Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. JonXX

JonXX Infraction Collector

Oddometer:
    I used No-Toil once, I didn't like it, it didn't seem sticky enough and sure enough it drooled a lot of oil. I went back to the tried, true and trusted PJ1 foam filter oil and haven't had any filter drool issues.
  2. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used the PJ1 stuff for a long time and its a good product. Save your money and use WD-40 to clean the PJ oil. You don't need the PJ cleaner.
  3. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bulletproof Designs for me on my '06. Fit PERFECT. Don't see them making valve checks take more than a couple minutes longer.
  4. Rattletrap

Rattletrap When in doubt-Gas it

Oddometer:
    I used the 7602 braces and guards. Good quality stuff.

[​IMG]
  5. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    I looked at those and forgot all about them. I would have got those ones!
  6. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I installed 7602's vent filter kit yesterday.

Here's the irony: I bought the TE instead of an XRR because I wanted the bike to be squeaky-clean, guaranteed officially street legal in California. In order to make it run right (or at all) and not melt itself, every part of the emissions control system that made it legal has now been removed or thoroughly altered. Brilliant. It feels like emissions controls, circa 1974.

-----------------------
    Also, I found one of the exhaust heat shield bolts was backing out. Further investigation revealed the fiber washer was coming apart and had relaxed the preload, allowing the bolt to loosen. That's the last fiber washer. Replaced it with SS like the rest of them and expect no further troubles.
  7. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Was 74 a bad year for emissions? I was only around for 10 or 12 days in 74. I remember my Dads International harvester in 78 or 79 when I was 4 or 5 years old and thinking back, it couldn't have had any emissions, it was just a motor and battery
  8. Dualsport

Dualsport Maker of Sweet Cheek

Oddometer:
    Cincinnati the best riding in the area, aint here
    I bought a 73 Nova SS in 1974 and thought that removing the pollution pump was a big deal. I think it all started around that time.
  9. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The good Ford Cleveland heads are '72-73. Porsches gained 400 lb and lost 40 hp in '74. You could say it was a bad year.
  10. His Pistolship

His Pistolship Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer:
    HI All,

New 610 owner here. It's a 2008 with 1,300 miles. I bought it used for $4,500. I've only had it for a day, but I can tell that it is going to be a strong running bike. Starts easily. Finding neutral is a chore. Seat is ok but could be better.

I've already ordered a spare clutch cable.

Question 1: what is the brightest aftermarket DOT approved headlight I can put on this thing without stressing the electronics too bad? I was caught out in the dark and in the rain and it was quite an adventure getting home with the Husky's pitiful headlight. I would love to put on the Baja Designs La Paz lights but I don't think they are DOT approved.

Question 2: I feel tipsy when I stand up on this thing, not a stable as on other bikes like my Super Tenere. I've thought about putting on handle bar risers but I've heard that the clutch cables don't have enough slack to allow that. I've also thought about putting on lower pegs. I think what really needs to happen is the pegs need to move rearward to spread me out better, but then I would have to mess with the brake and shifter. Any suggestions?

Thanks
  11. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Get the motion pro cable it's 2" longer and add 2" Rox risers. Move the bars forward and it's night and day. The stator on these can support a lot! 340 or 360 watt. [​IMG]
  12. His Pistolship

His Pistolship Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer:
    Thanks Lunger. Thankfully I ordered the Motion pro. I didn't know the Rox could move forward like that. Sweet.

By the way, I've found some other threads on the lighting thing. Still trying to decide what to do on that issue.

13. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Start striping things off until it looks kinda like this [​IMG][​IMG]
    Edit: my bad, I thought you said lightening. The trail tech X 2 is a good light.
  14. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Poor abused bike. Today I had a little boo-boo where I was accelerating kinda hard, checked my 6 and when I looked up there was a semi braking hard for a barely yellow light.

I got on it pretty hard, but the rear started sliding and it was clear I was gonna thump him. I started to veer left but there was a car coming, so I had to lay'r down Lol.

The rear did a near perfect slid putting the bike horizontal under the bumper and the back tire impacting the semi's tire.

All-in-all pretty amazing result.

I got up and got the hell out of there!

OK, so later, I discovered that I'd torn the muffler mounts out of the subframe. and I got a dramatic increase in my ongoing oil leak where the shifter punched the stator cover (but to be fair there's also a crack that I think may be the cause of my previous leak)

And I guess I must have been on the brake pretty hard, cuz about 1/2 hour later the footpeg popped off.

OK, so sorry that was so long-winded...

Who makes the bling clip-on rear brake toe thingy?

Anybody got a lead on a stator cover less than $200?

I slapped some quicksteel on and rode it to Portland an back. Oh and so naturally the cam chain that I've put off fixing for a year is now rubbing the reed valve. I'm gonna give it some love soon, just in time for winter. I promise.
  15. motopreserve

motopreserve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sucks that the bike took some damage, but the statement above is the key. Glad to hear you walked away unhurt. Bike can be fixed.
  16. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:

Yeah, hurt my pride pretty bad, which is surprising cuz really after all this time you wouldn't expect there to be much left.
  17. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Aaron, you can get a brake pedal from Bill's for $25. Since you're up north, maybe try Tasky's. I bent mine beyond repair about 6 months ago and Bill had one in the glass case. I forgot who makes it though, but you could call him and he could tell you. It comes in red anodizing and it's not made for the TE-610 but with some finagling it'll work. I'll try and send you a pic in a few hours.
  18. nathan8315

nathan8315 Adventurer

Oddometer:

For the Stator cover try Fran Bottone @ Jo-Bet cycles. I get all my parts through him and I thought he quoted me that cover for around what your are looking (this was last year though).

Edit: I called Jo-Bet cycles and they are closed. Fran moved over to 6V motorsports. The number on the machine was 814-368-5500. Not sure if he will be able to help there or not, but couldn't hurt to check.
  19. Rattletrap

Rattletrap When in doubt-Gas it

Oddometer:
    Glad you're ok Aaron. Good thing he wasn't backing up!
  20. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have the torque spec for the rear sprocket on the 610?