Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Andy:clap
  2. AndyM

AndyM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got the lights today. My first impression is that they're a lot more substantial than I expected! :clap. Very well built! Have to sort out my mounting bracket in the morning and decide whether I want to hook up the dimmer or not.
  3. DirtRider....

DirtRider.... Wandering Turtle

Oddometer:
    I talked with Daryl over at Cyclops this morning about a helmet light... i picked his brain for a while and he just kept answering my questions and offering his advise without any rushed feeling. He even reminded me about the ADV discount!!!!!

I just ordered up the helmet light today and can't wait to test it out... will definitely give a review once i have used it. :D
  4. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks Guys
    I really appreciate your patronage:clap
  5. doc dogg

doc dogg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Trying to get into Emilie DeRavin's pants
    Paid my money and now for the long wait for them to be sent to Australia.

I looked at other LED lights but the thing that sold me of these ones were the useful photos of the output, the comparisons with the other lights (contentious as they may be) and the nice photos of the wiring. I know exactly what I'm getting and I thought that was worth spending a little extra.

I was close to buying a real nice looking light sold by a local guy but he sent me front on photos of the lights (all I could see was massive balls of glare) when I asked for output shots and then ignored me when I said I wanted proper shots in a park at night time. Bad service!

There was also a nice 2" chrome set I saw that came from a supposedly reputable LED seller, but the mounts looked weak, the wires looked small and I couldn't see any heatsinking fins of note. They gave output shots but they were just against a wall and they were taken in a lit room. I just couldn't be confident in those ones. Plus I googled the product number and it came up in another store for half the price but with less warrantee.

Now to occupy myself until I can mount them and take some photos :)
  6. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

Thank You Doc.:clap
    I think when you get the lights in hand you will see that you really didnt spend much extra and received a product that provides far more value than anything even close to the price range.
    Please post some photos after your install.
  7. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Cyclops is proud to sponsor the 24 hr of Perry Mountain
    http://www.24hourchallenge.com/24HourChallenge/news.html

This will be our 6th year of providing Race support to some of the best racers in the country.
    One thing I can say is that The Perry Mountain MC club puts on a world class event, They always amaze me with their professionalism and good nature. Truly a great bunch of racers and enthusiast.

If your anywhere close to Selma AL swing by on race day and enjoy a great event.
  8. HooliKen

HooliKen Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer:
    Would these work fine running off existing PIAA wiring harness with relay?

Cheers :beer Ken
  9. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Sure.
    There may be a difference in connectors, but we can deal with that fairly easily.
    The only other issue may be dimming. These lights use a true PWM system with a 3 wire setup. If dimming was required, it would be a matter of running the 3rd wire.
    Thanks for asking.
  10. AndyM

AndyM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought the lights with the harness and still have to run the third wire. Am I missing something?
  11. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    HI Andy
    If you purchased the dimming harness the 3rd wire is in the loom and hooks up when you plug the lights in.
    If you did not purchase the dimable harness then there is no third wire. To add a dimmer would require the dimmer box and hooking up a dimmer wire.

Please Give me a call if you have any concerns.
    1 800 624 0278
  12. AndyM

AndyM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Everything hooked up and running the way I want it to :clap. Replaced the stock fog lights on the GSA with the round Cyclops lights. First I used the existing wiring for the fog lights which gives me full brightness. Very impressive but a bit too bright for riding in traffic at night. So today hooked up the dimmer box to my high beam circuit so when I'm on low beam the lights run at 50% then come to full brightness when I flip on the high beams. A little tricky with the wiring due to the way BMW runs the low and high beams but it all sorted out nicely in the end.
    What had me puzzled is apparently I bought the lights, dimmer box, and harness, but not the dimmer harness. Was only a matter of using an extra wire to go from the dimmer to the lights.

I am really impressed by these lights:D. I expected some light weight lights with plastic housings. What I got was very durable aluminum housings. The workmanship that went into the lights and harness, even though I'm not using the harness), are top notch.
    I would recommend these lights to anyone!
  13. JRose

JRose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Haha. That's in my hood! The guys at my local shop (Dirt Bike Supply) are big Perry Mtn members, and love this race. I was in there a couple of days ago shopping for tires, saying I was going to do the Ironman Open next year on the F800 :D

Who knows, maybe I will. It would be interesting...

BTW, I like the lights. Just found this thread, and from the start I was saying to myself (God, I wish they were round!) and low and behold, they became round! So now I sit here saying to myself, (God I wish the dual kit was $100....) :lol3

I'm interested in the bar as well. I'm going to get out the tape and look over the F800 and see if there is a nice place to tuck it. I'm a light junkie. I can't stand not being able to see.
  14. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks Andy :clap
    I remember your order, we where not sure about using the stock switch on the gs and there was talk of you running the Skeene controller.
    We sent the dimmer just in case..
    The issue with the GS is that it does not drop the low beam when the high is activated, most bikes do. Our dimmer powers up threw the low beam.
    How did you wire in the lights to use the stock switches and our dimmer?
  15. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks
    Those guys at Dirt bike supply are really nice. They have been a Cyclops dealer for the last few years.
    They can order in any Cyclops product you like.

F800 you say?

[​IMG]
  16. AndyM

AndyM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used a relay off of my high beam circuit. I pulled power for the dimmer from the NC (normally closed) contact on the relay. So when the bike is on the dimmer is powered but when I switch on my high beams the NC contact opens and the lights run at full power.
  17. JRose

JRose Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Great. I'll just order through them. Support my boys.

I used to work for Bill years ago, and Tony and I are old roomies.
  18. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Great Job!!!
  19. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

Thank You

We like to support our dealers. Both of those guys are a class act.

We would also like to welcome Max Motorsports and Scotts Motorcycle Repair as recent additions in the Alabama area.:clap
  20. transplanted

transplanted Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a set for my motorcycle. Can't wait to get my hands on them. Super service from Darryl!!!