-

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Oldbear, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Oldbear

Oldbear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    This looks awesome! I would use one of my Kriega bags as a tank bag if it was easier to get into. Does the Tizip open up to the entire inside? Can you post a picture of that open?
  3. bmwblake

bmwblake upside down parker

Oddometer:
    thanks for the pics. these are the nicest i've seen of this bag. do you have any showing the map window attached? i'm wondering if the map window is wide enough for a map to fit nicely folded or if you have to cram it like i do with my current tank bag.
  4. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Oldbear! Ortlieb owes you a cold one, I'd say!

It make me wonder why companies don't got the trouble their customers will to illustrate the use of their products . . . .

Ah well, yet another thing I don't grok.

;-}
  5. (sp?)

(sp?) flaming ahole ;)

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics.

Wondering a couple of things.

1) would it fit on a narrower dirtbike, e.g. Husaberg?

2) is there enough volume (length mostly) to carry a fullsize DSLR camera? (assume appropriate padding installed)

I've got both Wolfman Enduro and Giant Loop (won it in a raffle) tankbags but they're too small for that.

I have the Ortlieb backpack and like it a lot. Good stuff.
  6. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Very informative and helpful thread, Oldbear. Thank you!:thumb
  7. sunbandit

sunbandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Couldn't find anything close to the level of detail you have in your report. Thanks Oldbear! :thumb
  8. marc_andrew

marc_andrew HoTdoG

Oddometer:
    great summary of this bag... it was helpful when I tried installing mine. However, for those of us with an R1150GS, probably best to look elsewhere. The bag is too wide at the front and interferes with the handlebars during turning. Also, because the bag has a relatively hard bottom, it doesnt contour to the arc of a GS tank very well. Had to send mine back today :( bummed... its a well constructed bag.
  9. Too Tall

Too Tall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oldbear, Thanks for the very informative review of this tankbag. Like someone else said, Ortlieb owes you one.
  10. rave76

rave76 n00b

Oddometer:
    moi oldbear,

excellent review of the tankrucksack...after reading I just had to buy one for my KTM 690 SMC from an online-shop here in south germany, due to my trip to sardegna tomorrow.
    I was wondering if you could share some pics or comments about how you did fixed the rear-end of the base with the frame-tube of the 690?
    from what I can see on the pic you`re using the straps provided wit the bag.
    did you have to shorten them or are you using just one, stretched from left to right?

since the trip starts tomorrow and I'd love to fit my bag today on my ktm, your feedback highly appreciated.

kiitos, rave
  11. Tsunnami

Tsunnami Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have one bought in 2012 in Germany.
    I used it on a 1150 GSA long trips, Moldova, Greece, Romania to France, Nordkapp while in Europe.

Unfortunatelly I had to sell the bike since BMW didn't want to help me to bring the bike into US, so I recently have bought an 1200GSA. I didn't attach the harness yet to it, but it is in the plan.

I would renew the map case. It is dirty on the inside and i couldn't clean it, tried sope, detergent, gasoline.
    I guess that is tonner from the laser printer...
    Anyway, does anyone knows where I could order a new one?
    I am planning a trip to Northern Quebec and I would like a clear map case.

Thanks guys