Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Although I did not arrest her (conflict of interest so the highway patrol got her), the DUI that blew a stop sign and hit me while I was on duty New Years Eve got arrested. 4 times the per se limit for alcohol. Does that count?

Anymore, New Years Eve is really a lot more quiet that most people think. I actually don't think we had any fight or party calls... people pretty much know there is a massive police presence and they will get pulled over for damn near anything. We are lot more busy on a typical night than we are on New Years.

A funny story about New Years, back in 1998 as it was rolling over to 1999, a guy I used to work with got on the radio and yelled: "99!!!!!!".

Upon hearing this, half the other guys working were on the radio: "Woo hoo, 1999! Happy New Year! Yeah, '99!!!!!!!!!"... that bullshit for like a minute straight. As soon as there was a break in the radio traffic, the original guy gets back on and he's screaming: "Everyone shut up, I got a Signal 99 (signal for emergency traffic only) with shots fired!!!!!!!!".

Oooooops. Turned out okay. Not funny then; but funny now.
  2. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    I have these. I think I have previously responded to a comment you made about them.

Good boots but they will not fit under jeans comfortably. They are tall and bulky, though quite light, comfortable, and waterproof.

The buckles get dirt up in them and have a hard time latching, you need to keep them clean.

Revzilla or New Enough has them for $249 shipped.
  3. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    I'll 2nd the Scouts. Like 'em a bunch. As Mark said, walkable and waterproof. I purchased the only pair IP had. Not sure why they had them, but they're not something they carry.
  4. 'Flagger

Oddometer:
    I most not be using them right ... mine haven't done this. :hmmmmm
  5. 'Flagger

Oddometer:
    Oh ... Mark must be wearing those oh-so-stylish 'skinny' jeans ... the boots fit under mine.
  6. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Mark calls them "jeggings".
  7. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    They fit but it's super tight, and the cuffs get caught on the buckles of the boots. Way easier to tuck them in, though I almost always wear overpants anyway.
  8. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    No real spare parts here. I modded mine to fit stock dr650 cables.
  9. racer64

racer64 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Haven't been on here for a while.Saw the post about new boots I am Also looking at getting the alpinestar scout boots or the sidi discovery rain I know they are about $100 apart any ideas? I had the thor atv boots and they fell apart did get my money back. going to pay the money for smoething that will last. Also anyone going to the indoor MX racing at summit fairgrounds this coming weekend I plan on going on sat. night.
  10. Moparmanpete

Moparmanpete The Cracken has risen!...maybe? NOPE

Oddometer:
    Anyone have any experiences with Firstgear Boots?
  11. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    If you wear an odd size they can go out of stock for a long time. They do large production runs every other year, and if the supply they ran doesn't last that long oh well. I know 2 guys that absolutely love them, but I have never been a fan of light duty street boots.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  12. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I finally made it to IP today and got the wifey a riding coat, helmet, and gloves. Im glad to see her interested enough in wanting ride with me and be more safe and comfortable. I was browsing boots and couldn't make up my mind and I left with nothing for myself. I kind of lost interest after watching my wife try on every damn coat in the place twice. :huh
    :lol3

I want a decent mid height boot that is easy to get on and off and will fit under jeans. I know I trade off protection, but I dont want 5 buckles and it to stop at the top of my calf like off road boots. I also dont want to drop $250-300 on a boot that I wont wear more then once a week. I know I want a lot for nothing, but hey I am honest. Are Crocs still in style?
  13. Moparmanpete

Moparmanpete The Cracken has risen!...maybe? NOPE

Oddometer:
    I have to go to IP some time, apparently I have a cousin that works there.
  14. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    Picked up a pair of Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof boots on clearance at IP for around 100 bucks or less. They are easy to get on/off, however they may take some tweaking on the velcro to get them as tight as you might like them. Comfortable enough to wear all day at work when I don't make it to my desk, but super easy to get on/off if I want to swap out for something more work appropriate. Work great under most jeans, unless you're wearing jeggings. So far they've been truly waterproof, although I haven't really tested them in the worst of conditions - mostly just light to moderate rain.

Fit and finish seems good. If IP doesn't have any left, they can still be found online for ~150 bucks at Revzilla, perhaps cheaper elsewhere.
  15. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb Thanks Dox
  16. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    I too got a pair of the Ridge boots at IP last year. I concur with everything Dox says about them....they are light and comfy all day. However, having ridden in them during a couple of frog stranglers, I can tell you that they are not totally waterproof....but then again, very few boots truly are.
  17. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Try a shorty MX boot - fits all your criteria. I have the Fox Comp5's and I love the hell out of them. Great protection for ankles and feet, just not as much on the shin and calf as a full MX boot. Mine have been very good in keeping water out too. Mine were $115 on the net.

[​IMG]
  18. The Roadie

The Roadie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This made me laugh. Then I realized I'm the unlucky bastard in northeastern ohio... Jokes on me
  19. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
  20. CBBaron

CBBaron Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got the A* Ridge and the Fox Comp5.
    The Ridge is a comfortable boot for off bike walking and easy to put on and off. It's what I wear on my short commute. But the are light a flexible and I doubt they would provide much protection beyond abrasion resistance. The Comp5 is a much more substantial boot. Only slightly harder to get on but much stiffer. It should provide decent foot and ankle protection at the expense of walking comfort. Both seem to be waterproof if you keep your pants down over the top of them. I have trouble with pants riding over the top of both but I have a long inseam.

Craig