Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. teeter

teeter Frank Zappa the 6th

Oddometer:
    By the way.. What are you doing with the extra motor? I'm planning on rebuilding this one, but I'm open to persuasion.

Is it the 3.3 (VG33E)?
  2. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm sure it wasn't Betty Crocker, but it would be interesting know what oil has been used up until it finally croaked.

:ear

3. teeter

Oddometer:
    I don't recall off hand, but I'll check the jug when I get home. I'm thinking Bullseye 100W250.

(Edit) just checked..Quaker State 5W30
  4. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    9 days into the trip, and Day 4 of the TAT. Crossed the Mississippi yesterday and are into the Ozarks tonight. Short and sweet, Tennessee was great with lots of water crossings. Mississippi sucked big time. Nasty roads and deep loose gravel. Arkansas is tough in the Mississippi floodplain because the roads are commercial farm vehicle roads, but once away from the floodplain they are fantastic. 2240 miles into the trip. One flat. No other major issues. Joe can read roll charts like a champ and has led every mile since we started the TAT. He is really becoming a great rider.

Sorry for lack of posts, but I'm having issues with my server for hosting pics. No advice needed, I'm just posting the trip to Facebook. If you want to follow, just ask me to friend you. Jeff Munn. Richmond. You can unfriend me after the trip if you want. Will not hurt my feelings in the least. I just don't have the time in the evenings to post to multiple sites.

Cheers,
    jeff
  5. moymurfs

moymurfs Truth has become unacceptable.

Oddometer:
    I said I was in the "middle" of pulling them :lol3... I have the tranny off the motor only to find my tranny cradle jack won't let me clear the underside to get it out. I have the body way up in the air on 6ton stands and it's still not high enough :bluduh. Yes, both of mine are automatics, 4x4, 3.3motors. It's obvious that Nissan mated the engine/tranny assemblies from underneath before bolting on the front drive/suspension components. It would be easier if I had an overhead lift that you could hoist the body way up and drop the assembly from underneath. But once you free the motor from the tranny the motor should come up with no problem.
    If you were trying to move the motor around without disconnecting the transmission you are beating your head against a wall.
  6. moymurfs

Oddometer:

Jeff, I will tell Hope to friend you..she's the facetubebook guru....:wink:
  7. moymurfs

Oddometer:
    yes, it is.

:evil :deal
  8. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gabriel looking very stylish at the track in his KTM ensemble (he has already asked for orange KTM gloves! :lol3) His riding skills are improving weekly, he asks me almost every day "can we go to the track this weekend?" I love it! I predict a dedicated MX bike in my future. I never thought I'd say this but my DRZ400 feels like a GS Adventure on the MX track and it's suspension can't handle hard landings with me on it's back.

[​IMG]

This is what you get when I try to launch my DRZ too high! :lol3 A low-rider DRZ!
    [​IMG]
  9. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    Eddie- isn't that on the kiddie track? LOL
  10. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    That explains where Eddie has been hiding. I wonder what percentage of Eddies post comment on or talk about planning a bike purchase?

Thinking I'm going to stay put in town tomorrow and go riding on Saturday. The forecast is improving too.
  11. burtonrider3889

burtonrider3889 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What track to you go to Eddy? I wonder how my WR would do riding around on one.

Jeff Munn, you have a friend request coming. I'd like to see some of these pics. Glad you're having a good time. Edit: Guess not, I can't find you.
  12. teeter

Oddometer:
    I should've been more clear. The motor and tranny are no longer bolted together . I'm thinking that I need to either disconnect the prop shafts and unbolt the crossmember that the tranny rests on in order to slide it back. Or I need to drop the diff to slide the motor forward. Either way I need to get them further apart before the motor will lift up.

Shoot me a PM if you want to sell the extra motor.

Thanks. Good luck! I'll PM you with extraction/installation questions if you don't mind. Feel free to do the same. I don't know much about it, but I'm learning.. fast.
  13. Dolly Sod

Dolly Sod I want to do right, but not right now Supporter

Oddometer:
    Me either, anyone got a link to Mr Munn's Facebook page?
  14. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Search for Jeff Munn in the search for people heading. Several "Jeff Munns" will pop up. His is the one listed in Richmond.

15. teeter

Oddometer:
  16. Whitfield

Whitfield Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Makes sense ~ But I did not find any Jeff Munn listed in Richmond.

**** Link above =
    This content is currently unavailable
    The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
    Return home

I'll try again later.

17. HalfPlate

HalfPlate What? Where?

Oddometer:
  18. Dolly Sod

Dolly Sod I want to do right, but not right now Supporter

Oddometer:
    For what ever reason, the only local Jeff Munn that pops up is from Chesterfield. :dunno

That did it. :thumb
  19. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep! LOL! You should hear the ugly sounds my bike makes on the big track!

Charles City Dirt Riders Club.
    http://www.ccdirtriders.org/
    It's 1/2 mile from the Benjamin Harrison bridge. The land is owned by Bob White, owner of the now closed KTM dealer. He has a shop there and a barn/museum full of rare/old/race/motocross bikes (including Mike Barr's gorgeous, old, Pendelton).
    It is a private track so it's never crowded. (On Sunday, Gabriel and I literally had the WHOLE place to ourselves for two hours!) You have two options to join 1. $75 up front and then $25 each day you ride or 2. A one time $700 fee and ride all you want all year (if you have kids under 18, they get to ride under your membership for free). The big track is maintained, groomed and irrigated (to keep down on the dust). There are four tracks (three of them are kiddie tracks), several woods trails, a obstacle area with tractor tires, etc. and a small oval track to practice your flat track/"feet up" power slides. Best of all, the people there are respectful and mindful of little ones on the track, one way traffic on the marked trails, it's very family friendly, no drunks and no 4-wheelers.
  20. tg4360

tg4360 Misfit Toy

Oddometer:
    A few days after Jeff and Joe but I finally made it to Wheels through time..

I'm not much for harley stuff but seeing the old American iron was a treat. All the race bikes were great too.

I knew it would be good when I walked up to the door and it smelled like a garage.

If you are ever in the area you have to check it out. Maggie Valley is gorgeous too and it's not far to the BRP.

TG

[​IMG]