F this hurts.

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by yourdrunkdad, Aug 17, 2013.

1. yourdrunkdad

yourdrunkdad I just wanna ride!!

Oddometer:
    Short for now, dear ran into me in Montana left leg is broken. Will update after surgery.
  2. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    That's what you get for being a drunk dad :wink:

Sorry to hear about it hope all goes well in surgery!
  3. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    When will these deer learn that they really shouldnt attempt to have relationships with the metal horses.

Heal up soon, man
  4. Effervescent

Effervescent Sexiest ADVrider '20

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear this. Got health insurance?
  5. Stinky151

Stinky151 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where in Montana are you? I am in great falls if you need anything. Shoot me a message
  6. Robert_W

Robert_W Giant Douche / Turd Sammich - 'Murica F' Ya Baby!

Oddometer:
    I promise I will shoot at least one for you this fall. :1drinkGet better!
  7. Jays-f800gs

Jays-f800gs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hmm, that sucks! Get well soon.

I just got back from Kalispell, on my way there at (St. Regis? St. something) seen a BMW on flat bed followed by another rider, was that you?

Almost tagged one going 75 on my way back (in my truck).
  8. stephanektm

stephanektm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2 weeks ago ridin 110-120 outside of town a deer jumped right out of the woods right in front of me!! About 6-10 feet right in front! I started aiming my bike towards its ass but he moved!! My buddies right behind me saw the whole thing!! My wife saw nothing but when she heard me yell at my friends at the next intersection she was not feeling too well..... I got lucky this time but it wont be like that all the time..... Cheers to you buddy! Get well soon
  9. CharlieHorse

CharlieHorse n00b

Oddometer:
    sorry about the leg. sucks hard.

i'll drive my truck extra fast down the canyons here in UT in hope of clipping a deer then dedicating it to you.
  10. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    my last truck deer collision I got 2. I would have got more but the hood flew up.

You should have seen the look on the troopers face when I told him that. Priceless.

I hate hunting deer with a truck. Good clean kills, but reloading is expensive.

Rod
  11. yourdrunkdad

Oddometer:
    I figure a week is long enough. Now I'm a little more lucid.

and pictures may take a bit my photo's are being a bitch.

So friday when I got out of work the plan was to take as much dirt from Ellsworth AFB to The Mt's in Roundup where my Mother in law lives. All was well until I was just south of Colstrip my cellphone started to die. somewhere after I filled up in this Lame Dear my charger quit working and I needed it for GPS use.

I took a guess and ended up on 39 north which took me to Colstrip. obviously a coal town. But they did have an awesome gas station where I was able to get a charger some gas and a much needed bathroom break. In Lame Dear I was sure that I would be fed to the small children, or Sasquatch if I tried there.
    Well I am going to have to finish up some more tomorrow or later, noisy children, photo buckett and pain pills are pissing me the jhjh off.Mainly the annoyance from the pain pills.
  12. yourdrunkdad

Oddometer:

ST Vincent was my hospital.
    Nope not me, my DR is in the sherifs garage until we go get it tomorrow. EMT rode it to town for me. GREAT bunch of people here. From the deputy that was the first responder to the ortho doc,, amazingly kind people.
  13. yourdrunkdad

Oddometer:
    Not much more to go so I'm going to try and get things to cooperate. Any who so I did my thing at coal strip I take off north. Phone is charging GPS is working and the Dr is purring like a saber tooth tiger. I decided that I would just stay on tar at this point so I could save some time and not have to fiddle with the phone fore GPS . I knew I94 would be coming up soon and I would re asess my rout at that point. I get to 94 with no problems, the GPS /phone was charging well so I figured I would give it another shot. Looked like I was coming into some farm country and figured there is bound to be some good gravel here. I turn on Google maps enter roundup my as destination by bicycle path. Well then old highway 10 directly ahead. And there was gravel service road right next to it,well on the other side of RR trax.I took a left on highway 10and drove the 55 mph as posted watching for my right turn onto the gravel road I wanted. About a mile down the road I passed what looked like it but the screen on the GPS had shut off. Meh I took it any way. A couple hundred yards in I figured I better stop and check. Sweet this was the correct road. Holy crap was the gravel gigantic. Well here is the good part. I settles in back at 55 and no sooner had I done that BAMĀ”!!!! Out of the corner of my eye I seen the buck jump right into me. When I finally stopped rolling I turned myself onto my back, except my lower left leg didn't roll with me. Well I better try and find my phone so I can call 911. I took my helmet off looked around then pulled myself up to my bike which was about 10 feet above me. I was very surprised to find the phone exactly where I left it. Called 911 and within 20 minutes I was on my way to Forsythes small hospital. There they exrayed and then sent me on to billings. Let me tell you that ride sucked. Oh yes almost forgot one of the ambulance guys rode the bike to the sheriffs office for me and parked it in there garage. And harp both the tibia and fibia were as they say shattered. I thought it just looked broken but shattered sounds worse so we will go with that.
    OK OK I know I said I would finish but I'm getting a little dizzy so give me like an hour.
  14. yourdrunkdad

