Who else is training for King of the Motos 2013?

Discussion in 'Racing' started by trc, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Goofy1

Goofy1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not that I know squat about riding those type of rocks but...

Running that low of tire pressures have you considered running tireballs ( http://www.tireballs.com/ )? I've used them for some low pressure situations and they have worked great.
  2. trc

trc Tim Robel Concepts

Oddometer:
    Wow! Thats a very nice rock section to train on! Where is this at? I'm out at Glen Helen every Thursday from 8-3 if anyone wants to train! EnduroCros track!
  3. RobertoGatos

RobertoGatos Go-Go-GatosBros!

Oddometer:
    I've heard of those tire balls before, but never have used them. Been using the Nuetech Tubliss system for a few years now. Been real happy with how those have been working.

trc,

This spot's in Chico, just outside of town. I might hit you up over my winter break to go ride if I make it down south again. Will let you know.
  4. jesusgatos

jesusgatos fishing with dynamite

Oddometer:
    Was up in Chico visiting Robo-Boogie a few days ago and helped him stitch his exhaust back together. It was beat way past the point of being worth fixing, but we've been sinking all our monnay into GatosBros, so we cut it up and pounded it out and welded it all back together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
    More about KOM just got put up on Race-Dezert.
  6. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Roberto beat me to it, but there is also a thread in racing on ADV
  7. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
    Just got this email with some camping info asking for reservations. Anyone know what the deal with this is? Do you have to pay for your spot? Where's the best place to be? Lets get a big ADV group together...

[​IMG]
  8. Racinace

Racinace Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Considering entering this race... should know for sure by the end of next week if I am in or not. It's going to be a last min decision. I have a 2011 Gas Gas 300ec already to go. Could be fun. :freaky
  9. 35xj

35xj Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ive been going ou!t to the car race portion of this event for 5 years now. Its crazy Fun! this year in hopping on my 950 and doing a 4800 mile road trip out to the race!
    in years gone by the camping has been free outside of the main pit "hammer town" area, wherever you want pretty much. It becomes acres of campers and trucks.
    The map shown is the pit area for vendors/race teams only. . This year it looks as though "hammer town" will be completely enclosed and a wristband (20.00+/- for the week) will be required to get inside. Typically lots of food vendors in the town, coffee, etc (no booze)
    Last year several HUNDRED porta potty's were on site, id expect more this year. Once the week gets going a party takes place pretty much everynite in one of the bigtop tents in hammer town. It ususlly gets pretty rowdy!
    Anybody going out ought to try to make plans to stick around for the week, or at least come back for the thursday qualifying and friday race day. Its pretty damn fun!
  10. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
    Are you in?

A few of us are headed out there tomorrow to poke around through the weekend. Anyone going to be out there and want to ride? Never been to J.V. before, where should we head?
  11. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    It's an awfully big place. The farther you get from the camping areas the better the riding, towards the north boundary. Make sure you have plenty of fuel.
  12. El Zorrillo

El Zorrillo charity case

Oddometer:
    according to a post from JL on facebook, he said "this year's KOM is more about being a marathon than a sprint".

hope you guys are in tip-top shape for this one!

good luck!
  13. garridan

garridan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    GPS units are not required this year, but still recommended. The course will be available for download at King of the Motos.

Only 2 weeks until this epic event. Contact us if you are in need of a Voyager GPS

[​IMG]

We will have a support team at the event for trouble shooting, tech support and training.

Garridan
    Trail Tech
    360-687-4530
  14. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Just talked to Robo last night and he was all giggety-giggety. Said they're having a blast out there and he's looking forward to going back for the race. Sounds like he's also pretty happy with the 200XCW he picked up to replace his 300XC.
  15. AZ Air Hd

AZ Air Hd Air heads R 4ever!

Oddometer:
    Just got home from round 1 of WORCS! Taylor #1 won! Destry - dnf
    Bike trouble... Heard they both traing for KOM. GL all.
  16. fuggy

fuggy Canyon Explorer

Oddometer:
    Can't wait for KOM! Tim, how is your training coming along?

I'll be out there on the lakebed Saturday Feb 2nd @ noon for the entire week. If anyone needs tools, zip ties, tires, tubes, let me know. Good luck to everyone. Pace yourself and drink lots of water. It looks to be warm and dusty again this year.
  17. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Cool, let's all make sure to round-up out there.
  18. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
    Just posted a ride report from JV here.
  19. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Save the Hammers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hJqrR6VxCbE

If you ever have any aspirations of spectating or competing in KOM you need to sign this petition. Basically the Marines want to expand the 29 Palms base to include JV and thus shutting it down for OHV use. Even if you never plan on going to JV sign the petition, it'll take five minutes of your life tops and all you need to provide is an email addy and your zip code.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ms-marine-base-expansion-keep-public/5r0C7Xw4
  20. trc

trc Tim Robel Concepts

Oddometer:
    I just got back from a great 3 day weekend of testing and training at the Hammers. Bike development is all done and my fitness is the best it's been, looking forward to the event! I will be there on Thursday evening and will park @ KOM pits 101 poison spyder for the entire event. Feel free to stop by and chat! See you all on the lake bed! Best of luck to all that race this event! Godspeed!