Where did you ride in MS today?

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Trophy1298, Jun 19, 2009.

1. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    Cool. Thought your pics looked familiar!

I'm going to have to watch putting Tags out there if someone else knows that area besides me! :D
  2. Trophy1298

Trophy1298 Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer:
    No.
  3. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:
    I had to go to Jackson to help pick out brides made dresses and pay for two today, So i fallowed two car loads of young ladies down 25 and spent most of the day with them, i broke off after lunch and came back up the trace and hit a fun little side road I have found, a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. babarnette

babarnette Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where is this side road and specifically where was this picture taken? I'd like to check it out.
  5. tslaw

tslaw aged n00b

Oddometer:
    Good find Switch.
  6. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:
    Ed merchant Rd and Jack Boot Rd beside the Trace just above highway 16. it's only about 2 miles from one end to the other but anytime you are going up the trace it's a good little detour. that doesn't change your direction. i found it a few months ago on the Old XL wile exploring the roads on that side of the trace trying to get down to the river. And that bridge is at the eastern end.
  7. Supahflid

Supahflid Wheelieless Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> I was a little disappointed that no one posted in the breakfast thread that they were going to be at breakfast after I made the post about riding a route I had created. So, I wondered when I left the house if I would be eating breakfast alone; well that’s not entirely true, I had texted with BW the day before so I knew he would be there, but he didn’t know if he was going to ride since he still didn’t feel 100%. I left home and after a cold ten minute ride, I pulled up to PBTP to the sight of a motorcycle-less parking lot. Well, I was a little early, I thought, so I’ll just go in and un-freeze my finger tips with some coffee; I didn’t even make it inside before Cliff-77 showed up. He and I went in and ordered our food and before we could get served, BW showed up; then jeffrides, then Mooselee, then dirtroadsnms, then RoyQ! Wow, this is quite the crowd and most of them I haven’t seen in quite some time! “This is gonna be a good day,” I thought. And, turns out, vfrgreg was at Tommy’s trading post wondering where we all were! No biggie, we were going right by there.

The tall tales don’t end at the breakfast table:

[​IMG]

The route I made was to take us north up toward Carroll County and then back down toward home on the east side of I-55. After picking up vfrgreg, we headed out, making a short run up the Trace up to Ratliff’s Ferry where the fun stuff started.

[​IMG]

Not long after we got rolling, jeffrides eases up beside me and says, “Can we take a pee break soon?” Since I have the smallest bladder in the world, I was more than happy to oblige.

[​IMG]

We rode some fun twisty asphalt and then found some dirt:

[​IMG]

I believe it was the first or second stretch of dirt that vfrgreg claimed that RoyQ was slinging gravel all over him, so RoyQ gladly relinquished his position:

[​IMG]

More gravel interspersed with asphalt:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We stopped again around 11:00 for a b.s. and warm up break. By this point, it was warm enough that most of us removed some warm gear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BW and Cliff 77:

[​IMG]
    We made a plan to go to Lexington to eat lunch, about ten miles away, and headed out. I was really hungry!:

[​IMG]

With about five miles to go, we were about to crest a hill where an F-350, headed in the opposite direction, was waiting to turn left in front of us. Thinking that the driver could surely see us, I never checked up until, with just a few yards to go, he started to turn in front of me. This was about to get ugly. You know how people say their life flashes in front of them when they think death or injury is about to befall them? Well, I didn’t have that thought. My only thought was, “WTF”, followed by the vilest, hate laden thoughts I could muster.

I started hitting all my stop buttons and having turned off my ABS, my back wheel locked up for just a few nanoseconds, causing my ass end to slide to the left; my aim was going to be keep going right and DFO to the ditch if I could manage to get there before he had fully pulled in front of me. I eased off the rear brake, straightened up, but now heading for the shoulder when he stopped; oh thank youthankyou, you idiot. As I passed by him, I threw up both my arms in disgust and kept going. Jeez, that was the closest I’ve come to my demise.

RoyQ told me when we stopped that he gave ole boy the stank eye as he passed him; thank you RoyQ, maybe that rat bastard will look one more time before turning across traffic from now on!

We stopped for fuel in Lexington and since I wasn’t sure where food was, RoyQ showed us the way.

[​IMG]

My fellow 990 compatriot, Mooselee:

[​IMG]

“Wooooo….number 54!”:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

“Get your own tots, man.”

[​IMG]

If you look closely, you can see both a broken headlight and windscreen:

[​IMG]

Dirtroadsnms was having trouble with his bike and BW and Mooselee needed to get home, so they decided to head that way. Having already had the “no idle” trouble BW seemed confident that dirtroadsnms problem was easily repaired and I think he said under warranty. I hope that is the case!

[​IMG]

“I told you I could eat more tots than you!”

