Interesting new tire tool.

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Stumpalump, Sep 2, 2012.

1. URAL CT

URAL CT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool...are you gonna go ahead & order the 40 tools???? I'm #34 :D:wink:
    Did you get a price plus shipping yet??? Let me know how much to send ya via PP. THANKS!!!:clap
    CT
  2. foxtrapper

foxtrapper Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mea, I've got one 23" tire, and many more 16-19 tires. If he'd be game for a slightly longer rack, that would be great. But if they're precut and he'd be only making a longer rod, that wouldn't be so neat.

I'm in no rush, either way. If you don't want to bother asking him, I'd understand and would be content with a stock unit.

And just to make sure, I haven't missed you setting final price and such, have I?
  3. mikesova

mikesova Michigander

Oddometer:
    Will this tool do a 14" TW200 rear tire?:ear
  4. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    From the website:
    Universal, hub bearings size 20mm-28mm, rim size 16"-21"
  5. imin2mx

imin2mx n00b

Oddometer:
    I am in ... slowly, but in. #41

email sent
  6. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    yep, he wants to do this in 2 shipments, the first shipment will probably be 40+ tools, and however many adapters we can throw in the boxes. The boxes are limited to a certain weight, so the "trick" is cramming that last box with as much as possible to keep the per item shipping charge the lowest. Last time I added a couple extra tools to fill up the last box, and they were sold before the tools arrived in Florida. I'll know the cost when I place the order, it will be pretty close to what we've been discussing.

I will def ask him about a little longer arm. And I'll send you an email with your "invoice" after I order.
  7. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    He makes a shorter pushrod for rims smaller than 16", I don't remember the actual price, but it wasn't crazy. I've got one other inmate that wants one ordered this time around.

and the optional adapters will let you do as small as a 15 mm hub.

I've got you covered!
  8. MtnRider

MtnRider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm back and thank you for the verification!!! I am looking forward to this tool! :clap
  9. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    list updated, I was covered yesterday so will have to get the order placed this weekend. I added up everything twice and got 2 different numbers (tools, adapters, etc) so I need to de-do it when I'm not tired and rushed. Updates at 11

If I've taken your name off the list, it's because I haven't heard back from you - I sent a PM to everybody that I was missing info on MAR 3rd - if you did email me and I missed it, or you still want in, send me the email and I'll put you back on the list, easy peesy

PMR
  10. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bump for the list
  11. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    I am listed as being down for TWO 17mm adapters - I actually want a 15 and a 17 please. I'm sure it's a typo but just wanted to point it out.

Thanks.
  12. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    fixt!
  13. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    I just found some inmate emails in my Spam folder, so if I dissed you and took you off the list, I'll straighten it out this weekend and get you back on the list.
  14. kentnothstine

kentnothstine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, I made the video of me doing my first tire change with this tool. It was a 21" DRZ 400s front tire. So I know it will work on a 21" with out much trouble.:deal
  15. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    Thanks Kent, I knew someone had done a front but couldn't find the post. And Are said the tool is made for doing a 21 easy. I'm wondering if KJ just didn't have the tool all the way into the hub, like maybe the rod was hitting the work bench and was sitting up too high. To do the 21, the arm has to be almost parallel to the rim.
  16. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    I have 5 guys that said they wanted a "longer" pushrod, I guess for doing the 21" tires. Some of you have posted or emailed me that you don't need them now. I'm pretty comfortable that the standard tool will work on a 21. I think the only guy who really could use one is foxtrapper for his 23" Honda. I'll send emails to you 6 and ask you to verify. I've placed the order but haven't been invoiced yet, so I can make minor changes.
  17. mototwin

mototwin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PMR,

Sorry, didn't get your pm until today. I'm 12 on the list "Mototwin" and emailed you my info today.
    Thanks for all your effort putting this together.
  18. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    Final order placed, still waiting on invoice:

72 tools
    56 15mm adapters
    57 17 mm adapters
    1 short pushrod
    1 longer pushrod

That should get everybody on the list hooked up. After I send him payment, I'll send each of you an email with your order and amount due, then you can PP me or send a check. I understand he has at least half of these tools already made, so the first 40 some guys should have their tools headed across the pond next week.

PMR
  19. vonotto

vonotto See you on the road, Scag!

Oddometer:
    Sweet :clap
  20. Bonerov

Bonerov Damned dirty ape

Oddometer:
    Sweet! Can't wait to give this thing a shot. My wee-strom needs a new rear soon, and I want to see how this thing works on a stiff ST rear tire.