Mountain cabin for rent right next to some of the best roads in the Appalachians

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Grad, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Grad

Grad Wannabe

Oddometer:
    website is here:

http://www.choestoehideaway.com

If anyone wants to explore some of the best roads in the Appalachians, my wife and I have a cabin for rent up in the mountains of North Georgia. Literally just a few miles from Blood Mountain, Richard Russell Parkway, Wolfpen Gap, and about an hour to Deal's Gap and the Cherohala Skyway. Here is a map of the location, just to give you an idea of how close everything is:
    [​IMG]

The cabin has absolutely stunning views of the surrounding mountains and is very close to many forest service roads. I am an avid motorcyclist and have left things that many of you will appreciate, including a map of many of the forest service roads in the area, a bike cover in case of inclement weather, as well as a bucket, soap, and rags in case you need to clean things up. Covered parking for your bike as well.

For ADVers only, we can offer the cabin for $70 per night, regardless of weekday or weekend. There is a cleaning fee of $70 as well as sales tax, but if you shop around you won't be able to find anything cheaper that includes a spectacular view (the camera can't do it justice), a tremendous location, and space to sleep several people comfortably.

Here are a few images from our property:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is about 8 minutes from our driveway. I like to take my morning coffee with me and sit and watch the sunrise.
    [​IMG]
  2. evilbollweevil

evilbollweevil HDkila

Oddometer:
    Hey, very nice, is this a long ways from Dollywood? I'm thinking so but having trouble telling for sure.

Thanks, T.A.
  3. Grad

Grad Wannabe

Oddometer:
    It's just under 70 miles to Dollywood. Definitely a little ways, but not bad if you just want to head up for a day and then get back out of the tourist traffic of Gatlinburg.
  4. mackdaddy

mackdaddy Finding my way Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any advrider.com discounts:evil
  5. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    moving to vendors since it is not a sale ad.
  6. Grad

Grad Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Sorry about posting in the wrong place!!

Definitely discounts for ADVriders, $65 per night no matter if it is a weekday or weekend. You stay several days and we might even throw in a free one. :deal
  7. Motomo

Motomo Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Wow, the pics are beautiful. I will call soon to schedule a few days of R&R.
  8. Grad

Grad Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the interest you all, I have replied to all PMs.
  9. jonny cash

jonny cash LEGEND

Oddometer:
    pm sent
  10. Grad

Grad Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the interest so far! Just updated my first post with more photos and information.
  11. Day13

Day13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in!

Thanks Chris!
  12. MiddleAgedMissile

MiddleAgedMissile Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great looking place! Good luck with your rentals.. I've had nothing but a positive experience with the rental of my cabin to the ADV crowd.
  13. Grad

Grad Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Thanks Missile, I think I will have the same positive experience. Great bunch of people on this board.
  14. Grad

Grad Wannabe

Oddometer:
    It's finally warm up there and the riding is spectacular (spent all last week exploring).
  15. Grad

Grad Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Just a little bump for visibility. May is almost completely booked and one weekend in June is gone. You will be very happy with the view and the location, I guarantee it!
  16. Philip Kuntz

Philip Kuntz Fleasy Rider

Oddometer:
    Kim and I just returned from Grad's cabin. We stayed 6 nights and had a wonderful time. Ate all of our meals on the upper deck (there is a nice table and chairs up there) gazing out at the splendid view! In fact most of our time there was spent on that deck, or on the swing that is located on the lower deck. There is also plenty of firewood there, and kindling to start a fire. We had a nice fire one night. The temps were perfect!

Thank you, Grad, for giving us such a good deal on this place. You are very generous. We were very respectful of your place, and hope others will do the same so you can continue to offer it to other adv riders to enjoy. The books, videos and magazines you left will be much appreciated by the crowd here.

I have been to this area a couple of times before, and the riding is some of the best around. We took the dual sports this time, and had a ball riding in the forest. Also we did some hiking and visited some spectacular waterfalls. Here is a link to the ride report I put together yesterday:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576968

Can't thank you enough!

Jerry & Kim:clap
  17. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    By the looks of your avatar you must have taken some pics while you were there too.......lol.. just kidding glad you had a great time.
  18. Grad

Grad Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Glad everything worked out and you enjoyed yourselves. We have more ADVers coming in on Sunday, and then again in June. Thanks everyone, and I know you all will enjoy the riding. :evil
  19. Day13

Day13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's me and the wife coming in on Sunday. Can't wait! Bringing the DS's as well.
  20. Grad

Grad Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Bump to the top! ADVers seem to be enjoying the place and we are booking up like crazy. Not much left in June, but part of July and all of August are available as of now.