Ripped off by a Vendor (Konvoi.ro)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by HolyCannoli, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Patrol

Patrol VALE 46!

Oddometer:
    I don't see any inmate by this name. Looks like he got the hell outta Dodge. Sorry this happened to you.
  2. cristi-mic

cristi-mic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well...unfortunately I had a similar experience, but being from Romania I managed to get my money back after 3 months and a lot of phone calls and e-mails (with his "secretary", as he didn't want to talk to me anymore). He was supposed to deliver 2 boxes in 20 days, and nothing after 2 and a half months.
    Then I read on the Romanian forum that he doesn't do business in Romania anymore, as we are too picky and looking for scandal. I suppose it's easier to rip off foreigners...they can't do much.
    After a search in the web, I found out he was already under investigation for bank fraud and there are also problems with some funds from a local motorcycle club.

My advice: contact the local Police from his city and send a formal complaint by e-mail.

PS His attitude on the forum: I don't care if there are some unhappy customers, I have plenty of orders so the business is going great.....

Another advice: spread the word on all other foreign forums.
  3. HolyCannoli

HolyCannoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the help guys. I am in Austria at my in-laws and have limited internet access but he contacted me today saying I was mistaken and that my order was not ready but it was an order from another person (keeping in mind that in the end of July he sent me a photo of three boxes with my name and address on them). At this point I know that I am screwed and will have to count this as a very expensive learning experience.

I cant bring myself to take any of the unbelievably generous offers of free luggage from people that have offered because I dont feel that they should have to pay for my experience.

Anyway Thanks for helping me spread the word and to the guy in Canada, I am sorry this happened to you as well.

Again, Thank you all for helping me spread the word about these people.
  4. marcone

marcone V-Stromer

Oddometer:
    From Austria (Eastern Austria at least) until Baia Mare where this guy is living you've got only about 700km. For 1000$ you could pay him a visit to collect in person.
    If you do nothing you're just motivating him to continue his practice.
  5. sailah

sailah Lampin' it

Oddometer:
    They are just sitting in my garage, I have maybe $40 in aluminum in then if you want to pay that. Plus you are in wv I'm in pittsburgh, easy ride amigo:lol3
  6. Bocosb

Bocosb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry about your trip.. must really suck :( . Saw the topic on the romanian moto forum and did some research.
    The guy has a post from 13 september on his site http://konvoi.ro/blog/blog/2012/09/13/reincepem-activitatea-si-reluam-comenzile/

Translated it would be something like that:

"After the summer when the activity was slowed down because of the vacations/holidays, including suppliers of raw materials and accessories, we are getting back to work, we hope at a regular pace, and we resume the communications with the clients and business partners.
    We apologize for the delayed shippings and mistakes from the last months. With a new team and solved problems in the manufacturing department, we will fix the delays and problems caused.
    Thank you for understanding
    Team Konvoi"

I hope he will fix his mistakes, including this.. i will keep an eye on this topic and i could assist with further legal info (i have some connections on local police) on the matter if the problem doesn't get resolved.
  7. sailah

sailah Lampin' it

Oddometer:
    BAM!! ADV mafia hit coming:lol3:lol3
  8. HolyCannoli

Oddometer:
    Funny, He finally emailed me back (I think it was right after one of the awesome ADVRIDER Romanian members posted this on a Romanian site) saying that I was mistaken and that he never shipped my luggage but he would be working on them. I told him I wanted a refund and I emailed him back the photo he sent me in the beginning of August of packed boxes with my name on them.

He emailed me back saying he will give me my money back.

We will see what happens.

Thanks for all the help guys, this is the best site ever! If any of you find yourselves in West Virginia, the first beer is on me!
  9. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    You would be far ahead getting your money back at this point I'd think.
    Especially since some better guys have shown up in this thread who also build what you are looking for.

It appears the ADV army has came thru again. :D
  10. HolyCannoli

Oddometer:
    We will see if he comes through.
    What neck of the woods are ya in hillbilly?
  11. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    A couple hours west of you in Preston Co.
    Take Rt 50 to 72 north, look for KTMs :D
  12. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    +100 ... what a great attitude, when you wonder about human kind someone steps up and refreshes your faith and makes up for the assholes in the world.

When it's time for me to buy guess where I'll be going :deal
  13. marcone

marcone V-Stromer

Oddometer:
    Hoping you'll get you money back, the guy needs to work on his mentality and customer focus if he wants to have any chance of succeeding. Being good with aluminium doesn't get you money if you disrespect your customers.
  14. AnjinSan

AnjinSan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Marcone, funny thing, I got the same answer as you did when I wrote to him with the same problem. If I would be looking for side cases for sure I wouldn't even consider him. Even though I am Romanian and I would like to buy Romanian, the way he treats his customers says a lot about him.
    I know it is non of our business how he conducts his business but I really cannot understand his approach. Anyway I hope that all of you guys will get your money back and then you will not give up from buying from small businesses. Not all of them are so uhmmm unreliable.

Alex
  15. Burtwer

Burtwer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A nice ride around Harpers Ferry and some beers with a fellow ADVer. Sounds like a win-win.:1drink
  16. Lensgrinder

Lensgrinder Long timer

Oddometer:

You hit that right on the mark.

Without good customer service you can have the best product in the world, but no one will waste their time buying it.

I hope it works out for those he tried to steal from, keep in mind, Karma's a bitch.:deal

What an awesome display of teamwork from this forum.:freaky:clap
  17. Simplyred

Simplyred No longer active on ADVRider.

Oddometer:
    Might be a good idea to keep this thread on top of things. If every day someone bumps it up, it will keep in plain sight of every ADV Rider and it will (hopefully) keep the pressure up.
  18. HolyCannoli

Oddometer:
    Hello Everyone, Sorry about the lack of updates but I have been traveling. Here is where I am with this guy.
    On September 16th, someone named "Daniela" told em that they will be sending a refund. I asked them when and of course received no answer.
    I emailed agian on the 17th and 18th again asking when I could expect to see the refund, again, no answer.
    On the 19th, I worte:
    Now I hate sending emails like this but I have learned over the past 7 months that begging, pleading, trying to appeal to their humanity is worthless. The only time they respond is when I threaten. Here is the response I received.

So I am not holding my breath but we will see.

[​IMG]
  19. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:

All orders are filled later or earlier. Let me guess which one it was going to be.
  20. SpeedyK

SpeedyK Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Those are some seriously nice boxes you make! If I get into a long ride those will be on my short list.