[​IMG]

Vfrgreg and Cliff 77:

[​IMG]

We had ridden another fifteen or so miles when vfrgreg and RoyQ decided to head on home. By this time, it was around 2:00 and I realized there was no way we were going to finish the route. Having dedicated the day to riding, jeffrides, cliff 77 and I decided to press on. Quickly, we came upon this old bridge:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The “County Road” quickly turned in to “County Trail”. I was hoping this trail was going to turn into some more technical stuff and it sort of did, but we eventually were riding on more groomed roads. It was still pretty cool!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We stopped here and decided to start making our way back toward home.:

[​IMG]

Jeffrides stretching his legs; no fear of his feet dragging!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

None of us wanted to be riding in the dark for fear of the forest rats, so we jumped on the interstate. We stopped at exit 144 and decided to make a stop in Gluckstadt at jeffrides buddies crawfish cooking enterprise and have some mudbugs. I didn’t realize that Cliff 77 wasn’t going to join us, so I missed saying goodbye to him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saw this guy:

[​IMG]

Jeffrides and I ate a few crawfish and parted ways:

[​IMG]

I reflected on the day; despite almost meeting my end on this earth, the serene water of the Rez matched my mood:

[​IMG]
    What an absolutely awesome day!!!!! I hadn’t seen many of these guys in quite a while and was ecstatic that we got to spend some time together! It was good to meet fellow KTM’er Mooselee and I’m sorry I didn’t bid farewell to you Cliff 77! I hope we get to do this again soon!

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->
  8. Cliff-77

Cliff-77 Lost Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Was a good day of riding,thanks for a good route,how was the mudbugs?
  9. Supahflid

Oddometer:
    They were good! It's just too bad I didn't have a few beers and a DD! I coulda at a whole lot more!

Good seeing you yesterday!
  10. antpatterson

antpatterson XR650L_High_Runner

Oddometer:
    A ride from a week ago, decided to go to Rattlesnake Bay and do a little stretch of it to see how the KTM water impeller upgrade and coolant recovery work, never and needed to use the coolant recover (still just a reassurance).
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FE3NHXhCcmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ended up with 300 miles on the day. I was home by 3:30 after leaving y'all near Vaiden. 55 south was a blur at 100 with a miserable 36 mpg :lol3 never caught vfrgreg since he jumped on 51.

It was great to end a ride with no flat, no loose spokes and no crash however that sand section we rode TWICE gave the big blue pig fits.:eek1

Let's line up and do it again soon:D
  12. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:
    I got home way quicker than expected when we peeled off after Sonic.

It was like 14 miles to I-55, then 35 miles of interstate to the trace exit in Ridgeland where we split up. So it's not too far and I don't think to go that direction too often, except for MSHCT! :D
  13. Supahflid

Oddometer:

Thanks! I kept expecting something happen cause we kept talking about it! Glad we weren't having to do any repairs on the side of the road. It was a good day.
  14. Kingsized

Kingsized Kingsized Adventurer

Oddometer:
    KW and I headed south to Natchez for the monthly BMW meeting. I swear on the way, I almost hit four birds. One was a hawk that came within 18" of me. I thought I was going to eat it for lunch.

We ended up camping at Clear Springs Campground down in the Homochitto National Forrest. It's a very nice campground and I plan to go back soon with the wife and daughter. There are a lot of gravel and dirt roads in the area. We only had a chance to ride a short section of unpaved road because the rain was moving in and we had a long ride back.
  15. Knightwork

Knightwork Have Coffe Cup--Can Travel Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great camping spot and great company----

on the way back I stopped by and saw the GentleGiant (DQ)-----seems bored -still hurts-and allaround feeling pain---

other than that he was in good shape--:lol3
  16. Trophy1298

Trophy1298 Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer:
    Took off on the Trophy right after lunch (was south of Raymond for a meeting) and rode all afternoon. OPGR to PG, out to the Nuke power plant, a few indian mounds, an old church or 4 and some nasty (from all the recent rain) dirt roads to get to some of these.

Went old school. No GPS (it was mounted but not turned on), no trying to get good pics, just simply riding and letting the road clear my mind.

Had a deer jump out on OPGR that got my attention. But nothing else too interesting. Had to get back to the paved since the Trophy is not a fan of sloppy mud, but there are plenty of great paved ones down that way.

Happy VD to me. :lol3
  17. tslaw

tslaw aged n00b

Oddometer:
    Did some delta wind riding today.

[​IMG]
  18. 990 trailblazer

990 trailblazer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    do yall think he really went riding? I'v not heard anyone say they actuall saw him ride since the last rally. Maybe he really believes he is riding. Does anyone know a good shrink he could talk to?
  19. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:

Is "good shrink" an oxymoron?? :D
  20. tslaw

tslaw aged n00b

Oddometer:
    I've seen his bike by an old church in the area:D

[​IMG]