XB12X Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by danger_dave, Feb 19, 2006.

1. panhead_dan

panhead_dan This aint jo daddy's Grundle.

Oddometer:
    Sfarson,
    you got a headlight out.
  2. Clarry

Clarry n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi fellas,

I'm brand new to the fold.

I picked up my Uly last week and have only just had the chance to get out on it and take a couple of pics.

Keep up the great work, some great looking rides on here.

Attached Files:

3. Bryn1203

Bryn1203 Dances with spaniels

Oddometer:
    I imagine all cliffs are 'subject to coastal erosion' - thats the whole point of having cliffs. Otherwise we'd have beeches or other stuff ......... you get the idea. Thanks for the warning though :evil:D
    Clarry, Nice Uly. Looks like you are in the UK? - worth saying hello to the good peeps at UKBEG if you enjoy the Muell.
    I have orange one too - fancy getting the wheels oranged - £50 a pop for powder coating I am reliably informed.
  4. Clarry

Clarry n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Bryn,

I agree with the coastal erosion, although there used to be a campsite on that corner where I stayed as a kid. :eek1

Yeah I'm in sunny East Yorkshire, the UKBeg forum seems a bit on the quiet side.

I was looking for a black one, but to be honest I'm glad I got the orange one it just seems to suit better.

I'm looking forward to getting some mileage put on it. I was surprised at the fuel consumption, I was riding it pretty hard trying to get to know it and it's limits and still returned 50mpg :D
  5. Petrus

Petrus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    my pride and joy:clap

Attached Files:

6. Viking44

Viking44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Petrus,

Did that heat wrapping make a big difference for you? I.e. Performance or Comfort? :ear
  7. Petrus

Petrus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @Viking44

Performance wise I did not notice any difference, the breather mod and opening up the airfilterhousing a little did a lot more.
    But... it takes a lot of heat of the leg, really noticeable.:nod
  8. Bryn1203

Oddometer:
    Yeah UKBEG aint what she used to be. A couple of good fellas got lost to bike accidents and then the demise of the brand - but those that are there are good folks and real mine of info, if you can deal with cynical humour.
    50 mpg is about right. Must be the most fuel effecient big bike. Orange grows on you - I'd like to get some translucent orange plastics - anyone know a source ?
    cheers :D
    Today

[​IMG]
  9. Bryn1203

Oddometer:
    Exmoor today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    Finally able to get some riding in with the new set-up:

Wolfman Expedition Dry Bags with 4 Bottle Holsters = ~ 1 gal extra fuel.

Palmer Brackets with my well nut mod = don't have to pull the fly screen to remove the shield.

I'm interested to see how this works out. The Wolfies are smaller than the Gobi's I had on, but still seem to hold a lot of stuff. Will be using a medium sized waterproof duffle in addition. Net result in luggage and camping gear changes is about 30# less weight on the rear wheel and it's almost a foot skinnier than with the Gobis.

On with the show:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. PNW ULY

PNW ULY Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Snr - Thanks for the feedback, great write-up on the Wolfies. I agree I like the extra fuel option without the hassle of an auxiliary tank. . . Noticed you went back to the red plastics - - guess you didn't want to go too fast with the high-speed black first time out for the season. . :wink:
  12. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    I only put the red air box cover back on. Still looking for a black or paintable chin. Also looking for some aluminum flat stock to make a skid plate/engine/oil filter guard and shelve the chins altogether. Don't feel like paying Touratech $400 for it.

Had to keep the speed down. Scuffing in a new tire and the grandkids wanted to ride around the neighborhood.
  13. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
    I certainly understand smaller, the gobis were large. How do the those compare on volume?
  14. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Aspiring advrider

Oddometer:
    If you want a kickass bag option, get a Giant Loop Great Basin. My buddy picked one up for his FZ and it was awesome. i'd trade my side bags for one in a heartbeat.
  15. frontiercat

frontiercat Space Staion #5

Oddometer:
    My Uly. My first post and first attempt at posting a picture....

'09 X

Attached Files:

16. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    Dennis - the Gobi's were big, but on the outside for the most part. Usable space inside was around 25L at best. The Wolfies can hold around 21 at best, but seem to be more effiecient for packing, especially with the changes in gear I made - hammock, tarps, quilt, down sleeping bag - that squash down pretty tight.

Simon - I looked long and hard at the Giant Loop Great Basin rig, but it doesn't match up too well with how I pack. I'm really pleased with the bottle holsters on the Wolfies that carry a gallon of fuel.

Frontiercat - welcome and great first post. Hope to see more Uly pix as you get out and about.
  17. Hog Rider

Hog Rider The Professor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Monkey House :D Watch out for flying poo ! :rofl
  18. frontiercat

frontiercat Space Staion #5

Oddometer:

Thanks, have been lurking around for some time...

Quick reflexes needed here, huh?

I have, since that photo, installed some panniers...but don't have a picture of it yet...wait, found one on the cell phone...

Attached Files:

19. Hog Rider

Hog Rider The Professor Supporter

Oddometer:
    You do need to know when to take cover around here.
  20. cybrdyke

cybrdyke In the Dark

Oddometer:
    way back up in the woods among the evergreens
    It's like you're reading my mind....
    I've decided on Happy Trails side racks with Wolfman bags (except I'll get the yellow ones). I plan on carrying 4 bottles as well. I'm gonna try some tool tubes first, and if they dont work out, I'll go with the Wolfie holders. I'm also ditching the chin. It'll just get ruined on the Dalton. Yikes, those touratechs are 'spensive!