World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    A 157 global rating????

This explains much about the run we got on last night......well, that and we got lucky a few times.....:lol3
  2. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    on team speak
    just need to find a mic...

but maybe you don't want me yelling out german commands during the battles
  3. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    As long as you don't mind my Polish:lol3
  4. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Speaking of that....there is a box where you can have the tankers in the game speak in the language of the tank...french tanks have a crew that speaks french...bla bla bla.

I tried to get that to work and it would not.....anyone try it?
  5. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I thin I saw something on the WoT forum about that not being fully implemented yet.
  6. SteelJM1

SteelJM1 Former Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer:
    Last night was some great fun... as Smurf can attest to, I need to learn patience.

So! Anyone having problems wits the TS overlay... just like vent, run it (and WoT) in admin mode and all is well.
  7. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    I dunno about GR, just seems like a persistence rating. W/L seems to be a much better indicator of tankin skills. 52% win rate is right around the 90th percentile in WoT. That suggests that you (52%), me (53%), and Steel (53%) were unknowingly stacking the deck when we platooned together.
  8. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    Three of us demonstrating the best defense:

[​IMG]

I wish I knew what happened on the other side of the map here:

[​IMG]

Smurf and I demonstrating OP arty in attack mode:

[​IMG]

And Skid + me messing around in Redshire. We went opposite directions and rolled up both flanks.

[​IMG]
  9. Ebein

Ebein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd wreck your average at 46% ;)

10. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 Pokey

Oddometer:
    HA! Cannot believe I stumbled across this thread looking for a comparo between a KLR and a DR. :rofl

I've been playing WoT since the Beta, and I am LOVING the ADV 'stickers' on the tanks. BRILLIANT! I'd be all over joining the clan, but I'm already in one (FTRP....which despite opinions over v7.4 doesn't mean "F*** The Russian Programmers").

I thought I saw someone mention not being able to launch the game? I had the same problem, and it seems to be something peculiar to Windows 7 and Vista. I can't look here at work, but check out the WoT forums. There were a couple of threads in the bug-reporting area. One of them had a link to instructions that I followed to get my game up and running....updated some registry or something. But if I could do it, anyone can.

Some brief thoughts after reading this whole thread......

I've TK'd two people. One was a guy blocking my Ferdinand from moving, deliberately. The other was a 13 75 who went and hid behind a rock since "everyone on the other team can 1-shot me!". Neither turned me blue. I beleive you have to kill multiple people in a set space of time to turn blue.

The Marder II is awesome. I keep holding my breath for a Hornisse or Nashorn (Hummel chassis with a loooooooong 88).

I loathe the KV-4. I hope the IS-4 is worth it.

Clan wars is gonna require Tier 10s and 9s and gold ammo. Period. Our clan has been playing company battles and trying to get a core of guys with TeamSpeak to attempt a landing. Frankly, from what I heard, I am not sure I have the time to devote to that......it sounds very time intensive.

Anywho, I'll keep an eye out for you all online. I'm ClownSix if you want to add me to a friend list. Oh, and I still am interested in hearing about the pros/cons of the KLR/DR thing. LOL I had an '06 KLR awhile back. Curious as to how the DR would do filling the role of "2-wheeled Jeep". :D
  11. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Yup, that was me. I'll look when I get home. I can't go to theh forums withthe new "improved" filter.
  12. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    my fps dropped to a new low today
    suddenly dropped to 3-4 fps

(compared to a usual 10-12)

re-installing
  13. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    There's additional environmental ambience, like birds and stream noises, that I think are slowing it down a little bit for us "average computer" guys.

I go from rocking performance (50 fps) to terible (2-3 fps) when my Symantec decides to get busy, and I can't find a way to turn it off hard yet. That's my issue, not WOT's.

Yeah, reading up on what it takes to participate in the Clan Wars maps, I have little to no interest in trying to make that work. It would be fun if we were properly equipped, but since we're not, I'd rather we just schedule some time when we can fill up an ADV company and go roll around in the mud together. That's the fun of it, I think, and I think from what I've read, that's about how everyone else feels about it too.

Still waiting to hear about the sticker issue.
  14. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    Yes, I am. It used to work when I first starting running TS in patch 7.3, but it stopped working well before 7.4 came around. It's tough as I admit getting used to voices to place names isn't my forte.

I should also admit than other than a cursory glance, I haven't really looked to see what could be done about changing it or turning it back on. It may be easy for all I know.

I didn't have to go through the KV-4, lol, but I do have the IS-4. The IS-4 needs its top gun badly, so take that extra XP into account. But the IS-4 may be slowly converting me. I didn't like it at first, but being able to solo an E-100, frontally, means it must be better than I originally thought. I like the gun better than the IS-7's gun, though the IS-7 still has the tactical advantage of being able to put its big gun anywhere on the map much faster than any other tier 10. And quite honestly, that tacking of the tactical advantage, and using surprise, is more my play-style. The IS-8 works for that.

I like the IS-8 as well, but only when I'm not being told by my other clan as to where to put it and how to use it... most players gave up on it solely because they misunderstood it so badly.

Otherwise, just want to say that I'm thinking the SU-85 is pretty darned good. Only 16 games in it, but an 88% win ratio (with a lot of work on my part).

I haven't played it yet, but French arty seems to be becoming the force to reckon with. Smaller damage amounts, but seemingly fast rates of fire and good aiming. The key is that if your heavy gets tracked by one in a game with multiple arties, and don't have a repair kit, expect a shower of arty hits to last about a minute - being tracked the entire time - then death.
  15. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 Pokey

Oddometer:
    Look in the Technical Support & Bug Reporting>General Error Reporting>"Critical Error?" thread.....around page 3 I think. There was a link to a place that outlined what you need to do.
  16. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    I saved up for the AMX 13 F3 AM, tier 5 French arty.
    5 battle in it, 0-4-1, I even had 4 kills in a battle and still lost.
    Speed of 60km/h is very nice (vs 28km/h in French tier 4 premium arty),
    does good amount of damage,
    accuracy isn't as as bad as the tier 4 Premium arty,
    but only have 24 shells.
    MM tends to put it in some tough battles.
  17. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    Some teams refuse to be carried.
    :dllama
  18. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Well, I don't have a problem with stacking the deck like that any day of the week.....:lol3
  19. SteelJM1

SteelJM1 Former Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer:
    It used to be better as well! It's one of my favorite tanks to run.
  20. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you happen to see someone going by Kederk or com2 on Teamspeak, that's Jeremy. He ownes the TS server. Say hi.

I asked him about some of the issues some people are having.
    1. You do have to be running as admin.
    2. The overlay can be flaky. It works for some people, not for others. He has trouble with it on his pc, but not his wifes.

He said he popped on for a bit last night and was very happy to see a bunch of people logged on.