Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. jonny2g

jonny2g Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is the XR 200 I built about 2yrs ago. Looks cool, but is like riding a turd.[​IMG][/IMG]

S**t cant figure how to attach pics.[/QUOTE]

Why cant I post pics from my photobucket acc?
  2. jonny2g

jonny2g Adventurer

Oddometer:

Why cant I post pics from my photobucket acc?[/QUOTE]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Welcome, I'm in T-County, spend a lotta time in Holmes.
  4. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

cool looking bike...it looks VERY light...would be excellent for trail riding

I know someone who has (had?) a Sherpa 250 for sale. I've ridden the bike and while its no WR250R, its a very capable bike that would be a good beginner trail bike, but is also street legal and able to do 70 mph (indicated...prolly more like 65).
  5. jonny2g

jonny2g Adventurer

Oddometer:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]
    Here is what I ended up with. 85 yz125 front end, XR 200 motor,tank and frame, 95 yz 125 rear end and misc parts from other bikes.
  6. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Get used to it. When I sold my first 2008 WR, it was on it's 3rd set of fork seals in 12,000 miles. The first one blew at 2,000 miles in about 3 weeks and Yamaha wouldn't warranty it.

This current WR, I bought with 15,000 miles on it and now, with 18,000 it has a blown left seal.

The 2008 had a problem with the fork seals, Yamaha refuses to admit it, but they changed the front suspension ever so slightly in 2009.

Still, every bike has it's known problems (think KLR doohickey), and for reaping the rewards of such awesomeness I will accept a bit of fork spooge now and again.

Johhny -

Once you upload, cut and paste the image code from photobucket. It will be a http address but it will have on each end of it. Then, just post that directly into a new reply here, the image will open when the post is viewed.

It appears that you are copying the image code but then also using the "insert image" tab on this site, which will add an extra set of [img] codes to the http address, rendering it unusable.

Does that make sense, because I wrote it, and I have no fucking idea what it means.
  7. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Whichever you want. Well, Sion will be late in the afternoon so if you wanna come early just call to let me know. We can play with video in the yard till he gets here.
  8. Fleece Johnson

Fleece Johnson Husky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another bike! Is this for you or Mrs. Dox??
  9. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

is it a problem with the seals? or the forks? what was the change they made in 09?
  10. vivid dadas

vivid dadas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just back from a week in Nicaragua, saw thousands of motorcycles, most all Chinese 125cc. I saw 2 big GS Adventure bikes going north towards Managua the first day I was in country, (3/29.) I saw this Tiger in San Juan del Sur, it had BC plates. No ADV sticker.
    [​IMG]

I saw another GS in San Juan on Monday, it looked brand new new, I think it had CR plates.
  11. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    cool site

http://www.motorcycleinsurance.com

watch this video...holy shit this kid is good:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/70YtvmwCGzI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  12. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    Welcome back David. Kanavel's son's band is playing @ the barn tomorrow from 5:30-9:30 if you're up for it. Going early
  13. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I wanted to see a barrel roll in the tunnel. :D
  14. vivid dadas

vivid dadas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll be there, you can guess who I was with down south. You know you've been somewhere when you've been somewhere with Mark.
  15. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    Mrs. dox won't be giving up her Versys any time soon, it's for me.
  16. z@ch

z@ch Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer:
    Re: WR fork seals:

Mine failed on my '08 at around 6k. I replaced them with MSR seals and those promptly failed. I then replaced them with Yamaha seals and haven't had another problem in 5k miles.

The fork covers rub on the forks on the '08s and I replaced mine with X model covers at the same time as the second set of seals.

Mike, I've done this job twice and am pretty comfortable with the procedure should you want to attempt it. Only downside is I no longer have access to some of the special tools needed.
  17. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    yeah, me too :lol3

was at Ask here in Lancaster today...saw this:

[​IMG]

Something to be aware of for you guys on the Saturday ride...I'll be working, then in a cage for 4 hours that day, so pity me and have some extra fun for me.
  18. rxcrider

rxcrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    for those with fork seal issues, or those looking to avoid them:

neoprene seal savers are the way to go. The southern Ohio muck flinging off the front tire gets past the dust caps, trashes the seals and can scratch the stancion tubes. This is especially true on USD forks. My 400RXC was horrible for this. I was changing seals once a season at least. The neoprene seal savers keep the grit from getting to the dust caps and provides a padded cover for the stancion tubes. You have to peel them back and rinse them out periodically, but they work awesome and cleaning them is much easier than dealing with fork seal issues.
  19. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Last I heard it's only me, bently and BigOhio. Also appears to be no reason to meet at IP. I am going to have to go on standby for Saturday depending on what I hear back from Wally's about doing some maintenance on the KTM for me, because I'm a sucky mechanic. :D Anyone else wanna come out to flatsville (my place) tomorrow PM me. I'll be awake around noon or so. :lol3
  20. Fleece Johnson

Fleece Johnson Husky Adventurer

Oddometer:

You can never have just one! But I didn't know EJV had another bike for sale...?? :lol3