Yamaha XT1200Z SuperTénéré owners: Show Us Your Bikes!

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by AndreiZ, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor Crazy Bearded F***er

Oddometer:
    Dang it Pluric, I thought I got all of those pictures from spring break off the net. :huh:1drink
  2. William42

William42 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Damn, from what I can tell from that pic you have really lost some weight. :evil
  3. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You really think so? Aw shucks, thanks.:shog
  4. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Whow!
    Pluric, are you carrying all your beauty things in case you find your lady’s? :huh

Then you complain about bending the wheels...

Nice pic! :clap
  6. Choicecut

Choicecut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am really considering a Tenere over a new WC 1200GS. I am still a year away from purchasing a new bike but the Tenere keeps looking better and better to me all the time. Especially the price point.

I know a lot of you probably disagree with me on this, but I hate that the Tenere lacks a high front fender/beak. I have seen a couple stubby beak options from companies in Europe that look horrible and a regular dirt bike fender just doesn't fit the overall beef of the bike. I came across an image that is tagged with Wasp Works watermark, but I can't find any more information on the fender. Does anyone have any information about this fender or maybe can tell by looking what it is? Here is a pic:

[​IMG]

The fender thing is the only dislike I have about the bike other then the stuffy legroom, but that can be fixed with a tall custom seat. Be great if someone could point me in the right direction of that fender as I really think it completes the bike.
  7. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Your answer is in the bottom left hand corner of the photo. Wasp, Greg, is an inmate and does some neat stuff for
    the Tenere. This link is just to his sticker site. A few searches and you can find whatever else
    he has available. Great guy BTW. Check out the Venders area too.
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708540&highlight=wasp
  8. Choicecut

Oddometer:

The sticker thing explains his website. I searched and searched and couldn't find any fenders he was selling. Guessing it was just a one off deal. Might have to email him and get some details cause it looks killer IMO.
  9. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You may have to scroll a little through here. Greg tries out several front fender options.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809&highlight=fender
  10. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Only the bare essentials.:wink:

[​IMG]
  11. Gryphon12

Gryphon12 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Read Greg's thread. He said specifically that after trying may options, he liked the DR650 front fender the best. I believe that is where he left the issue - so it should be a DR650 front fender.
  12. Choicecut

Oddometer:
    Yep, went through his thread. You are correct, he left it with the Suzuki fender. Just doesn't fit the bike as well as the one in the picture up above IMO. Really lookingc closely at the photo above, it may be a photoshop mockup.
  13. Gryphon12

Gryphon12 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks aside (and I do appreciate the asethetics), Greg's comments about the DR650 fender were really positive. Apparently, it works really well for his application touring in Australia.
  14. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    You must be a giant. At 6 ft I find loads of leg room. Maybe you sat on a low seat optioned one. On the taller setting, no problemo. You also have lots of room to move back and forth on the seat. At least 6 inches.
  15. Rockcat

Rockcat LDA

Oddometer:
    Matchless! Very nice.
  16. Choicecut

Oddometer:
    Yeah, it may have been the low setting. I'm heading to the Yamaha dealer tomorrow to really give it a good look, last time I didn't spend much time. I am 6' 3" and most of that is in my legs since I am built like an ogre. I am pretty crunched up on my gs and that's with a 2" higher Sargent seat. The tenere I sat on briefly felt worse.
  17. Thagua

Thagua Let's go adventuring...

Oddometer:
    Will have to modify my recent work on the carrying cart I've made for my S10 ... not good wjth a single wheel on the back when loading a top heavy load as my TW200 ... questions: Any restrictions on the rear axle when pulling a loaded cart? When using double rear wheels independently located on each side with its own shock absorbers will it affect turning?
    Here are some photos of my rig before it is modified.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]]
    Cheers,
    Roberto
  18. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    What rear tire is that? Mitas E-07? Thoughts/Reviews (how's it wearing for you???).

Edit: I guess there are three rear tires in those pictures. I'm talking on the S10:
    [​IMG]
  19. crazyjeeper

crazyjeeper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Taken earlier this week on the last ride for the year. :cry

Now it is hibernating until the air temp gets above -30F again in late March.
  20. CANNONMAN

CANNONMAN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I liked the looks of that fender better than the DR650 also. When I asked Greg about it he said it was just a mock-up he tried and did not use. He is also putting together a High Front Fender Bracket and required brake lines and says they should be available shortly.