there are usually a couple of other hacks that show up. There are paved roads all the way into the campground.

FYI, the sub-title is the "Fungal in the Jungle". One of our local GS riders is also a seasoned mushroom hunter, and if conditions are right, all are re-warded with a bigass pot of mushroom stew (sorry, normal, not mind-altering).

Hope to meet and greet and see some local hacks!
  2. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    Was down in the GF this past weekend and camped at Twin Falls. Absolutely perfect weather, miles and miles of great roads, over one million acres to explore, and the place was like a ghost town! Where are all the people? Back in the city I suppose texting each other and checking in with 4-Square. What an amazing deserted playground.

Speaking of mushrooms--I ran into three mushroom hunters with about 50 lbs of chanterelles in the back of their truck after a long day of picking. I think these sell for about $50/lb so that was quite a haul. Of course, there are only a few days a year when you can harvest that kind of haul.

I have guests with me that weekend (round-the-world hackistas from GB) but this might be just the sort of outing they'd be psyched up for.

PM incoming.

Twin Falls Campground near the intersection of the 23 and the 90--

[​IMG]
  3. dholaday

dholaday Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    PM Sent
  4. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    Is this the place one learns the secret handshake of the sidecar cult ???????? I wish I lived in the PNW !
  5. SmellyGoatBoy

SmellyGoatBoy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pm sent
  6. patta

patta Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We GB hackistas would be well up for a weekend in the woods - sounds great!
  7. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    I plan on going, it will be the first time out with my current rig an R1100GS M72D.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    866-638-1793
  8. anselmo

anselmo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pm sent.