My review of Ural Motorcycles (2012)

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by bokad, May 28, 2012.

1. Prmurat

Prmurat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still sorry: racism etc are not negotiable... Go ahead and do more personal attack! Me? I am going riding in the beautiful "Liberal Republik of Kalifornia"!
  2. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    So, let me get this straight. It is not OK for someone to judge a race by the actions of a few, but is OK for you to judge an entire group of people based on the actions of a few? I fail to see how you aren't a hypocrite.
  3. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    He's so far out in left field that he's alone in another ball park, and the only game being played is the one in his head.

It seems that in his opinion, partisipating on S.S. makes you guilty by association even if you dont hold the oppinions he claims to abhor. I wounder why he doesn't apply the same standards here?

The fact that he hasn't acknowledged his unjust slander of those of us who are innocent speaks volumes.
  4. Oldmanriding

Oldmanriding Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You know Racism is a 2 way street. Seems to me the one screaming it loudest is the biggest racist here. Why don't you go back to what ever 3rd world rock you crawled out from under and save it from mankind.

Say have you donated all those bikes you own to the less fortunate like you said you were going to on SS. Probably not considering your just a I'm PRMURAT and you the only person in the world who counts. It amazes me even San Francisco can out up with your crap. Maybe if you got a good douche you'd feel brighter.
  5. gspell68

gspell68 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think Jawas are made in Czech or maybe Poland...
  6. Duckworth

Duckworth Taking the high road

Oddometer:
    Or imported from Tatooine. I hear there is a larger displacement version in the works called a Jabba.
  7. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Grasshoppers Troll-Fu is weak. :lol3
  8. DavePave

DavePave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I earlier stated that I enjoyed the controversy and heated discussion on this thread, I didn't mean weak and pointless accusations of racism and hatred. I was referring to motorcycle related stuff.....

"Troll-Fu" - I had to look that up on the internet. I learned a new word today. :D

Freedom of speech is great! I also have the freedom to listen or not to listen. If some of you don't like what's on the internet then go to another site. I assume that's also why the inventers of television and radio gave us a choice of channels.

Then again, some people do like to yell at the rain, it's how they vent what they don't understand about themselves.

Can we get back to Urals now?????
  9. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    fixed it. :D
  10. Montague

Montague UDF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    an alternate universe, much better than yours
    I had a Honda 350 in 1972 and one time it broke down on the road and I had to pay a flatbed truck to take it it to the shop.

All Hondas are junk. Don't buy one.

Just saying.:lol3
  11. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Montague,
    "Honda ST1300, Ural Gear Up, Rokon Ranger and now an Argo, WTF is wrong with me?"
    What is a Argo?
    Thanks
  12. seekeronsaltspring

seekeronsaltspring Crazy David

Oddometer:
    Well I'm soon to be 60. and the bike 4 years old now and its clutch is worth out I it stiuck open and slipped then it fail to open and pulled the b ike ahead . Think some thing between the plates at times. Got the engine half out but the nuts oh the headers are stuck on real good and are now rounded off . Only two to go but they do not move. Going to use heat to see if that help. One has to wonder why this is happening now, just before summer. Seem its not easy changing the clutch and the engine has to be open up to do so, unlike my old 1980 hawk , So that could be a reason not to buy one. But if you like to do your own work even when new its the b ike for you. Starting with spokes when breaking in to the clutch later on you learn to love it and trush your own work.

N ot out riding this week or next month waiting for parts.
  13. Oldmanriding

Oldmanriding Adventurer

Oddometer:

“White folks was in caves while we was building empires…. We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.” Al Sharpton, Kean College '94 :deal
  14. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Make sure you get the new style clutch discs, they are far better.

old on left, new on right.
    [​IMG]
  15. Poacher Bob

Poacher Bob Persona non grata

Oddometer:
    Racist/homophobe!
  16. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    Al? he is a moral-less opportunist.
  17. Montague

Montague UDF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    8 wheeled amphibious vehicle. Lots of things to break, and when it does, I will warn everyone not to buy one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5PCkh6JxYkI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]
  18. Berger

Berger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Put down the toys and ride your Ural for heavens sake!!! :D
  19. Montague

Montague UDF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very true Berger, and I was up in Peterborough the other day picking up some new flanges for my beast so I hope to have it ready to go this weekend.

But............the uRal does not float across the pond nearly as well as the aRgo, so I guess I will have to keep playing with all of the toys as circumstances dictate. :clap

You will have to come up and have a beer at the camp, it is only about an hour and a bit from your end of the city.
  20. Berger

Berger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Waiting patiently for the invite! :D