2013 Husqvarna 650 Terra

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by grunkster, Sep 11, 2012.

1. SBG

SBG Neville1 to TT boys

Oddometer:
    I was hoping they would have a different seat for the Terra that wasn't scooped out like that.

2. SBG

SBG Neville1 to TT boys

Oddometer:
    I can't understand why they put a firmer suspension on the more street oriented Strada when the off road machine is the one that people might push harder than it's capable of. Everyone who goes offroad usually tries to jump their bike, even over the smallest of jumps just to say they did it.
  3. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man do I ever hate the ass end of that bike. That sport bike looking appendage is just wrong hanging off the back of a supposedly offroad capable bike.

I know, opinions are like.........
  4. dmaxmike

dmaxmike former quadtard.

Oddometer:
    Man no one is ever happy! This thread is just a larger CC repeat of the new Honda 250 thread. Everyone wants a KTM, but they want it for 5g and then never want to do anything but change the oil and they only want to do that every 10,000 miles. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

I think this bike is great and I can&#8217;t wait to see one in person. It has a seat height that I and everyone else under 6ft can handle and is under ten grand. It has USD forks from the factory so the 1% who really rip and tear can upgrade much easier. I see this and the new Honda 250 in my garage in the next year or so and I bet in a lot of other peoples as well. I love my Dakar and this seems like a logical transition from it to a new bike. hell if they would have kept the factory low option on the 250 husky i might have one of them instead of the honda!
  5. rickypanecatyl

rickypanecatyl SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer:
    So any thoughts on the 570 as RTW tourer Lukas? I love everything about that bike except my fear that it'd never make 20K miles. Prove me wrong though! Add an oil cooler, drop the compression a bit (I'd be fine with the power of the 450) how many miles do think you could get out of one if you were trying?
  6. Grreatdog

Oddometer:
    At least I wasn't bitching about the five speed or being grossly overweight. I just said it has a fugly ass. :lol3
  7. GPrairie_Rider

GPrairie_Rider Dirt Junkie

Oddometer:

I noticed that too. I guess ill just wait and see. But @ $6999.00 seems a great price for a Husky. Might have to look at these over an XRL.

Chris
  8. SBG

SBG Neville1 to TT boys

Oddometer:
    XRL will still probably be the better dirtbike. I think this fits more in the DR/KLR zone, except with more HP.
  9. RideAbout

RideAbout Mentally Retired

Oddometer:
    That was my first thought... that "you" need to get busy with a replacement seat, I'll be first in line for a Terra w/SC seat!
    :wink:
  10. SamM

SamM Jeep Overlander

Oddometer:
    Wow, I hope so! I've had my KLR is some tight places but it has a real suspension on it. My thought was to add more horsepower to my KLR after I dropped the weight down to manageable number. I was just getting ready to start that project. Then, the Husky TR650 showed up. Gettting 58 hp out of a KLR engine is next to impossible and I was going to have to step up to another engine (Versys) to get what I wanted. This seems like such a better deal overall, that I just need to go get one. Can't wait for October. I'll probably still build the KLRE650 at some point but I'll take my time with it.

The Husky TR is on my shortlist. I'll be getting it as a Christmas present to myself. Like everyone else, I too think that it's heavy, but I feel that can be dealt with easy enough. If this bike is truely meant to compete for KLR and DR sales, then the aftermarket will set up and offer some cool stuff for it. The bike needs to sell, to get that ball rolling.
  11. FinnDuro

FinnDuro Winter wonderlanding

Oddometer:
    I believe the "10% power increase" when I see it. Husky also claimed "20% more power" with TE630 over TE610, but imo, it never materialized, not even close.

Marketing dept. % numbers won't move the bike, actual measured horsepower (hp) and torque (Nm) will.

I hope they can prove the 58hp true, but won't hold my breath...
  12. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    One of the outback owners over here has fitted a 600+ cc kit to his 570 which gives it identical compression to the 390, allowing it to handle the bit crappier fuel sometimes picked up out there. Last if read, he was very happy with it.

Barton has down over 30,000 (miles I presume) on his 570 with valve adjustments only. Lukas can give more info on this.

I am sweating on the spec of the forks and shock on the Husky 650, really hoping it is a lot better than the XChallenge was.
  13. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    Very positive first UK review from MCN; they say the build quality and finish is excellent, and the bike is a lot of fun. They also quote the 58bhp figure, as well as 59ftlb of torque (regular G650 is about 44ftlb?).

They say modded FI, lighter forged piston, bigger valves, modded cams and increased compression ratio.

Say it rides like a twin on open roads, not lumpy at all. Fuel economy is quoted at 63mpg (imperial) at a steady 74mph, so 190 miles even when riding quickly.

They like the Brembo brakes (ABS can be turned off) and the flickable nature of the chassis.

Front forks are USD Sachs (non-adjustable), rear is Sachs adjustable for preload and damping.

Factory accessories are: screen, h/guards, panniers/box, h/grips, crash bars, and alarm. No mention of bash plate, but it would seem natural to add one.
  14. AltRoute

AltRoute AltRoute

Oddometer:
    They better come up with something to protects its belly - did you see whats under there - fresh air :huh

[​IMG]

http://www.cycleworld.com/olgallery/77456/77463
  15. Grreatdog

Oddometer:
    It is a BMW. You are supposed to accesorize the bike with stuff like skid plates, hand guards, etc. BMW riders live for that. So you Husky riders need to get with the program and look for a new page in the Twisted Throttle catalog. :lol3
  16. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Yah,BMW has kind of dis-appeared Husqvarna from what I see,they put that weird alice 450 engine into a Husqvarna labeled package,I think they jumped the shark on that one,way too heavy,oddball clutch on crank and some other neato things that just arent needed on a dirt bike. Dirtbike guys know better and will avoid it like the plague.

This 650 Terra could be good,if it weighs 400+ lbs and costs 9000.00 then its in twin territory pretty much,it looks neat but its a shame to abandon the old Husky 630 engine.

Im hoping for the direct injected 2 strokes that are rumored to be in the pipeline.
  17. Grreatdog

Oddometer:
    That will get me into a Husky dealer ...... assuming I can find one within a light year of Annapolis.
  18. SBG

SBG Neville1 to TT boys

Oddometer:
  19. Kawidad

Kawidad Long timer

Oddometer:
    They have to do something like that in order to get it street legal. The manufacturers don't do it for style points, they do because governments make them do it. :puke1
  20. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Swap out the stock battery for a new lightweight Shorai.