Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    You're on your own searching for that rom. Although that might be a good project for a NUC or mini ITX box.

We played it on a Sega Genesis.
  2. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    Ouya just got 15 million in venture capital funding, I just hope they can get some serious games out by Christmas time. That'll make it a really interesting battle with that system for 100 bucks or the next gen ones coming in around 300 at the lowest and probably closer to 400-500.
  3. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    I forget, is this the one that uses a service like Steam to download games? If so, and the developers can get stuff out for it in time then you are right, this could get interesting. Well, for Sony and Nintendo anyway. It would seem the XBox with the Live service isn't giving up its market share with this next generation of consoles. Time will tell.
  4. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    Graphics wise IIRC it should be about equal to a 360 so what they need are some ports of older games, along with new indie ones. Not to mention the classics like Final Fantasy and Grand Theft Auto coming out for Android....they could set those up for the Ouya with minimal modifications for the controls.

If they can get a decent library of those with a few awesome new games they're golden.
  5. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    Bought KC Little Big Planet 2 for her birthday, but she wants to finish the first one first. It's by far her favorite game.

I bought TC: Future Soldier for myself. :D
  6. Dismount

Dismount Dagnabit billy

Oddometer:
    Had one of these wayyyyy back when. I never did figure out wtf the card slot was for. :lol3

[​IMG]
  7. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    HuCards!

They were secondary games for the master system but very similar to the primary ones for the TG-16.

http://www.videogameden.com/article.htm?hu

For some pics of the sega ones it's about 2/3 down the page.
  8. Dismount

Dismount Dagnabit billy

Oddometer:
    Back then the only games you could get hold of were at the end of an hour long drive to magic mart. And they would have about 3 games. None of which I could bring myself to ask grandma to actually spend money on. :lol3

I did waste a wholllllleeeeee lot of time with this one though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Fighter
  9. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    I bet:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KGoYsszIVas" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    IIRC, they were lower grade games I used to have a Master System and still have a few games. F-16 Fighter comes to mind. My Hero was another.

http://segaretro.org/Sega_Card

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjPAp8ho8QY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjPAp8ho8QY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  11. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    Holy shit! A game that makes G-Loc look awesome:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5z7v2pEvZiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Little bit of random trivia the Game Gear was basically a portable Sega master system.
  12. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    It was one of the very first games to launch with the Master System. It was also very frustrating. I think I traded it for something... I traded my Master System for a Genesis Master System Adapter plus a game. This was a promotion Sega had. Only problem was that not all games were supported. F-16 Fighter wouldn't work with it.

The Game Gear was sold up until the late 90's. I remember when Toy's R Us were liquidating them for $20. I should have bought them. Instead, I bought a NES Advantage they were also liquidating. I still wouldn't mind getting a Game Gear. I still have all of my old Genesis games.
  13. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    The problem is the screens are all washed out by now, mine will still play but it doesn't look nearly as good as when i played the hell out of it during road trips in the 90's.

I remember getting a 32X with Viruta Fighter and the star wars arcade game for something like 25 bucks altogether from Toys R' Us, I'm waiting for the Wii or maybe even the Wii U to have that fate to pick up some of the better games.
  14. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    By my boy. We went to see world war z last weekend. All he's talked about since was some zombie game. He talked his mom in to letting him download it on to her computer. Of course, her computer can't handle gaming, so he begged me to let him load it on mine since he had already spent the money on it. So now my computer has steam on it, and I spent four hours over the last two days figuring out how to make day z work for him. Now I'm back to using a small monitored, crappy computer while he sits there getting killed constantly and asking me to help him. :confused
    The game does look kinda neat, but I don't have the time or desire to play games in the middle of summer. Hopefully he figures it out by thanksgiving and can talk me through it. :lol3
  15. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    My kids have always had their own computer and it's always been able to keep up with what they want to play. Right now I'm lucky that they only want to play web games or minecraft on the wife's iPad. :evil

Although the 9 year old has been watching me play Torchlight she doesn't want to pay the $7.99 for the Mac version from GOG. :deal
  16. CatoctinDave

CatoctinDave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just wait....

My son is 14 and lives a "computer-centric" lifestyle. In addition to being an avid gamer, he plays keyboards, so his computer is also a MIDI studio.

Two years ago, I bought all the components to let him build a desktop that would be upgradeble. So far he's replaced the CPU, video card, added a hard drive, added RAM and is already looking at another video card!!

We have an xBox, but apparently real gamers use keys. :lol3
  17. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    :puke1

When I came home from the hospital I had a NES controller put in my hand to play Rush'n Attack. Now I bet I sucked :lol3, but I love my controllers.

But otherwise :clap:clap:clap my half brother is a bit younger but I'm hoping to build a gaming PC with him soon.
  18. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Yes, the Sega had active 3D glasses. Can't play them on a flat screen TV. I'm not sure what's going on with his double vision though. That's not supposed to happen. I had a friend with all those games and remember them well. It sure beat the Nintendo 3D with the paper blue and red glasses.

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/MI-kxTg-NNo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/MI-kxTg-NNo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  19. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Steam's Summer Sale is going on now!

I got Borderlands 2 and the 4 Season Pass for $20 as well as Don't Starve for $9
  20. xshanex

xshanex Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Just got borderlands 2 on xbox live for $9.99. Amazing game and having a ton of fun with my buddies playing through it