2014 AMA Supercross Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Oct 26, 2013.

1. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    :clap

Nice! Haven't seen an arena X race in years...
  2. TooFast

TooFast Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a feeling....Tomac will be the surprise and ride his 450 up front in no time !
  3. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    "I can save it!"
  4. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

What about all the titles Tomac's trainer has won, and I don't mean the fights in the pits? :amazon
  5. valvecrusher

valvecrusher tractus pro pensio™

Oddometer:
    NICE whip!
    He went totally 'show them your drain plug' on that one..
  6. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    Darren just off the BMX bike tries his hand at a tail whip. I think he forgot the front wheel won't go all the way around. :fpalm
  7. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  8. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Rumor is.....Millsaps is hurt again and.....out. Tedesco taking his place?

I have my research staff working on this one.
  9. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] A knee injury might prevent Davi Millsaps from suiting up at Anaheim I. Photography by Kit Palmer
    There’s an unfortunate chance that Davi Millsaps, who finish second in the 2013 AMA Supercross Championship, won’t be on the starting line when the gate drops at Anaheim I for the opening round of the 2014 Championship. The Rockstar Energy Team rider suffered a knee injury while practicing eight days ago and might not be ready to go come January 4. The injury has nothing to do with the leg that he had surgery on after this year’s Supercross season, which prevented him from riding the outdoor Nationals.
    “I washed out in a corner and my leg got caught with the bike,” Millsaps said of the crash that caused the injury. “As the bike kept flipping, it twisted my knee. We’re still in the early stages right now. I’ve had an MRI on it, but I have to go back in and get another one. As of right now, we’re not sure what’s going on and what’s going to happen.
    “It’s a huge disappointment,” he told Cycle News. “We got the bike working great, I was feeling good on it, and my other leg is doing great. Yeah, it kind of bums me out, but it’s part of the sport. I’m still young and I can bounce back from this.”
    Millsaps added that he was pleased with his new KTM. “The bike is great, I thought we had it working really good. We’ve done a lot of testing, but for being on the bike for only four weeks, it was going good.”
    The team already has a rider in mind to take his place just in case Millsaps can’t perform, and that rider is Ivan Tedesco, a former 250 Supercross Champion.
    “Basically, I’m going to do some testing with these guys [Rockstar Energy Team] and prepare like I’m going racin’ and just play it by ear,” Tedesco said. “We’ll see where Davi’s at at A1, but on my end, I’m going to prepare like I’m going to race A1 and go from there.”
    And if Davi does ride? “I don’t know, we’ll just have to cross the road when we get there. I’m excided, I’ve been wanting to do something the whole time. It’s just a matter of nothing came my way that I wanted. I’ve enjoyed the KTM, I’ve done some testing with them, I have some time on the bike, I like it, and that’s one of the reasons why I’m doing it.
    “I’ve never announced my retirement – I kind of disappeared for a while but, in my head, I never retired. I was just waiting to see something come my way, if it didn’t, I was cool with it. We’ll just see where this goes.”
  10. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    and so is Canard. :cry
  11. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    And so it begins...Lotta guys with Broc Hepler syndrome it seems.:cry
  12. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Friggen kid took my #.....
    [​IMG]

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9i9x9JYmRSY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

good thing I like em
  13. rallye

rallye Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    anyone know whats happened to Canard?
  14. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Canard update...

Honda Powersports just released info of an injury to Trey Canard--huge bummer there. Here are the details from the team statement:

Team Honda Muscle Milk’s Trey Canard was involved in a crash during practice over the Thanksgiving weekend while preparing for the 2014 Supercross season, sustaining a broken arm. Canard underwent successful surgery on Tuesday December 3, and will begin rehabilitation in preparation for the 2014 Supercross season. Canard had a successful 2013 season, highlighted by his sixth-place overall finish in the Supercross series and fourth overall in the Motocross standings.

“Of course we are disappointed that Trey will miss the opening rounds of the 2014 SX season,” said Director of Racing, Ray Conway. “He has been going really fast at all our pre-season test sessions. We all know how hard Trey will work to get back as soon as he can, and the whole team can’t wait for his return.”
  15. dvwalker

dvwalker Lets go

Oddometer:
    WTF, Brown loose his #3?
  16. PTRadam

PTRadam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, they upped the points requirement last year and Brown was too busy racing off road to try to keep his #. I doubt it bothers him much. He's doing pretty good in off road these days.
  17. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    so I'm planning on attending another SX this year. As good as Dallas was last year as Sade said, it's never as good as the first time....

Atlanta is top of the list right now, as it's warmer there then here in February...don't want to make the full coast to coast trip, don't want to sit outdoors at night at Daytona..

Any input on Atlanta or St. Louis appreciated.
  18. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    We'll miss you in Dallas. :cry

I think we are going again. Maybe PHX too. :scratch
  19. Racer111v

Racer111v Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been to St. Louis a couple times. There is a train from the airport to downtown. There are hotels around the stadium, and clubs/restaurants just down the hill. The stadium has great viewing and usually has tight technical racing. It's easy to get around without the need to get a rental car. I have never been to Atlanta.
  20. Tee2

Tee2 I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer:
    Of the SX races I've been to St Louis is the best to watch at. Get a seat in the first balcony and you can see everything.

We are planning on St. Louis, Indy, and Detroit. Indy is a cool stadium but the view isn't as good. We get the cheap seat there because the mid price ones aren't much better. Haven't been to Detroit yet.