Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. HalfPlate

HalfPlate What? Where?

Oddometer:
    Looks like the weather has conspired against us this weekend. I am all for an adventure but I don't realy want the first real ride of the year to be cold and rainy, it sets a bad precedent, and besides that's what we have Laurel Fork for. :lol3
  2. HalfPlate

HalfPlate What? Where?

Oddometer:
    Dang it Madstrom you have foaled my blissful ignorance..... I hadn't thought of that but your exactly right if the bat is flat dead you get no fuel pump and no start.
  3. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm going to get one (Shorai) in the DR if the lead battery will ever die. Nice to knock 5 lbs off the bike so easy. Frees me up to eat some more donuts. :D

Todd, I bought that 18" rear wheel of BE Coyote. Had been looking for a spare wheel for a while and 18 is all the better. Going to set that one up with knobby and keep a dual sport tire on the 17. Thanks for heads up, that was a good deal on it.

Congrats Mike on the sale and move west.. sorry to see y'all go. Send pics.
  4. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just looked at the 50% rain chance in Richmond for both Saturday and Sunday. I guess this is the weekend I pull the exhaust off the WR, clean it up and paint it with some high temp header paint.
  5. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where is this place??

:ear

6. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    Actually, it's no longer called CKB. New name, same stuff. It's on Broad, just east of Parham. Next to Harbor Freight. Next to the Thai place. Giant buffet, decent pricing. Ish.
  7. VACommuter

VACommuter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm off today and could be interested in a lunch RTE.

VAC
  8. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
    OK just to summarize the Gore-Tex thing ::lol3

From my email to Gore-Tex: "Is Nikwax TX.DIRECT Spray-on approved or recommended by GORE-TEX?"

Gore-Tex Response:

W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc does not recommend one name brand over another for water repellency maintenance.

Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our products.

First of all, we recommend following the manufacturer’s instructions as the best way to care for the garment.

Generally, washing the garment in the washing machine, using regular liquid laundry detergent, RINSE WELL, Hang Dry, and then dry it in the dryer, on medium heat for about 20 minutes , is the best way to care for your GORE-TEX® garment. Do not use fabric softeners. The heat from the dryer actually helps to “revive” the Durable Water Repellent (DWR) that is coated to the outside shell of the garment. The GORE-TEX® membrane is laminated to the inside of the outside shell, providing a waterproof barrier. The heat from the dryer does not affect the membrane in anyway. Also, ironing the garment using low heat adds a nice finishing touch that helps enhance the effectiveness of the repellency.

What does happen when a garment is not cared for on a regular basis, is that the DWR becomes “masked” and then does not perform properly. The outside shell becomes saturated (called wet out) and this prevents the water vapors that are coming off your body from “escaping” to the outside (breathability). The garment becomes heavy and water logged, and then you begin to feel cold and damp on the inside. In fact, it might feel like the garment is actually leaking from the condensation that is occurring. So it is best to keep the DWR at its peak performance.

Eventually, the DWR will need to be reapplied.

Ask your local “Outdoor Retailer” to show you a “Durable Water Repellent” (DWR) for Waterproof/Breathable Fabrics.

Kindest Regards
    Bill Acklin
    800-GORE-TEX
  9. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Thank you kind Sir. You have taught this old dawg something new.

jeff
  10. SanK

SanK Harbinger of Industrial Decline

Oddometer:
    i might have to get a set of those jumpers....

The China king buffet i located is on broad street, but like a i said, no answer. Google says their closed. Should be right next to total wine and more. There's one in Tappahanock but I'm thinking that's a little out of range for most.
  11. SanK

Oddometer:
  12. VACommuter

VACommuter Long timer

Oddometer:
    RTE meeting time??

VAC
  13. SanK

Oddometer:
  14. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Historically, 11:30.

15. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:

Just trying to save my friends from the pain of learning first hand in the middle of the boon docks. It's also why I installed a Datel voltage meter on my bike. I hate nasty surprises.: :wink: :lol3
  16. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Mike,
    Thanks for everything. It was great seeing you last night. Wish we had spent more time together and ridden more. But now Arizona is a destination. Maybe when we are on the TAT we can link up this summer. Hope the move goes easily and safely, with the bikes arriving upright :D

The router is working perfectly. Thanks man.

jeff
  17. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    Ahem .. Google is your friend.

https://hibachisushiandsupremebuffet.com/

This was China King Buffet. Now it's the same thing with a different name. Was there just a month ago. Food's decent. Costs less than CKB. Same koi in the lobby. :-)

11:30?

[​IMG]
  18. SanK

Oddometer:
    lol, thank god for street view; 11:30!
  19. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the Battery recommendations for the GS. Shorai is a bit expensive at 180 clams. Looks like a great battery though. I found an Odessey PC535 for 118 shipping included and will go with that for now. :D

cheers,

jh
  20. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mike, if you're coming and you think about it, could you drag that rotor along???