1190 (road) std seat comfort

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by XsilverGS, Aug 22, 2013.

1. XsilverGS

XsilverGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How would you describe the riders seat fitted to the 1190 road version?

I find it very uncomfortable, and after a short period of time find myself sitting on the seat base as the foam compresses. I don't think I'm particularly heavy at 74 Kg.

Yesterday I went to my local deal, Crescent Motorcycles in Verwood, and collected the comfort seat which I have yet to try. While I was there a KTM UK representative (Steve I think) was on site, I mentioned about the poor seat comfort. He said they have had no complaints and that he has an 1190 and finds the seat comfortable for up to 300 miles.

I'd be interested to hear your comments on seat comfort please.

Many thanks
    Tony
  2. Tancakar

Tancakar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It isn't very comfortable , just ok . but I am curiest to find out more about the comfort seat. Which you can buy from ktm.
  3. Davy F

Davy F Pro Goolie Fiddler

Oddometer:
    I specced the comfort pack (seats/grips and tall screen) for my 1190 when ordering it. I took the chance that the comfort option would be better than the oe seat as I was getting uncomfortable after about 100 miles.
    [​IMG]
    And thankfully, the cost has been worth it ! I did a 330 mile trip around some beautiful Scottish roads last week and only in the last 50ish miles did I start to shuffle about with numb bum setting in. Although not needed right now, the heating element will cook your gonads to perfection when the cooler weather kicks in.
    [​IMG]
  4. Two Tigers

Two Tigers Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Standard seat is crap.

I had mine reshaped and extra foam added but it was still crap so went to the comfort seat which seems much better.

5. XsilverGS

Oddometer:
    I was hopeful of more response than this :-(

If more of you 1190 riders have views on the saddle comfort I'd like to hear it.
  6. PPiA

PPiA Pete

Oddometer:
    The R version is good.

I did two 500 mile days back to back (1600km) with no complaints.
  7. AdvIvan

AdvIvan Rock on!

Oddometer:
    I've been riding total of 5000 km now, with gf on for about 750 of those. We both think the standard is good. The first 2000 km or so, it was kinds hard, but it softens up a bit as time goes.
  8. Stromcat

Stromcat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the standard 1190 with standard seat.At first I thought it was a bit firm,but now I rate it as pretty good,it stays firm but doesnt get squishy.300 miles no problem.I weigh 82 kgs.
  9. R2R COLOMBIA

R2R COLOMBIA n00b

Oddometer:
    I also have the 1190 Adv with standard seat an it as pretty good, no problem. I weigh 84 kgs.
    <!-- / message -->
  10. XsilverGS

Oddometer:
    Update:
    I fitted the riders KTM ergo (comfort) seat and left the standard pillion seat before a trip up to Cumbria and north Wales. I can say most definitely that this seat is more comfortable than the standard seat. I could ride all day without feeling the seat base and it felt good for 250 miles / 6 hours riding.