Concours C14 thread

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Wout67, Dec 1, 2008.

1. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Armchair Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It was a toss up for me when looking at the C14 or the FJR, in 2012.
    Went the C14 route and been nothing but happy with it. For me I think it's a better looking bike, but they both run like a scaled dog all day and are comfortable enough for you to want to get back on the next day and do it again.
    davyjones likes this.
  2. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

Get a bigger stick, or a large piece of pipe. :D
  3. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    The C14's Tetra-lever for the drive shaft did it for me since 2008. Just took me four years and a Z1K to realize this is a better decision for me. I too had considered the FJR and I cannot knock it.

Neither would be a bad decision.
  4. jub jub

jub jub frumiousbandersnatch

Oddometer:
    I guess you can't go wrong with either one. One thing I like about the FJR is cruise control. Other than that, it's a toss of the dice.
  5. thetable

thetable Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you can't buy both, then buy either one, I don't believe you will be disappointed in either. The both have features that the other doesn't. One of the big selling points for me was the 3 year warranty on the Connie. As I see it, you can really go round and round with the decision and never pick one, or you can just pick the one that most appeals to your emotions, and enjoy riding the wheels off it. They are both such great bikes, you can't pick a loser between the two.
  6. cablebandit

cablebandit Web Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pick whatever one fits YOU best. The FJR was a little cramped for my legs. THe C14 was better in that regard. Both felt cramped compared to my Weestrom.
  7. FireIdiot

FireIdiot Lost in translation

Oddometer:
    I was actually in this position last year. None of the dealers would let me take a test ride on a new unit, so I found a used one at a dealer and rode it. I also took my wife and had her sit on both and see which one she would fit better. She had more front to back seat room on the Connie, and I was leaning that way anyway. The one I found was a 2010 with abs, 3,000 miles with a trunk, risers, gel seat, and extended warranty. It took a few months of looking before I made the decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  8. dmasters458

dmasters458 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I went C14 for the 2up factor. I figured the heavier bike would be better with the wife on it. I love this bike. My poor airhead hasn't seen much road time since.
  9. cls

cls Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've also had both. For me, it came down to the FJR had better handling and fuel consumption but the C14 had better power, ground clearance, and a little more room (The Connie also had notably more techie doo-dads until 2013. I haven't kept up w/the changes well enough to comment on that latest change.). They're both very good, but (relatively) heavy, bikes.
  10. mikejet

mikejet TigerMike

Oddometer:
    Just installed a Cee Bailey Ultra Tour Domed Windshield on my 2011 Silver Connie.
    Makes all the difference in the world. I`m 6ft tall and the stock shield produced some buffeting and wind noise.
    The Cee Bailey shield eliminates both the Noise and Buffeting 100%.
    It`s thicker than the stock shield also. Very Happy! Under $200.00 and worth it for the quiet ride.
  11. cablebandit

Oddometer:
    I use the same shield for wintertime duty. It's too hot to use once the weather breaks. Look for about a 3MPG hit between the cold temps and pushing the larger shield.
  12. Bryn

Bryn Leicester England

Oddometer:
    I had lots of buffeting with the stock screen on my '09

Changed for a Calsci Large and the bike is transformed :clap

You would think Kawasaki could have got something so obvious right during development :huh
  13. thetable

thetable Long timer

Oddometer:
    I run the same screen in the winter, but for warmer temps, the stock is my preference. I'd prefer an even shorter windscreen, but can't bring myself to cut the stocker.
  14. Bryn

Bryn Leicester England

Oddometer:
    Never gets that warm in England :D
  15. 1 wheel peel

1 wheel peel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Average stock rw tq is 92.
  16. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Questions for the mounting rack.

I'm going to replace the existing rack plate, with one that will accept the SW-MOTECH Quick-Locks so the soon-to-arrive E55 trunk can be mounted direct. I've seen numerous racks for the C14, but I want one that will move the trunk forward. There is one from Projekt D that is moveable fore and aft that is a possibility, but I'd need to ask them where the forward position actually is - forward being the OEM location only?

Anyone know of a rack that will move a trunk about four inches forward?
  17. FireIdiot

FireIdiot Lost in translation

Oddometer:
    www.philsfarkels.com

It's a great replacement for the cheap plastic ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  18. cablebandit

Oddometer:
    You'll need a custom job to go 4 inches forward. I have the Premier Cycle Accessories rack and the E55 clips right on. It adjusts about 2 inches but that's basically backwards.
  19. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. I'll have to await the arrival of the trunk. Then, set it on the rack positioned where I want it, and then assess the aftermarket racks to see what might be close. The Phil's rack may be what I need. It's just that some of the trunks look to be move rearward in an attempt to fit a pad for the passenger. :*sip*
  20. EVLED

EVLED Bike riding nutter!

Oddometer:
    +1 on that! i had the Givi SR410 setup but have changed to Phil's rack and it's the biz!