Dual Sport Riding Techniques- The DVD!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by neduro, Jul 9, 2007.

1. DakarNick

DakarNick Swabee

Oddometer:
    Natalie, awesome! I have only watched it once but will probably watch it again tonight.

I like the instruction on all the different sessions. Not too short, not too long. To the point but not overdone.

I let go of the bars today on the grooved concrete on my 950, it shook like crazy, reminded me of Ned doing the quick handle-bar turning technique that we can not do at home!

:D
  2. Swegen

Swegen BMW student

Oddometer:
  3. Zen Slug

Zen Slug Spineless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    haven't seen the dvd yet, but took neduro's riding clinic last year and it was great!

i've read good things about the dvd here on advrider:

MORE INFO
  4. SCPancho

SCPancho Old farts riding club.

Oddometer:
    It's pretty basic, but for that it's excellent.

Basic is what I need!

Well worth the $.
  5. portero72

portero72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought it, and for a newbie like misself, it is perfect. Clear, concise info well explained. Very educational. Too bad I'm gonna miss his clinic in TX-boo. cheers
  6. talltony

talltony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    It's the next best thing to having in person instruction... well worth it :thumb

Moving this and merging it with Neduro's thread in Vendors since this forum is for Ride Reports. :thumb
  8. Wings

Wings long gone

Oddometer:
    :huh the grooved concrete on Parker?? is probably not the best place to play and practice drills! You gonna get in twouble mistah!

Glad you liked the DVD-I can't believe there's no dirt lots to practice on. What about some of the parking lots down just south of Cherry Creek? Or head east on Main Street in Parker until you get to some of the horsie areas...surely there are some arenas you can "ride" in for a bit :evil

Heck, if you wanna come down to the Springs, I'll show you some places :D
  9. Redbull Addict

Redbull Addict I need another one...

Oddometer:
    Got mine last week.

Clear explanations and a good production. I've been practicing, but only on tarmac as there's no empty dirt lots near me.

Will the new footage provide additional direction on the current drills or will you demonstrate some new drills? It would be great to add some variety with some new drills that teach the same basic skills and then branch out into some more advanced drills and skills.
  10. twowheelnut

twowheelnut Back from the shadows.

Oddometer:
    Got it, luv it, wife said, "great, now you'll never be home!" Thank you! :rofl
  11. Lav1200

Lav1200 Pig Pen

Oddometer:
    Great video - took it with me (along with my kid's DVD player) on a weekend dual-sport ride and watched it with my riding buddies. Everyone agreed it was an excellent video - expect to get a few more orders from the DS riders in Alberta.

Quick question for Ned... what type of tire irons are those used in the tire changing segment?

Thanks,
    Andy
  12. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad to see more positive comments! They mean a lot to both Springoly and I...

We're going to release a new (free) video short soon, it will go first to our newsletter subscribers. You can sign up (for free, of course) at dualsportriding.com at the bottom of any page.

For this first short, it won't be instructional. We shot all day yesterday, and were having too much fun riding to focus on any techniques- instead, we interviewed a Dakar finisher and went on a great ride. No editing has taken place yet, so we are a little way out from releasing this, but it should be a ton of fun when it comes together.

Ultimately, I'd like to make a "201" (and maybe 301 and 401) level DVD, but that is not yet in process. We need to recover from our current adventure first!

IIRC, they are Motion Pros. They make some great levers- a short one with a nice spoon, and longer ones with different shapes on each end- both have their uses, and are the nicest stuff I've seen.
  13. JustAL

JustAL Let's go!

Oddometer:
    It's concise and to the point. Just what you need to go out and practice. The tyre changing section sheds some confident light on the matter too.

:clap

Love it folks.
  14. knary

knary Long timer

Oddometer:
    bump for a quality product
  15. buzzardair

buzzardair terraqueous Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got mine a couple of weeks ago and finally got to view most of it today. It is a great tool to improve your skills, I am really glad I ordered it.

Now I need to find a clinic date that will work. :wink:
  16. Vinnie the Snake

Vinnie the Snake Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have not seen the video, but I did get to spend the day with Neduro in his clinic. Great day, great guys, and learned a hell of alot in a short time.:clap :clap

I would suggest after you get the dvd, get a reservation and utilize the opportunity to get some one on one.

Thanks guys, Vance

2007 - Vintage TAT Ride - OK, NM, CO - Page 9 - ADVrider
  17. SpringOly

SpringOly Old Swede

Oddometer:
    A quick update...

I'm editing the fast & fun video short for our newsletter subscribers and wanted to show you a still frame that I liked.

:D

SpringOly

Dual Sport Riding - The DVD!
  18. slingshot

slingshot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just bought it and loved it, great for fine tuning my limited skills, loaned it to my neighbor and hope to get it back soon to review, any chance of a sequal with mor training?
  19. Achange

Achange New and Improved

Oddometer:
    I had the opportunity to go to Ned's clinic in Texas earlier this month and it was a great investment. I had purchased and watched the DVD earlier and it marries up with the clinic perfectly! I had a couple of friends join me for the clinic who had a great experience as well. They asked if they could borrow my DVD and I told them to buy their own :gerg and support the great contributions Ned is making to our community and sport. They thought that really sucked but I really want Ned to succeed in his chosen profession and it will be harder for him to do that if everyone borrowed his IP (intellectual property) instead of paying a fair price for it.

Just saying........support DSR!
  20. Wings

Wings long gone

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap