North American Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Blinkerfluid, Feb 1, 2009.

1. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    AHHHH HAHA!! Good one.
  2. RC Pilot

RC Pilot I am not anti social. I am selectively social! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got to page one and read the rules. I have posted #4 and the first part of #5 below to make it easier.

Your sited example is a bit far fetched because;. if someone that wanted to play the game actually read the rules he/she would know going into it that a posting must be made with in 12 hours of the first "bruced" photo. They could actually have the mascot for weeks until such time as a "bruced" shot was posted. The problem right now is that we are in limbo as the current mascot holder has not placed a grab shot AND Silver has not placed a drop shot. If someone were to post a "bruced" shot of the softball field the 12 hour countdown clock begins.

Is it a technicality, maybe, but then again the rules of the game were established for a reason.

BLINKERFLUID, paging BLINKERFLUID - How about an addition to the rules stating handoffs MUST include a photo of the exchange.

#4 Tag mascot (i.e. blockhead, chicken, etc.) is required to clame the tag. Please post your "bruced" pictures even if the tag mascot has already been taken. Tag claims must be posted within 12 hours of the 1st "bruced" photo. In the even no official tag claim is made within 12 hours, the person with the 1st "bruced" photo gets the tag and the honor of choosing the next Tag mascot. (does that make any sense??)

#5 Read the Rules, understand the intent of the game.
  3. Yankee Dog

Yankee Dog Long timer

Oddometer:
    yes he did. The current tag is the Stagecoach Cafe in Stockton, Alabama. A pic was posted with Silver's bike in front of the Cafe. That is the TAG shot. The egg is also in the pic. Take a closer look at Silver's handlebars. You will see the egg sitting there.

So far no rules have been broken or even bent. There is just some frustration over a pic of the grab not being posted. So as I read the rules if someone wants to post a pic of their bike in front of the Stagecoach Cafe then the holder of Mr. Egg has 12 hours to post up or lose the grab. Any IBer should know if you dont have a pic of the target with your towel you dont get the points. No whining, that's just the way it is. :deal

Yankee Dog

Yankee Dog
  4. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Motomac deserves none of this ...
    He was asked at Stagecoach to run the egg out to So CA.
    He didn't even know what the game is.
    I'll be the FF to take full responsibility for the snafu .
    Motomac just said OK to a favor asked of him.
    I understand rules but who among us hasn't bent a rule her and there?

Go Motomac.....and arrive safe.
  5. Wreckchecker

Wreckchecker Ungeneer to broked stuff. Supporter

Oddometer:
    What a bunch of whining. I can't believe this bullcrap about wanting to call it a bruce on a technicality.

It's a community effort to move the tag and the guy is out riding. Give him a break and stop making it a legal issue.
  6. RC Pilot

RC Pilot I am not anti social. I am selectively social! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Technically, if you consider Silvers post a drop tag, there is currently no fowl. Now, if someone take a photo at stagecoach and posts it the 12 hour clock starts and then.............
  7. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    foul
  8. drgnslayr72

drgnslayr72 smokeater

Oddometer:
    :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

9. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    Geeze-la-weeze people!!! This is just a game!! You know, to simply have fun??? (I guess some folks seem to about forget that part in life)

I look at it this way...
    maybe a technical mistake may have taken place here, but we all know that the egg is DEFINATELY on the move, by an extremely worthy rider. Let's let this guy make his post and stake his claim.
    Once that is done, the 'game' can commence just as before.

and 90,000 miles a year??? DAAM!!!!! :eek1 :eek1 :clap
  10. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    OK, I finally have been able to log back on. I had WIFI troubles at my motels, and when I got home, I couldn't come up with my password. Been a long time since I logged on to the site. Since I can only load one pic at at time, here's my bike at Stagecoach. The egg is in the black bag on the back seat. I will post a new tag within the hour. Sorry to get some of you all upset, and if anyone wants to retag the Stagecoach, without the egg, so be it.

Attached Files:

11. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Great shot, Mac. You did it man.
    You even got me in the pic on the right behind your bike.
    Did you make it all the way to San Diego?
    Rest up buddy, and of you get a chance give us the story of your trip.
    What was the weather like?

I know you hit ran the day you headed back west.

Thanks a bunch for taking the tag to the other side of the continent for the first time.

Glad you made it safe and sound.
  12. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    Here's the new tag, though it is hard to see, the egg is on the front seat. Whoever is going to try for this tag, PM me when you think you'll be there and I'll meet you with the bag. Good Luck. And of course I'll offer hints if needed. SoCal folks know this place pretty well.

Attached Files:

13. intothenew

intothenew Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer:
    This will end well, eventually.

:poser
  14. UpST8

UpST8 turnin gas to noise

Oddometer:
    :thumb I am on my way!! :lol3
  15. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Looks like it ended well already.

On to the next chapter.

Thanks Mac.
  16. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    I googled Hodad's and it came up with address and all, so any of you SoCal folks want to meet me there, PM me. I can walk there in 5 minutes!!!
  17. Hack

Hack .......

Oddometer:
    Ok time for my 2cents. First i could give a crap if someone rides a million miles a year ,wow remind me to give ya a cookie. Second there are only five simple rules FIVE. Three If thats how some guys want to play the game then maybe consider starting your own game and play with yourselves. Four well damn i should have just kept the egg i mean hell there is no rule against it so why not. Five for guys who say they wanna keep it moving ,then where the hell is the egg. Most people myself included have made this tag very easy to find as to keep it moving. And again its one of the five simple rules FIVE! I guess whoever wants it now is gonna have to make an appointment.
  18. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    I could leave the egg at Hodad's and have a homeless person find it and trade it for a doobie if that would make ya feel better about the rules.
  19. Hack

Hack .......

Oddometer:
    Not one other person has had an issue being able to find a hiding spot or taking pic or etc etc except you. Maybe just find a better spot all together if we have to worry about drug addicts to pick up a tag. Tags have been left in times sqaure without issue.
  20. HeyDoc

HeyDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Way to go, motomac! Hell of a ride, Alabama to SoCal, and a good tag. Hope the egg and game, winter well out there on the left coast!