2013 Flying Monkey Adventure Rally July 18-21, 2013

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by GeoMoto, Feb 4, 2013.

1. DirtReeper

DirtReeper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll be in Fredonia working. Still want to do the one on the 27th for us working class stiffs Jesse?
  2. GeoMoto

GeoMoto Head Flying Monkey Supporter

Oddometer:

Yes, definitely.
  3. DirtReeper

Oddometer:
    OK. Preride to Toroweap for any that are interested. Will meeting up at the gas station in Apple Valley work for everyone? On the 27th of April.
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer:
    Hey DirtReaper - In your opinion, what is the earliest time of year you can hit the upper elevations in Bryce, near Panguitch, etc. to ride......June?
  5. DirtReeper

Oddometer:
    Umm I'd say mid May, but there might still be snow on the ground. Check the weather to see what the temps are. I've got my ear to the ground here at work listening for when the roads are opening back up :evil working for the gov can be a good thing
  6. DirtReeper

Oddometer:
    So is anyone down for the 27th?
  7. DirtReeper

Oddometer:
    well if no-one wants to do this then I'm going to just go ahead and rip the heart out of KLaiRe and get it rebuilt. you have two weeks to let me know. but even if my bike is down im failrly sure my Dad would lead it out.
  8. GeoMoto

Oddometer:

I will shoot an email out to the guys that don't check ADV regularly and let them know to let you know if they want to go!
  9. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think I could pull that off. I work that day but I need to take a day off anyways. Sounds fun. Keep me posted if it's a go. I won't put in for a day off until the last minute so I don't burn a day then the ride doesn't happen..
  10. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    Gonna have to try and hit the Rally this year. Wanted to go last year but just couldn't get things lined up and from the looks of it I missed out..
  11. Phogman

Phogman Lurking since 2004

Oddometer:
    Just curious - what do Flying Monkeys have to do with Utah?
  12. StG

StG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you're still up for this ride, I'd be down for another trip to toroweap:D.

Local mesa...old guvment research facility...live animal testing...flying monkeys!!!
  13. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
  14. DirtReeper

Oddometer:
    There is also a pretty hardcore mountain bike trail called the Flying Mokey that takes off from Hurricane mesa where they did the "Flying Monkies" :evil:rofl

As to the ride on the 27th, I am still up for it. Don't think all the parts will be here for my engine rebuild yet sooooooo I'lll just have to take extra oil instead of frosty cold beverages :D
  15. GeoMoto

Oddometer:

Thanks for posting this. A few years back I was fortunate enough to get a tour of the test facility. It has some really cool history!
  16. desertracer22

desertracer22 n00b

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good time. (2) XXL Please.
  17. DirtReeper

Oddometer:
    Ok, So far for the 27th I've got Myself, My Dad, My Mom(maybe), StG, lacofdfireman?, Maybe a couple guys from work, Did I miss anyone?
  18. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    What time will this ride be leaving St. George and what time do you estimate we will be back. I got plans at 5pm Saturday night I need to be back for. Never been to Torroweep so no idea what kind of time we are looking at. Thanks
  19. DirtReeper

Oddometer:
    Well looks like my Dad and Mom are out. So looking like it would just be the three of us. How fast to you want to go? I've done the road out there for most of it @ around 70, but I was solo, and there was NO ONE out there :D um I'm guess with the three of us we could make it out and back in about 4 hours. Was going to try and have the meet up be at the gas station in Apple Valley.
  20. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Hello Everyone,

Please be sure to let Zion Ponderosa know that you we bi with the "Flying Monkees" when you make your reservation. We have a secluded and site with lots of trees for all dry camping. There is an area that will accommodate a few RV's in the dry camp area as well. If you need hookups for the RV or a cabin, please make your reservation as soon as possible to ensure that they have a spot available. Dry campers can make reservations anytime leading up to the event since there is approximately 4000 acres to set up at.

Thanks
    Jesse