should Yamaha make a Zuma 500?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Dirt Hooker, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Dirt Hooker

Dirt Hooker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i think it would be pretty sweet if they made a Zuma based on the T-Max platform. the Zuma 125 is a pretty sharp machine IMO, so why not a 500? give it chunky tires, little more ground clearance, headlights/tailights like the 125, overall a more rugged off road look than the current T-Max (which i really want!), even if it's more show than go. don't add a lot of bells and whistles that will jack up the price even more

it would be a kickass "light sport utility" of scooters:super
  2. rtking

rtking Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Add a long travel suspension (at least in the front) and whatever you can get out of the back, and you might be onto something there! An offroad scooter could be a bunch of fun for offroad riding!
  3. NEVERLOST

NEVERLOST Banned

Oddometer:
    No.
  4. Dirt Hooker

Oddometer:
    it's probably a long shot, but i hope they make one and call it the Z5 :eek1 i understand you can never have true off-road intentions with a 500 lb scooter:lol3 , but i think people would buy it for the macho factor. it would lend itself better for luggage options- fit a Giant Loop saddlebag and your good to go. it would make a perfect medium distance, camping, touring bike

let's see who can photochop one and make a hybrid T Max/Zuma 125
  5. rivercreep

rivercreep Banned

Oddometer:
    Ditto!

I'm relatively new to this scooter world (bought a Zuma 125 for the G-Friend that I also like to ride) but F.W.I.W. a 250 would give you adequate highway ability (cruising between 60 an 70 without losing power on the inclines); anything over a 250 and you might as well just buy a small motorcycle.
    The way I see it, anything over a 250 and you start getting away from the + attributes of scootering, ie. lightweight, easy steering/flicking around and cheap insurance costs to name a few.
    Hell, I'd trade my DR650 in on one if they made a 175 with good suspension and slightly more clearance. Still wouldn't go offroading though.
  6. rhys

rhys Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ditto the ditto!

I don't want a "Maxi", but I won't settle for anything that isn't capable of getting on the freeway for a quick jaunt to an off-ramp across town. A Zuma fully capable of supporting my 240 pounds and a top box, with a GOOD suspension and fully capable brakes. Put the current Zuma on 'roids, beef up the platform, and little taller wheels/tires.... I'll buy one. And 250cc sounds about perfect.
  7. Dirt Hooker

Oddometer:
    i have to agree- a 250 would make a great compromise between adequate power/manueverability/price- maybe they could pluck that gem of a 250 out of the wr250's??? one thing is for sure- it would cost a whole lot more more than 4K- probably more around 5k- which i don't think is unreasonable

for two up, a load of gear and touring, i think a 500 has a place as well- they should make a full Zuma range 50,125,250,500- all share the same ParisDakar styling, twin headlamps w/mesh covers, twin barrell tailights, damage resistant body panels, lightweight skid plate, beefed up suspension with additional travel etc....

let's see a photoshop if someone would be so nice as to make one:deal
  8. tastroman

tastroman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Make it a 250 with an available after market windshield and I'm in.
  9. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Me too. 250cc with 6" suspension will do me just fine.
  10. JEDI 2.0

JEDI 2.0 Not From Star Wars

Oddometer:
    COnsidering the price of a Zuma 125, I don't even WANT TO KNOW what a Zuma 500 would cost. . .. :huh