The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. MentalGuru

MentalGuru Crazy Diamond

Oddometer:

I meant a pic of the wheelie.... :freaky

Wait what do you mean "this time"? :lol3 What?? :D So it wouldn't break when you knocked it over so you went vertical instead... :thumb

Either way its a great reason to revamp it's a$$. It looks much better with a tight little a$$...:rofl

:beer
  2. koh kood

koh kood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I don't think there'll be a production run. Quality control would be pretty dismal.
    It does keep the wind of one's torso and doesn't effect the handling at all. I got the idea from a inmate in the DR 650 thread. He made his out of plastic. I altered the size and shape to fit the Honda and like I said made a mold and used fibreglass.
    My next project is modify the killer seat.
  3. Vspec

Vspec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    First DS/Dirt oriented bike, went down 400cc and too much hp from an SV650S but never had so much fun riding that slow :evil

[​IMG]

Skid/bash plate and rear rack are first on the farkle list!
  4. JapanLemon

JapanLemon -

Oddometer:
    Thanks, doesn't sound too bad. My dealer over here also said the Q4 is street legal over here, so I might just do that. What I want to avoid is the need to wear earplugs, but I guess if it's neccessary or not is something very individual :D

I saw that Ricochet also ships to Japan. Shipping is 39$, but even with shipping it's cheaper than the cheapest bashplate I could find so far over here. Would be troublesome though if something is wrong with it when it arrives.

I'd prefer the AXP one though, will try to find out how much it'll cost me to get it here.

/edit: Found a shop in Japan who sells the AXP, 17.200 Yen, which is around 210 US$.
  5. outdoornate65

outdoornate65 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just read last night on the "other" CRF250 thread, that seat concepts is about to release a "low" seat.
  6. towman

towman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greetings All!

Last night I almost bought one, unfortunately the financial numbers just didn't work for me. I have to sell my current bike first, then I can buy the CRF.

Since this is going to be my only bike I'm a bit worried, since I ride to work daily, and my commute has a 10 miles freeway section. I'm planning to go from 120 HP to 17 HP :) . I owned bikes with low power before (DRZ, XRL, Ninja 250), I'm not worried about the fun factor, I just don't want to get trampled on the freeway by a SUV...

Also can someone tell me the title/registration fee of this bike in CA?

Thank you!
  7. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    I took a huge cut in power as well, and I am NOT regretting it.

I was in this same boat....not sure what its like where your at, but my dealer gave me several hundred more for my ride on trade in than I couldve sold it for, and let me keep the accessories. I only had to pay sales taxes on the difference and sold my accessories to make up the difference that I paid for the bike.
  8. Harcomo

Harcomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here are a few pics of the Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit installed.....really cleans up the rear end of the bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tzland likes this.
  9. Earthscape

Earthscape Have ya got a helmut?

Oddometer:
    That probably has more to do with your location than anything else. Where I am, touching the front wheel to dirt that is outside of my yard or not a public road is almost guaranteed to be illegal. Legality and enforceability are quite different though, and often local law enforcement is lenient as long as you're not being a loud, obnoxious, offensive brute. Not that I want to step on a soapbox, but this is how loud exhaust does not help. If you're already breaking the law, a loud exhaust just provides the incentive to call you on it. Not all of us have vast expanses of legal off-road riding areas where noise might be less of a concern.

Otherwise, if it looks like someone has gone out of their way to post no-trespassing, that's a sure sign to stay out. If something looks well-traveled, it may be acceptable, or it may be the landowner's own equipment. Get friendly with local landowners to find out. Sometimes utility companies allow riding, such as power lines and gas lines. It can actually help them, as it keeps a passable trail on the line. Otherwise the vegetation may grow in which would then require them to cut it back to keep access available for them. Again, quiet and polite go a long way. If you dig a trench holding it WFO with the front brake on, you may not be allowed back there again. Give a friendly wave to anyone you see. Anything you do to show you're an upstanding, contributing member to society helps. Even the visual difference between a well-maintained bike and one falling apart can present a different image of who you are. We're only allowed to ride while the public non-riding majority allows us to.

In the last 20 years, places that are acceptable to ride have shrunk by vast amounts (at least near where I am). People appear to be much more "protective" of their land than they used to be. Likely in part at least due to legal responsibility issues. All that said, a CRF250L or similar small dual-sport is probably a very good choice as not only is it non-intimidating to ride, but it's non-intimidating to potential on-lookers, who may have the power to make your life miserable.
  10. Avi8tor

Avi8tor ADV Poser

Oddometer:

How was the install? Any wires to cut or is it plug and play?

How much brighter than stock? Blindingly bright?
  11. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree, with the exhaust note. The "people" around here with American bikes, the first thing is to take the mufflers off, because they are really smart. A really good way to piss people off.

12. Vspec

Vspec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any pic with the brakes on? LED taillight is really something I miss from the SV.
  13. Harcomo

Harcomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go back up about 10 posts or so and I posted about the installation. I don't know if it's any brighter than stock but it's plenty bright in my opinion especially with the brakes applied.

With the lights on....

[​IMG]

With the brakes applied....

[​IMG]
  14. Bob80

Bob80 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone having any issues with their 250L's stalling for no apparent reason? I got about 800km on mine now, most of my drives this far have been mainly 30-40km's at a time,pretty much all pavement/dirt roads accessible by cars, and it will usually stall or quit at least once each outing. Mostly when stopped or slowing down to stop and once today while I was cruising along at about 50km/h, it just quit almost as if ya hit the kill switch. The bike will fire right back up no problem, just wondering if anyone else has a similar issue. I am about 99% positive it ain't my driving skills, as the wife's 250L doesn't have this issue (according to her, and I haven't noticed it the little i drove it either) May have to bring it up with the mechanic's at the dealer when it goes in for its 1st service, which I'm quite sure they will likely blame me also...lol:rolleyes
  15. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-...r250s-engine-turns-off-when-downshifting.html
  16. STANIMAL

STANIMAL SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer:
    Too far north.
  17. Willard

Willard Adventurer

Oddometer:
  18. callison

callison Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quick question RE: the fender kit,

Has anyone run into issues getting the bike inspected after installing? This is the first mod I'd like to do but don't want any additional hassles when it comes to keeping it on the road.

Thanks!

Cory
  19. CRFSoCal

CRFSoCal Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    How come nobody told me how much fun snow riding is? :clap

We got about 2 inches of snow here Sunday. The roads have melted off but there's still snow in my woods. On my way home from work I had a freaking blast sliding this lil Honda through my woods and the neighbor's CRP land. What a riot I am still grinning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was rooster tailing snow flying up the hills. I am acting like a dumbass kid on this thing