Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. kiwicaveman

kiwicaveman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just cut the alloy one back by 2 inches bought a folding steel gear lever cut the splined end off drilled two holes in both and it works great, the tip folds back when ya drop the bike its ajustable for hight and only bends so you can straighten it out on the trail
  2. kiwicaveman

kiwicaveman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi there felllow scramblers, i've got a 07 green and silver bought new in 09 cause it's got carbies been reading this thread for the last month and lovin it found some good tips :clap
  3. kiwicaveman

kiwicaveman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got Gazi 380s piggy backs, gold valve emulators,with 15 wieght fork oil at 140mm,21" front sm pro platinum rim, Arrow head pipes with the pipe running inside the frame,alloy airbox opening under the seat, 17" sm pro platinumrear rim running dunlop 606s. Gunna post photos when I can work it out computer noob
  4. gseur

gseur Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hâve you bot pics from that?
  5. gseur

gseur Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can't find the original post from that.
    Who sells those exhausts? What's the price? How did they sound? I wanna now all about. Thanks:wink:
  6. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You get them at http://www.massmoto.com the weight is about 2.9 kg
    and the sound is twin all the way. I have a sound clip with them here with the baffles inside.
    [​IMG]
  7. TT RDHS

TT RDHS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Howdy Henry,
    Your bike looks GREAT.:clap
    Could you also please tell me what seat that is on your scrambler?
    Thanks!
    Brad (TT RDHS)
  8. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. TT RDHS

TT RDHS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that info!
    I'll be checking them out.
    :beer
  10. ajsimmo

ajsimmo Crinkley Codger

Oddometer:
    Wife and I took a little trip round Normandy and the famous beaches.

Great weather, great roads, hardly any cars and great bikes!

Ready for the off.
    [​IMG]
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> A foreign field.
    [​IMG]
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Great moments of history.
    [​IMG]
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Pegasus Bridge
    [​IMG]
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Ready to go home.
    [​IMG]
  11. kiwicaveman

kiwicaveman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When I figure out how to post on here, will do as soon as i can
  12. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    very nice :tb
  13. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
    How did your ventura rack hold up with all that gear aj?
  14. kiwicaveman

kiwicaveman Adventurer

Oddometer:
  15. gseur

gseur Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somebody gave me an answer. I've seen it. And now it isn't there. I think some post are disappearing. What do you think of that?
  16. ajsimmo

ajsimmo Crinkley Codger

Oddometer:
    Hey Max,

The Ventura is a revelation.

So easy and simple and with the bag on the seat there is plenty of room for a roll bag on the rack facing backwards.

No adverse effects with the load, however the roads were smooth french tarmac nearly all the way 800 miles.
  17. ajsimmo

ajsimmo Crinkley Codger

Oddometer:
    Cheers Feral
  18. joemoak

joemoak n00b

Oddometer:
    hey Maxacceleration, where did you get the bracket for the rear brake caliper?

[​IMG]
  19. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
  20. joemoak

joemoak n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the link, Max. I dig the UpNOver design. Looks a bit lighter than Rhodie's.