Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    I think it is a wonderful thing you have done. Having a wife who is deaf and blind must be tough. God bless you sir. :lol3

Lucky guy :deal :D
  2. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    nope, she's just out of town for a few days.
  3. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    ANyone need a trailer? I have a 16' tandem axle I want to unload. It was built out of an old 24' camper, the axles both have brakes, it has a 2 5/16" coupler. The axles are 3500#, I have had about 5000 pounds on it with no problem. It's too short for my tractor with the brush cutter and loader and I want to move up to a 12k trailer.

I put it on CL for $750, I'd sell it to an adv'er for $700.

[​IMG]
  4. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    If anyone is interested in an OH ADV cap let me know. I had a friend make about a dozen for me. Logo is embroidered on a top quality made in China low profile adjustable cap in either khaki or black. My cost is $15 each and that's what I'd sell them for if I don't have to ship.

[​IMG]
  5. QUICKDRAW

QUICKDRAW Bug Murderer

Oddometer:
  6. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    The flooring on that looks nicer than the flooring in my kitchen.
  7. mic_detonator

mic_detonator ride

Oddometer:

We can change that, buy the trailer and do a swap! lol
  8. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
  9. invisible monster

invisible monster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Any of you bike pedalers wanna join me at Alum Creek I'll be there Tues. and Thurs. around 1pm for some trail time...and Qdoba afterwards (Chipotle without the obnoxious world music and dicks in North Face garb).

Speaking of trails I spent my weekend in the woods carving out more single track in my woods. Getting close to 3 miles, I'm thinking I can work in another 3 if I plan carefully. Got some skinnies built, have a few huge tree trunks that will serve as technical bridges once I can get them hoisted them into place.

This is in addition to the motorcycle loop that's already there...some of you have ridden that part.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.localnumber69.com/temp/Woods/Single_Track_05
    .jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    those bridges don't look strong enough to support a motorcycle...:D
  12. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    They are strong enough...but not if you miss them.
  13. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    And look, they cut the log out of the way. What a bunch of pussies... :lol
  14. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    I know a couple of new faces from the ADV Ohio thread made it to the OMTA meeting on Sunday. Unfortunately I was unable to go and had to sen in my report on legislative action and called in for questions. I know GailCallsMeCarl was there, and I think Z@ch went also? Maybe I can coerce GCMC into providing a recap for everyone. Might be interesting to hear it from a newcomer to the sport and the organization. Plus I heard that she fell asleep, and woke up to find she had been nominated for a job within OMTA. Hey, it's our way of hazing the newcomer; how do you think I got this job?
  15. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    There's quite a few logovers on the bicycle path, but that one would have fucked up a really fun down/across/up creek crossing.

If you wanna try the motorcycle loop, by all means give it a whirl there's plenty of rocks, logs and steep creek banks left for the heroic. There's lots of multi-flora that hangs out and tears you up, so you really feel manly when you get done.

:lol3
  16. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm back! Did ya miss me??? Probably didn't even know I was gone (again). Went to an expo/convention thing on business this time. First ever business trip, but I got the hang of it real quick; look respectable, appear awake, alert, and intelligent, network, eat too much daily, and party with the fucking best of them every night. We were out past 3am 5 nights in a row drinking, rocking out, and we even went clubbing. I've got to get me one of these "expense accounts".
  17. buildit

Oddometer:
    IDK, 3 nights of parties for six months of, "Why are the numbers so low? didn't you drum up more new business? Accounting is back charging these items as non-business related. Why are there pictures of you with your head in a toilet on Face book?" :lol3
  18. MrFurious

MrFurious Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I didn't know you worked for the GSA. :lol3
  19. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Since I'm selling stuff, I'll throw this out here before I flea market it.

Selling my KLR 250, 1998, 8k miles, OD green paint, beat up tank, slight tweak in the bars, left mirror not attached at the moment. Runs just dandy, only driven to church on sunday.

I'll start at $1650 and entertain reasonable offers. I have my eye on a honey of a KLX 300 I think I'm picking up tomorrow.
  20. buildit

Oddometer:
    No he's with the Secret Service! :rofl