The F5 Bivouac (rallye raid news) and W2RC - World cross country rally championship

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I should be good by then. Its COLD in July :D

:thumb
  2. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. ZequeArgentina

ZequeArgentina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. too old

Oddometer:
  5. too old

Oddometer:
    Oh and yes - come on Sam & Helder - Team HRC :clap:clap:clap
  6. Dread Pendragon

Dread Pendragon Tragic Donkey Throttler

Oddometer:
    Nothing we don't already know, but here's an announcement from Eitenne:

<div style='text-align:center'>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=281&width=560&height=345&playList=517586845'></script>
    <br/>
    </div>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZOCHK1JGMOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

En Espanol:
    <div style='text-align:center'>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=281&width=560&height=345&playList=517716614'></script>
    <br/>
    </div>
  7. Dread Pendragon

Dread Pendragon Tragic Donkey Throttler

Oddometer:
    And the new owner of the Hummers:

"Not content with doing big things in WRC 2, Yazeed Al-Rajhi has revealed plans to contest next year’s Dakar Rally – and he’s turned to event regular Robby Gordon for advice, not to mention a brace of Hummer H3s."

[​IMG]

"Of his Dakar bid, Al-Rajhi said: “I’m not in the habit of losing my time or wasting my energy. My objective is to win the Dakar. I’m fully aware that it is an ambitious objective, and that to be playing up front in the beginning will not be easy, but it is a project to be built on over the years. During the first year we will be there to learn. But I truly hope the clinch the laurels one day.

"Al-Rajhi will contest four cross-country events in 2013: the Hail Rally in Saudi Arabia, the Sealine Cross Country in Qatar, the Silk Way Rally in Russia and The Rally of Pharaohs in Egypt."

(read the entire article here)

And a couple of images from Planet Robby:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So then is it correct to assume that Gordon's comment at the end of the Dakar that he would be coming back to race in 2014 was an impulsive one, and that he won't be showing up with another type of vehicle?
  8. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:

So, shall we start taking bets on this. :D

Good habits are important, you know.
  9. too old

Oddometer:
    Can do, but not seen too many Saudi's ride flat out for 2 weeks without crashing (2 hours would be a record) mind you at least he has someone to navigate, all the Hummer needs now is a third seat so someone else can drive also :rofl:rofl:rofl
  10. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    There are thousands of Saudi drifting videos on Youtube proving this statement. :lol3
  11. wilkinsonk

wilkinsonk soup de grimace

Oddometer:

Trust me when I say that you do not want to see this in person, especially if you are on the road that the Saudi Drift is being executed on!

Respect for him giving the Dakar campaign a go, but I'm not putting any money on him being NEAR the front within 4 years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazeed_Al-Rajhi). "In 2011 he contested seven WRC rounds, but retired from six of them."

He is favored to win the Hail Rally (http://www.arabnews.com/news/445630), which he won last year (four of five last events to be exact). First year for bikes and quads, makes me wish I was back in Riyadh.

- Ken
  12. too old

Oddometer:
    You actually want to be in Riyadh :rofl:rofl
  13. wilkinsonk

wilkinsonk soup de grimace

Oddometer:

If only that I might have gone to this event...otherwise not really. I do miss my friends though. Loved the hospitality.
  14. mxmum

mxmum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Moto list now up and no CD :ear

Go Sam, go Helder :clap:clap:clap:clap
  15. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    See how conveniently they have skipped #2 on that list? They might be waiting for a last minute entry :evil
  16. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Yup

17. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    RALLY OF TUNISIA 2013 : FLASH INFO

For several months, the NPO teams work daily with the Tunisian authorities, sports federations car and motorcycle (FTM and FTA) and many loyal partners to organize the 31° edition of the famous International Rally of Tunisia.
    The economic crisis, alerts issued by various embassies to the attention of their citizens and the emphasy of international media sometimes outrageous, of social movements in Tunisia, have dampened enthusiasm of European for Tunisia destination. Moreoever, the geopolitical context does not enable the organization of the event with serenity.
    Following the various official meetings held this week in Tunis, NPO, by mutual agreement with the Ministry of Sport and Tourism, the FTA and FTM, has taken the decision to postpone the Rally of Tunisia 2013 and today build a project of Future.

Registered participants were called today by the NPO team and mostly decided to postpone their entries to OiLibya Rally of Morocco. Few of them unavailable this fall, will be fully refunded in the coming days.
  18. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    2 years in a row. Ouch.
  19. too old

Oddometer:
    Paris - Dakar :evil
  20. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:

I'm a bit confused, here
    http://www.worldrallyraid.com/blog/2013/03/tunisia-express-salta-il-nuovo-rally-di-neveu

I'm reading:

La polémique et l’imbroglio nés, d’une part, des revendications de NPO à l’égard du National Automobile Club de Tunisie (NACT) et de l’organisation du Rallye de Tunisie, d’autre part, de la constitution de la Fédération Tunisienne de l’Automobile (FTA) et de l’organisation par NPO, sous l’égide de cette nouvelle fédération, d’un rallye du même nom, crée une situation juridique confuse qui ne permet pas, en l’état, à M. Cyril NEVEU de donner suite à la demande qui lui était faite par le NACT de prendre part à la promotion du rallye TUNISIE EXPRESS 2013".

So, it's a NO for both Rallyes in Tunisia?