KTM - LC4 Round the World ADVenturization

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by rtwpaul, Feb 21, 2013.

1. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding... Supporter

Oddometer:
    good to have you along, all will be revealed in due course, some good suggestions though for parts that others may not be aware of

2. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    i'm hoping the same for the new larger bags for RTW
  3. SS in Vzla.

SS in Vzla. Totally Normal? I'm not!

Oddometer:
  4. FreeGranite

FreeGranite Nubile dirtrider

Oddometer:
    I really like the Lynx on my bike. Just enough prorection yet slender and light enough for the narrow stuff. Another plys is Ian is fantastic to work with and a fellow inmate. I bought mine second hand and he was more than helpful.

I have dual DDM 35watt HIDs and the lighting is unbelieveable.

Also, not enough goid things can be aaid about HDB guards. Robust is an understatement. The integeated led blinkers look slick and solve the problem of where to mount the blinkers with the lynx on.

Finally, the Ortliebs have performed great, granted I haven't used them as much as would have liked. But they kept my gear dry through a decent rain storm.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Paul;
    Here are some weights for you........

Adventure tank.......6.95kgs or 15.29lbs
    Stock muffler........4.83kgs or 10.6lbs
    KTM SXC muffler....3kgs or 6.61lbs
    Dam muffler.........2.8kgs or 6.1lbs
    Akro muffler.........2.1kgs or 4.65lbs

Hope this helps.
  6. SkizzMan

SkizzMan Me caigo, me levanto

Oddometer:
    Hey Paul,

Picking up a 2009 WRR Sunday. Comes with some of the farkles I want like the racks for Wolfman bags. Will also investigate Giant Loop for extra capacity and for shorter rides. Not sure which Wolfman tank bag fits this tank but I'll get the waterproof bag.

Other than bags all it seems to need is the airbox mod, performance exhaust and fuel controller. And a taller counter drive sprocket for slabbing it there and back. OK, and more lighting. :lol3
    [​IMG]
  7. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    silviu, you still have the ktm 950 as your signature...is it up and running after you high speed get off?
  8. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    now that looks cool...but i'm going a new product route, as soon as i get i will reveal all :wink:
  9. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    exactly what i was originally looking at, but 4.7 gallons would get me exactly where i wanted to be, problem is it would only get me about a quarter of the way back - :rofl
  10. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Gahhhhh! I hope its soon. How well can you keep a secret? hahaha:rofl
  11. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    pretty well cause its being specially made for me, so couldn't post a photo right now even if i was very weak willed...justgo back and play in the snow and i'll call you when its time to take a peek :lol3
  12. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Most of my parts arrived yesterday. Just waiting on an order from Munn Racing and all the parts will be in my possession! :evil. BWAHAHAHA!!!

Or something like that. :shog
  13. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    i love it when my UPS girl shows up as well...who cares if she's got my parts...it is Vegas after all

[​IMG]
  14. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V5t4HvPmHpI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  15. SS in Vzla.

Oddometer:
    Still have the bike... That thing crashes well :lol3

I haven't gotten to it, still waiting on the insurance (things are a lot slower here than you might be used to when insurance claims are involved) but she'll be getting a total face lift (paint change included) as most of the damage is cosmetic, the mechanics of the bike are still perfect.... Actually, if I was on a RTW I could have bought a couple of mirrors, re-bent the rear sub-frame, repaired the center-stand (which bent and was touching the chain) and keep riding her.... (Still, there where other pieces bent that will be changed, like the front sub-frame, handle-bars, ripped bracket for the choke lever, broken instrument cluster, I need a new windshield... mainly cosmetic stuff)

I'm glad I'm OK though (100% now), if it came to it, the bike is replaceable .

Here a few pics of the bike after sliding on the pavement at 120 MPH... Totally rideable. (check out the lower part of the crash bar.... I figure if it was not there, the tank would have been punctured, gas would have leaked and with all the sparks flying around all that would be left would be a charred piece of metal)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    DAMN...:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1

that must have looked like fireworks flying down the road with sparks going everywhere, main thing is glad you are OK again
  17. SS in Vzla.

Oddometer:
    Don't really know, I was doing my own flying/sliding at the moment... :lol3

When I stood up, she had already stopped... I lifted her up, collected my stuff from the road, tied the Pelican case that ripped and she fired right up... Even rode her two kms until I got to a small restaurant where a tow truck was parked who the gave me a lift to the hospital in Barinas.

As you said, it has slowed me way down... which probably is a good thing :lol3
  18. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    UPS just delivered...while i was out :cry

27 liter safari tank - 11.4 lbs

don't have any other comparisons
  19. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    We need photos of that tank!
  20. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    i was waiting for that comment so here you are and its friggin huge..........Mount Everest just landed in my living room :rofl:rofl

[​IMG]

i don't have a tape measure handy so what is good for measuring with that is internationally known :deal :lol3

[​IMG]

and its four cans tall :huh

[​IMG]