The BMW HP2 Megamoto thread.

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Joe Bar, Sep 27, 2008.

1. HPSaucy

HPSaucy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From memory the total saving was pretty substantial, I think it was in the region of 12-14 lbs, the stock set up is really an anchor when you get it off, I remember being really suprised how heavy it was.
  2. RoteEddie

RoteEddie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As some of you know I installed a Touratech kit including Zega Pro cases to my MM. The bags have hardly been on the bike and the rack has simply been used to attach soft luggage.

If any of you are interested in either the rack, bags or both let me know. I've already ordered a Ventura kit so I can use the same luggage on all of my bikes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. RoteEddie

Oddometer:
    Today I have started preparing for a new season. I already have new brakedisks, but still waiting for new pads to arrive. A Brembo 19 RCS master cylinder will also come my way shortly. Hopefully these upgrades will see a huge improvment in power and feel.

As the RCS is mounted differently to the standard mc so I can't use the hand protector. Anyone know of an alternative that mounts vertically? I guess I can manage without protectors, but they do help to keep my hands warmer on cold days.
  4. HPSaucy

HPSaucy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Please make more of your stunning vids this season too, you live in such a spectacular part of the world!
  5. RoteEddie

Oddometer:
    I have a VIO POV HD on preorder, so more vids will show up. I found the lack of proper sound a real pain on the GoPro HD :1drink
  6. Cos

Cos Re-Greekified

Oddometer:
    Try the Acerbis Dual Road Handguards...might work out since all you really want them for is wind protection.

http://www.motostrano.com/acduroha.html
  7. air-cooled

air-cooled Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    " oke ;ladies and gentlemen, i've got him" not SH at I, but the mm.
    really cold today but crisp and clear, done about 100km on my way home and despite the weather enjoyed the ride.
    this story will be continued.
  8. Macroenie

Macroenie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clap ENJOY :clap
  9. RoteEddie

Oddometer:
    While swapping brake discs yesterday I discovered that my front wheel is damaged. I guess I need a new rim :cry The most worrying part is I have no idea when it occured.

[​IMG]
  10. bingbong

bingbong Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ooops that looks nasty eddie. There are some places that can fix distortions like that, as long as it has no sharp edges that cracks can propagate from you should be fine.
  11. HPSaucy

HPSaucy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This bike belongs to a friend in the UK, it is the only one of the very rare PP specials not in Japan, so of course it is offered at quite a premium, but if you are into collecting, or know a collector who'd be into it please give me a shout.
    http://www.hp2.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=97
  12. Joe Bar

Joe Bar Middle England

Oddometer:
    Well after 2 1/2 years of fun and frolics on the Megamoto, the new owner rode away on it this afternoon. Time for a change. :thumb
  13. HPSaucy

HPSaucy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry to see it and you go, thanks for all your great tips and tricks along the way!

What you getting next?
  14. Joe Bar

Joe Bar Middle England

Oddometer:
    I've had a Griso 8V SE since the middle of last year and haven't put many miles on it yet, so will be scooting around on that for a while I guess.
  15. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    I'm so jealous, the MM and the Griso are on my 'dream bikes' list :D
  16. Ray R

Ray R Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Take care of yourself, have fun on that Guzzi, and don't be a stranger!

I think this thread just died a little.
  17. HPSaucy

HPSaucy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is a little puzzel I'm trying to figure out, why would my front tire be way more worn on one side than the other? Can you think of something that could be amiss in the steering geometry to cause this?
  18. Macroenie

Macroenie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    One possible cause, taken from http://www.whybike.com/motorcycle83.htm

quote:" 2. Humped Roads -- Most roads are "humped" slightly in the middle or banked away from the center to allow rain and water to drain off. However, this hump can have a dramatic effect on one side of your motorcycle's front tire because the side of the tire closer to the center of the road will wear faster. There's not much you can do about this, and it can become very visible if you ride a lot. So be aware of this phenomenon and check the left side of your front tire often."
  19. szazbo

szazbo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    HP, here is another interesting site. http://www.rattlebars.com/tirewear/index.html

I also ride road bikes and expereince the same tire wear issues that I do on my motorcycles, just a little different due to the size/width difference. I do not agree with what he says on the site from my bike experiences. Road crown definetly has something to do with it. Also almost everybody on a motorcycle that rides the twisties will usually see more wear on the left side due to left turns having more visibility on the road ahead and thus more speed. A lot of right turns are blind or less visibility and we (I ) ride them with more caution. IMHO.
  20. RoteEddie

Oddometer:
    I always have more wear on the left sides. This is simply because I ride the left hand corners harder. Probably a psychological thing as I find it more scary to end up in an oncoming car than in the woods.

I ran a set of BT016's and the front was completely bald on the left front after less than 2000 kms. None of the other tires I've used have been that bad.