Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oops, edited for the time being.
  2. bighead3

bighead3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1:clap
  3. manyu

manyu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is there an alternative to AAA that works for motorcycles? I called AAA in New England and they said that they dont offer anything for motorcycles. Wondering what my options are if the bike breaks down in the middle of nowhere.
  4. bross

bross Where we riding to?

Oddometer:
    Our equivalent here in Canada is called BCAA and as long as I carry their RV protection that includes motorcycles. It costs about $50 more a year than just just the car coverage, but is worth it for me as we have an RV as well.
  5. maddy'sdad

maddy'sdad n00b

Oddometer:
    The extra 2 years sounds reasonable for $599 if you plan to keep the bike and might still be making payments. The rest seems too much. The stock Bridgestone tires wear out fast and there are better choices for replacements down the road. If you have extra cash get better shocks, they improve rebound damping, my Ikon rear shocks are great and the Ikon fork springs finished the job. Ride safe.

6. 081 Scrambler

081 Scrambler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :freaky
  7. grebmrof

grebmrof Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yea, same thing out of Happy Trails. These guys supply racks for a Moto Guzzi Quota, that has been out of production for what, 12 years or more, but nothing for a Scrambler that has been produced for now 7 years since 2006 - go figure!
  8. ChuBrocka

ChuBrocka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great points. How about we all email en masse? Hearing from this many people in a short period of time might wake them up?

Here are their email addresses:
    info@happy-trail.com
    dusty@wolfmanluggage.com

...and here is some text you can copy and paste into an email if you don't feel like coming up with something on your own:

Hello,

I'm writing to inquire if you have plans to offer a luggage rack solution for Triumph Scramblers in the near future. This topic has come up in the past but nothing ever seems to come of it. Scramblers may not be a very common bike but a visit to ADV rider will show that they have a growing and loyal following with a forum of over 1100 pages with over 17,000 posts. We are hungry for luggage options for our bikes with Metal Mule offering the only out-of-the-box solution for us at the moment. Your products are clearly very popular in the motorcycling community and we'd love to get in on that. Please consider developing products for these bikes, I know that they'll sell!

Sincerely,
  9. manyu

manyu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Done!
  10. nofate

nofate what blackflies?

Oddometer:
    I sent them emails too, but composed my own. Good idea.
  11. capt ed

capt ed Capt Ed

Oddometer:
    I have heard from 3 of you today:D and we do appreciate the consideration and vote of confidence in our products. I am also happy to tell you its the next bike to go into R&D starting next week. It will be somewhere around 60 days maybe a tad longer for completed products.
    Hope you have a good riding season Ed
  12. ChuBrocka

ChuBrocka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well...uh...that moved quicker than expected. Thanks for quick reply Ed. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
  13. grebmrof

Oddometer:
    Well I for one will believe it when I see it. I have been encouraging these guys for a long time, things apparently do not move fast in Idaho. I will keep my fingers crossed and maybe one of these days, we'll see some hard luggage brackets out of Happy Trails for Scramblers and standard Bonnevilles (T100, SE, Thruxton, etc) too...
  14. badlittlerobots

badlittlerobots Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quick question for anyone who also has an Arrow exhaust on their Scram: what kind of mileage are you getting?
  15. hbmichael

hbmichael Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ive heard some pretty optimistic numbers on various forums. I have a 2013 with the stock exhaust holesaw drilled out and the triumph off road tune. I ride fairly aggressive but consistently get 40-42 with just under 4000 miles on the odometer. I suspect youd be getting about the same or perhaps a little less. But i could be wrong.
  16. maddy'sdad

maddy'sdad n00b

Oddometer:
    So...I set aside the Dart flyscreen for a bigger, after market shield to reduce the wind off my chest at freeway speeds over 70mph. I will spare the manufacturer's identity. The shield and hardware were compact, looked good. It had two quick release attachment points for the handle bar (a bit minimal) and four other adjustable joints for attaching, positioning the screen (14 inches tall). At freeway speed it kept the wind off my chest until at 70mph it began to twist to the right. Where was all this new noise coming from? Put the handsome Dart flyscreen back on and back to the freeway its quiet. I'm reminded that this is a Brit bike after all and some wind to my chest and the agility of the Scrambler is gift.
  17. grebmrof

Oddometer:
    I have an Arrow on an '06 carb Scrambler, gets anywhere from 42 to 49 mpg, depending on whether I run the tank out in a single sitting or several short rides or on the weather or how I ride it. It is about the same as my '08 T100 with TORs. The Arrows make beautiful music from that 270 motor.
  18. twodogsf

twodogsf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey manyu, You can join the AMA, they offer road side service, by the way you scram owners, I entered my 06 that I purchased from a inmate 3 or 4 years ago in a local car show that had 6 bikes in my class CVO HD's and a softtail and a 3 wheeler and the scrambler took home a first place trophy:clap:lol3
  19. Simon T

Simon T Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I get about 40 mpg on mine but only done about 700 miles
  20. Simon T

Simon T Adventurer

Oddometer: