Fj 1200

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by pitbull, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Big Steve

Big Steve Banned

Oddometer:
    Here's mine, in theft resistant white/silver

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    TonyKZ1 likes this.
  2. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    Man, three years between post! Thanks for reviving this thread h9r. I been in love with the FJ since they came out as a 1100 but never bought one. I went the Honda Sabre route and still don't regret it. Just lately a low mile, bone stock 86 FJ came up for sale near me and I'm having a emotional tug of war going on with myself. I don't know if I should get the FJ or spend a few more bucks and get something more modern like a ZRX or FZ1? I love all three but the FJ really pulls on my heart strings. :raabia That bike of your is a beauty. What kind on cans on your bike?
  3. devonrider

devonrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here in the UK, the FJ1100 / 1200 was a hugely popular bike and was one of Yamaha's best sellers, but interestingly, you hardly ever see any around these days.
    Read into that what you will.
    I owned an FJ1200A back in 1993, and after a few years sold it in favour of the ZZR1100.
    That would be my choice for a cheap quick sports tourer and unlike the FJ1200, there are still plenty of those to be seen on our roads doing the business.
  4. ELIMINATOR

ELIMINATOR Where's the world going

Oddometer:
    Hampshire, England..........No,not New England!
    I bought an FJ 1200 3CV about a year ago. I love it, Only paid £500, it came with a new Nitron rear shock. Best bike buy I've ever had:clap
  5. ELIMINATOR

ELIMINATOR Where's the world going

Oddometer:
    Hampshire, England..........No,not New England!
    [​IMG]
  6. nskitts

nskitts Long timer

Oddometer:
    True Barn Find, I paid 400 dollars(!!!) for it covered in barn dust, pushed it to my trailer and hauled it home, cleaned the carbs and it scared me with the power it had. Sold it, should not have sold it:
    [​IMG]
  7. nskitts

nskitts Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sadly these bikes are being sacrificed for their engines. Some sort of "legends" midget race cars use the engines due to power and air cooling. Buy them while you can and when you can.
  8. Ultravoyageant

Ultravoyageant Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The congested burbs 62 furlongs west of Brick City
    Here's my '84, back in January of this year on Storm King Highway (Rt 218) between West Point and Cornwall-on-Hudson;
    [​IMG]

It tripped 80K miles that cold ass (high was 21 degrees F) day. Was out on the bike yesterday and I now have 85,700 miles. I'm the third owner, purchased it 4 years ago for $1,400 with 29K on it. All it needed was tires. No second gear issues, runs like a top. Next week I'm rebuilding the fork and putting a penske on the rear. This is my eighth bike and by far it's the most versatile bike I've owned-you can carve twisties, ride dirt roads, throw my Givi side cases on and do a 600 mile day comfortably, all while generally hauling a whole lot of ass. There are a few bikes I'm looking at to add to the stable, but I'll never get rid of this one.
    TonyKZ1 likes this.
  9. Just GO!

Just GO! I wish I were good at something.

Oddometer:

Please tell us you're kidding.........please, please, please.
  10. nskitts

nskitts Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope, I honestly should have kept it but it needed some things and I was not wanting to start a bike collection at the time. I wish I would have now.
  11. stevodude

stevodude n00b

Oddometer:
    My old beastie, after doing another 25,000km it's currently being referbished with new braided brake lines, disks, springs, valves and exhaust.

I think it's been around the clock once, or maybe twice not sure, I bought it a bit rundown a few years ago and have been slowly refreshing all the bits...

1990 fj1200 3cv

[​IMG]
    TonyKZ1 likes this.