2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    I think what he got was a taste of the same medicine he'd been dishing out in the lites.

I thought it was Reed who was gonna serve it up to him, though. :lol3
  2. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    I thought the 450 guys all raced hard and fair. The only sketchy shit I saw was that 250 guy straight up ramming that other rider in one of the heat races or the lcq in the last corner. Didn't work out too well for him.
  3. Drif10

Oddometer:
    I'm just thinking about how JB was in the habit of pushing his rivals around in lites, riding very aggressively. He earned that bam-bam moniker. I commented a few times that I was looking forward to him doing the same in 450's, and meeting the guys who were masters at it, like 22 and 7.

To hear him bitch about 7 doing it to him is priceless. :D
  4. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    isn't Facebook great? she's my bff.

[​IMG]
  5. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So nothing other than finding himself in the big boy class and complaining about it . :rofl
  6. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Good lord! :huh

:bow
  7. GotMojo?

GotMojo? Long timer

Oddometer:
    I watched the RV pass on JS under yellow a few times and to me it looked like they were all on the brakes, but JS slowed down more and RV slid right by him into the turn. Not sure how RV could have avoided passing him really... its not like he had the throttle pegged or anything.

Awesome race though... that's more action than we've seen all year. I was hoping to see another RV/JS battle, and this time RV won it. JS is definitely looking fast though!
  8. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

Bubba was brake checking and changing direction on the wall obstacle a few times, maybe he missed which side to block that time on that bump.
    Looked like RV had everyone covered speed wise.

I hope Millsaps can get right back up there and keep going.
  9. bikerfish

bikerfish flyfishandride

Oddometer:
    +1 on Millsaps! nice to see a different face up front.
  10. NYTrainer

NYTrainer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I lost all respect for Barcia last season when he came back after the race & roosted the poor downed also-ran that had accidentally crashed him, as well as the medical staffer that was attending him.
  11. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:

WTG Flug! :clap
  13. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
  14. NorthCoastRider

NorthCoastRider Livin' the dream

Oddometer:
    The track looks awesome, lots of whoop sections. There should be some good passing. I'm looking forward to see how KROC does with the 350. Looks like the right style of track for the 350.
  15. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Marvin Musquin placed 4th on the 350 in Daytona last year.
  16. Drif10

Oddometer:
    Kinda looks like barcia started it by running him up in the third? corner, so stewart returned the favor.

Biggest thing though was at how clear it was the rv got away with that pass under the flags.
  17. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    Daytona at least for the last few years has a straight that paralells the seating area and they run a moving UV down along side the bikes with a camera and it's always wicked cool. one year it was a nice whoop section and you were like right there going alongside seeing these guys banging through the whoops. :huh last year I think it was a couple of seriously big jumps.

the season is definitely in part 2 now. looks like Tomac hasn't had quite the easy move to the 450's that Barcia had, I expected more but 2 races is n't exactly a fair barometer. he'll probably win Daytona...I don't think Florida has been overly warm in recent days it could be a chilly affair for the spectators even if it s dry.
  18. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Roczen is supposed to run a 350 KTM at Daytona. That will be sweet.
  19. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think Roczen will place better than Tomac. KRoc may even break into the top 5.
  20. motojunky

motojunky Professional Idiot

Oddometer:
    Couple of thoughts...

I haven't really thought about it until now but this video caught my attention. From about 4:20, you can clearly see the red lights and RV ahead of JS. JS passes RV after the red lights. My understanding is that red lights = no passing. Can anyone confirm?

When RV passes JS, there is a standing red cross flag and then two waving yellows. RV does not pass JS until after the first waving yellow - that appears quite clear to me. My understanding that passing is now OK under a waving yellow?

So the question is, does the red cross flag "end" at the waving yellow - in other words, does the flag where a rider is NOW trump the flag where he was a second ago?

One could argue that it's easy for JS to miss the red lights at first in the heat of battle. I don't disagree. I've read that RV had "begun the pass" before the waving yellow - I don't see where that's a problem as long as the pass didn't take place prior to the waving yellow. To me, it's really about what the rules say about the red cross and yellow flags in close proximity.

Unless there is clear-cut language in the rulebook, I don't see any other option than doing nothing about RVs pass. If red lights = no passing in a corner, isn't JS' pass pretty clearly no good?

I say let it go. I imagine that JS knows that RV had him covered that night and will come out swinging at the next round.

As an aside, I've never been a big JS fan, but I'm really impressed with him seemingly riding within his limits this season. IMO, if he'd have figured that out years ago he'd have a pile of championships.