** SENA SMH5 Bluetooth Headsets are HERE! **

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RocketMoto, Apr 8, 2012.

1. tmotten

tmotten Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer:
    That's interesting. How would you compare it at highway speeds to like making a phone call in the street?
  2. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    The Sena mic with their noise reduction circuitry, I would say, is better than making a regular call on a noisy street. A lot depends on the helmet you have, whether you have a windscreen, and such. Dual sport helmets tend to be noisy, and open face helmets are noisier than full face types. A bike with a windscreen can be quieter than one without - but this is not always the case.

If you want to make a phone call and have it as quiet as if you were in your living room, only an Autocom wired system will do that.
  3. Keithwildi

Keithwildi Frostbitten

Oddometer:
    Any chance you know if I can pair a single MP3 player with BOTH headsets at once? Want to be able to listen to the same tunes as my passenger! Thanks. Looks like a nice product at a GREAT price!
  4. Keithwildi

Keithwildi Frostbitten

Oddometer:
    Never mind... Found the answer on FAQs @ Sena's website. They say that the SMH10 CANNOT pair one MP3 to 2 headsets, so I'm going to assume the same goes for the SMH5... too bad. And since the SMH5 has no aux (wired) music port, I guess it'll be separate tunes! Which could be a good thing when I ride w/ my teen daughter!:evil
  5. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Keith:

You will be able to share music with the Sena SM10 dual stream BT adapter. We should have these mid-July if everything lines up. The SM10 will take in 2 audio sources, prioritize them and send those to two headsets.

Make sense?
  6. T Reynolds

T Reynolds Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Adam, just wondering if you're still offering a discount on this set up?

Also when looking at your website picture of the duel kit and the kit contents list, are there two boom mics and two wired mics? It kind of looks that way in the pic. Anyway if it's just the booms then I'll probably buy a wired one for my AGV AX8DS helmet.

The wifes helmet is a flip up modular HJC, is the boom mic best for this type of helmet?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I sent a PM yesterday
  7. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Good catch! We use Sena's 'stock' photo, and they've updated it with just the boom mic, so we'll get that changed on our site.

We have the fixed mic clamps in stock, just not on the site, yet.

I replied to your PM, already. Give us a call on 877.533.4245, and we'll get you fixed right up.
  8. T Reynolds

T Reynolds Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply Adam, I'll order a set tonight and give a call in the am for the clamp.

Never having had an intercom set up before I'm excited to give these a try, I'll let you know how it goes.
  9. CraneDoctor

CraneDoctor RS "Ricky"

Oddometer:
    Hi Adam,

This will probably sound like a stupid question, but anyway... :D
    How hard is to put it together??
    What's the Allen key for?
    Does it hold on like a clamp?
    I'm all :ear... hehehe

I had a look in your site, and I'm really interested :nod:nod

You can send me a message if you like.

Thanks.
  10. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Hi:

Takes 10 -30 minutes to install in a helmet - depending on the helmet. Pretty straight forward, really.

The Allen key is for the clamp - it fixes to the inner and outer helmet shell, and screws together with two, 2.5mm Allen-head screws.

Thanks!
  11. rsscoggins

rsscoggins n00b

Oddometer:
    I got my dual pak of SMH5s yesterday from Rocket Moto. Easy to install into the HJC full face helmets - I originally thought I wanted the wired mic instead of the boom but the boom mic came with it so I thought I would give it a go.

Good news is the I tucked the non talking end of the boom mic under the check pad and it works great! I can't imagine that the wired mic would offer a cleaner install to be honest.

I tried it out yesterday and ran on some local roads up to 60 mph and could still hear the music. Hopefully I will be able to try out the intercom system with a passenger this weekend.
  12. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Nice! How 'bout posting a pic of the install?