Deer versus RoadKing

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by alii1959, Nov 10, 2012.

1. alii1959

alii1959 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Doing a bit of a test ride after working on my throttle linkage to see if it was working properly. I was less than 2 miles from home. Slowing to join a group setting up to turn right. A deer shot across the road. Saw it peripherally. I slowed further. It slammed into left side front fender. Didn't go down. Didn't really wobble much. Deer spun in the road. I puckered up and rode it home.

Damage: dented fender, broken trim. Nothing else that I saw. Look again in the morning.

Well, nothing except the horrible brown stain on the puckered up seat....maybe that part wasn't the deer.

Score: RoadKing 1, Deer 0, Seat -1

Thank God for Harley-Davidson. Had that been one of my earlier sportbikes....well, you could guess. The big girl took it with ease. Amazing. Didn't even twist the forks. Could have been worse. Trying to stop shaking.....
  2. wayne13

wayne13 Lets Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Glad you are OK. Now make a run to Wal-Mart for some new Fruit of the Looms.
  3. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Geeze, time to go hunting! I'm assuming the deer is still alive? Where at in GA did this happen?
  4. alii1959

alii1959 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I did go back today to see if bambi was around....nope. Either he got up and moved along or some redneck is having dinner.

Evans, Ga.
  5. velocity

velocity Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you happen to have loud pipes?
  6. YOUNZ

YOUNZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Better brakes, more maneuverable, nimble, as in Honda = no incident!
    Just kidding, just kidding.:D
    Glad you and the Hog are OK.
  7. alii1959

alii1959 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope quiet pipes. I b war'n one dem gnew fangled helmets what wrap 'round ya hole hade too!!
  8. fastdirt505

fastdirt505 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've had two deer freak out and run in front of me lately...hell one of them made it across the road and then did a u turn and ran back across. Luckily both during the day. I bought those little deer whistles and mounted them to the bike. I hope they work, because the deer are everywhere in Georgia. I'm sure they are bad everywhere.
  9. BeMeUp

BeMeUp neverlost

Oddometer:
    Read an article about extensive testing of the Deer whistles that basicaly said they no worky. :dealI'll try to find the article and post a link so I'm not just "talking out my neck".:huh

Glad the OP's Hog was up to the task of deer defense.