The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Dooga

Dooga Adventure Tourer

Oddometer:
    The CZ75B is NOT DAO -- you can treat the CZ like a SA (rack the slide, set it up SA every time) and also set it up cocked and locked, condition 1, and keep it holstered like that. But, BONUS: if you're not comfortable with condition one, you can also carry it Condition 2, "Condition 2 refers to traditional Double Action / Single Action pistol with a round in the chamber, the hammer down" but not with the safety on because you cannot activate the safety unless the hammer is back. So, it really is the best of both worlds. I have a CZ75B and have never fired it double action, but if my gun fails to fire because of a light strike for whatever reason, I can fire one more time on DA before I eject the round by racking the slide.
  2. sect8dr

sect8dr ride them all

Oddometer:
    Just picked up the Dan wesson yesterday, only picture i took

[​IMG]
  3. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feed back on the CZ. We can't actually carry in Canada. However, if I'm backpacking, I'll very discreetly have a hand cannon handy. Very discreet. If I had to use it on a bear, I would just keep it between myself and the bear. Rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6.......or eaten!
    Lots written about the perfect personal defence gun. Give me a good DA revolver EVERY TIME! A nice easy to manage .357 by Ruger or S&W. 4.2" in Canada, we can't get 4"???? That's my backpacking choice as well.
    The CZ will be simply for the range. Fun Gun.
    Again, thanks for the feed back guys.
    Lyle
  4. RuggedExposure

RuggedExposure Now with more rugged

Oddometer:

If it was a local law enforcement office handling the intake procedure they would merely run a record check on the serial number of the weapon. If it came back with negative results that means it hasn't been reported stolen and is not known to be involved with any lookouts.

The checks more than likely would not be run through an ATF database, and due to the age would most likely be considered a 'curios'.

Firearm curios or relics include firearms which have special value to collectors because they possess some qualities not ordinarily associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:
    1. Have been manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof; or
    2. Be certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; or
    3. Derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or from the fact of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.
  5. xtphreak

xtphreak from B4 "adventure bikes" Supporter

Oddometer:
    :nono
    But what I said was that I don't like DA/SA
    Not DAO
    I don't like having 2 different trigger pulls
    The idea was to make it simple for cops transitioning from a revolver

I like a single action, but on my HiPower with the SFS, you don't do Condition One, you rack the slide to chamber the first round.
    Then you PUSH the hammer forward to the down position with your thumb.
    The safety pops into SAFE position
    The hammer is locked down
    The sear is locked
    The gun is SAFE Hammer down Condition 2
    Pull from holster
    Thumb safety down
    Hammer goes back to full cock
    Pull trigger (single action every shot)

Sent from my dRoiD3 with the help of 44 cyber-enhanced dwarves
  6. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
    If that gun, which I'm not sure, has full auto capability, then I don't believe it's covered under curios and relics.

The time to register old full autos has long expired.
  7. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Wikipedia says 550-600 rounds per minute
  8. BigIron

BigIron Tenured Prof - Leghump U.

Oddometer:
    +1
  9. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    crap crap crap. I had myself talked in to thinning out the guns that are sitting in the safe that rarely see daylight. I took out my STI's and took pictures and wrote an ad for them, but am having a hell of a time convincing myself to push the list this item button. :baldy
    [​IMG]

Why would anyone sell guns you ask? Because I lost an argument with the wife. We were at the store and I was wanting to pick up a mossberg 500 combo shotgun. She said I already had one, I swore I didn't. Guess what was buried in the back of the safe behind all the silly black rifles? :doh None of these have gotten any range time since I bought my first springfield XDM, and of course I had to buy another one of those, so now I have about 8 9mm's in the safe and only those two XDM's have come out this year.
  10. 00SS

00SS Always a vicious cycle

Oddometer:
    How much for the one top/center? I was just about to pick up a new ar for xmas, but if i can't swing it i know someone who is looking. PM if'n you decide to sell.
  11. ImaPoser

Oddometer:
    Wanna know how bad it is? I was looking on gunbroker for pricing info and ended up placing a bid on another one. :baldy
  12. Boondoggle

Boondoggle Nihilism Matters!

Oddometer:

I was thinking you should buy a revolver or two, just to clear your mind...:lol3
  13. ImaPoser

Oddometer:
    To go along with the GP100 I haven't shot in, 15? years, and the .38 that is still new in the box from the 70's? :baldy
    Come to think of it, there's at least five guns in the safe I have never gotten around to shooting, a couple of which are 20+ years old at this point. I have some serious kind of mental problem. :lol3
  14. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    Matt,

Ole buddy, ole pal.

:wave

:D
  15. Signal

Signal it's such a fine line between stupid and clever

Oddometer:
    Some of us have "problems" :lol3

Full size on teh right? :ear
  16. BigIron

BigIron Tenured Prof - Leghump U.

Oddometer:
    I fail to see the problem.
  17. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Well if the weather stays warm I think you should bring them up to my place so we can give them some range time. :D Nothing says' road trip like free time on a private range, right?:D besides weren't you just in Columbus?
  18. GoGo Gadget

GoGo Gadget Long timer

Oddometer:

I feel better about myself now. I have a rifle a buddy keeps trying to buy from me. I keep telling him I can't sell it to him because I have not shot it yet. I have to at least shoot it first.
  19. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Matt, you must have a far bigger safe than I do. :lol3

Also, I agree with you, guns are for buying, not selling.

(Especially here.)
  20. ImaPoser

Oddometer:
    That there is the solution to my problem. I'm just going to add another safe! :poser