Oddometer:
    OK I'm going to catch up on a couple pictures now that the bucket is working and hopefully finish this sucker. Here is an ex ray from the hospital in Forsythe.
    [​IMG]
    This is my hand a day ago. You can still see the teeth marks.

[​IMG]

I hate having a broken computer, this sucks on my phone.
    That was Friday the 16th Saturday at around 0830 I went in for surgery and came out 3 hours later. They say everything went fine but holy shniky did I hurt. I have had various surgeries over the years and "wow" was this one the worse for pain. On lots of drugs my leg looked like this

[​IMG]

That's my knee where they opened it up so they could drive a rod through my leg down to my ankle. The put a few screws in and that was that. I had to pee in a piss jug for a coule days. I ate very little but as soon as they told me I could get out of there if the pain meds reduced and I could show that I could crutch to the restroom. Hell yea. I just bit the bullet for the pain and holy crap it sucked but I managed to go into the bathroom. In Friday night and out sunday before noon. Had to scheduled schedule a follow up where they took this one for me on Thursday last week .

[​IMG]

Everything looked good so I'm finally cleared to go back to South DAKOTA.

We headed out on Saturday and stopped in Forsythe so we could get the bike and go look bat the crash sight. Here are a few pics I had my some take for me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look who we found 50 yards from the road, he didn't make it
    [​IMG].

Yes I am 100% positive that is the rack I seen jumping into me.

Well I'm back home and slowly healing. at least another week off work and my AF Dr. Wants me to see the ortho doc here. I'm just very thankful that my leg is all that busted on me.

Oh hey I want to mention. If anyone lives in Forsythe please let me know. And donations are welcome. :evil
  15. Rex Nemo

Rex Nemo horizon calling

Oddometer:
    Good job surviving. That first post-surgery trip to the bathroom, under your own steam, is somethin' else, isn't it? One of life's more painful victories.

Glad you're here to tell the tale. Looks like the DR might be fine with a couple of new parts, a fork tweak, and a wash.
  16. yourdrunkdad

Oddometer:
    I just wanted to thank you for the offer.. ended up barrowing the in laws trailer to get the time home.
  17. yourdrunkdad

Oddometer:
    The morphine made 0 difference in that adventure. Not going to lie I almost cried I was so happy about the bike being in good shape. I was a happy man.
  18. yourdrunkdad

Oddometer:
    Highway 6 is a good canyon for that.
  19. manfromthestix

manfromthestix Lost in Space Supporter

Oddometer:
    This used to be my favorite photo of a (former) herd of deer:

[​IMG]

Big-assed dually skid marks and two dead mulies in the borrow ditch, front bumper of the truck in the ditch about a mile down the road. Ha! Take that, Bambis, you fuckers!

Then, I saw your photo and I have a new favorite deer picture! :lol3

[​IMG]

I used to live in Wyoming and thought the deer were bad out there, but the white tails in Virginia are another story - zillions of them and endless cover for them to hide in until you're in range, then BAM!

Gawd, that was one well and truly broken leg you had there :puke1. Glad you survived and glad you're healing up. My son has a titanium rod like that in his leg, healed fine and no issues. I dunno about the DR650, I'd have a shop take a hard look at that for insurance purposes (pull the plastic and tank off, etc.). The DR is a tough bike but it could be twisted in ways you can't see in a casual inspection. That was a hell of a hit, man.

Heal well, glad all is looking up!

Doug
  20. steelerider

steelerider Southafricanamerican

Oddometer:
    Dude, heal up. I had exactly the same thing happen to me last week. Riding along a straight gravel section of road, 32 mph and BAM! Huge deer ran right into me from my right. I hardly even saw the damn thing, it happened so fast. Result: broken collar bone, 4 fractured ribs, fractured scapula. My collar bone is being operated on next week. My new GSW had 470 miles on it. :(

Good luck to you, I know just how fast and hard those mfers hit.