Utards whos riding what

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by frog, May 22, 2008.

1. RiverRatRider13

RiverRatRider13 Motorcycle Chum

Oddometer:
  2. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Plate :D
  3. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    Replacing the burden of carrying fuel with the overwhelming burden of carrying water.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the end though, just like riding moto.
    [​IMG]
  4. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice!

So you replaced the kiddo with 5 gal of H2O.

I figure you need about 1 gal / day on a motorbike. How much per day are you using in the pedal bike? 2x?

:D
  6. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    I brought 4 total for 100 miles of riding over two days in 80+ temps. That was enough for me. One rider only brought 9 liters total. I think there's a curve of efficiency. Bring less water, ride easier, consume less. Bring more, ride slow as fuck, suffer, drink more (that was me).
  7. RiverRatRider13

RiverRatRider13 Motorcycle Chum

Oddometer:

What a bummer.. I have been tossing around the idea of getting a plated XR400 for singletrack/desert/lite adv/ around town/slickrock shredder. any of you guys have any thoughts on this? I have never rode one, my cousin used to have one though and it would walk all over my 94 cr125 haha.. Heard they are damn near bullet proof which I do like! more umphh than a DR350, less of a pig compared to the 600. Right now I am riding a 96 WR250 2 smoker. I love it but would really like a plate with a bit more sense of security. All opinions are appreciated.

Oh and here is an unedited Vid of me riding Mueller park trail yesterday, super fun trail, not very technical but very flowy. Get there early to avoid crowds of angry cyclists.

Its kinda a boring vid but it was a fun ride!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kLaBuwYhngU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
  8. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    Me likes... I just sold one because it wasn't getting enough use. I had a high compression piston and a pumper carb, scott's damper, desert tank, light rack for gear. awesome bike. My XR650R is set up the same way, and I just do more big adv rides than super technical single track.

Tomorrow's Slab Twisties are still on...
  9. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    Hey Kev - I didn't get any bites on a trail ride today, so if you guys are still going out ill meet you in the parking lot at the bottom of BCC about 1. I'll PM you my number in case you need it. :evil
  10. dentedvw

dentedvw Where did I put that

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure I almost ran over Harcus today near Aragonite. He just kept motoring, my ADV sticker didn't even earn me a salute.
    But, I was driving my huge whale of a van down a trail. Trying out a few extra inches of lift on the family adventure wagon/tiny camper.
    [​IMG]
  11. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    We hiked the knolls to get away from hunters... not so far from aragonite!

[​IMG]

Yesterday's slab tour w/ KCM1 was a lot of fun. Visibility on Guardsmans/Wolf Creek was about 10 ft through frozen fog! all in all a great time after my fingers thawed out!
  12. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:

Hmmm...Could be. I find you have to be careful with those that try to trick you with Adv stickers...Not that I am paranoid. Or maybe I was in the ozone. Sunny day, good tracks, good bike vibs...gotta love it. :D
  13. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Salt Lake City Utah (formerly Park City/Heber)
    Had a blast riding w Fano yesterday and Steve Kimball... Didn't realize so many folks were out in the west desert yesterday. Makes sense though - it was awesome...

Typical Fano fashion rode very fast and pretty hard, so hard there there was no time to take pics, particularly of all of the really really good stuff. Cherry creek is aaawesome... Particularly the rippin, tight single track. I felt like I was tree skiing! 140 miles total...

Here are a couple pics...

it was greasy and slick as snot in parts, Steve took possible the most dramatic, flailing, arms out/land on your back wipeout I've ever, seen luckily just into some greasy mud pit... Here's the aftermath:

[​IMG]

towards the end of the night with the sun getting low. awesome, so cool to know that some of this awesome riding is so close...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    ^^^ Ryman: I'll take that as a compliment.

DCH: nice pics.

When i was headed home from the Knolls in the truck there was some dude on a Yamaha on the dirt road in Delle riding a wheelie and keeping up with freeway traffic, like 75 mph!:eek1
  15. VitSports6

VitSports6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Saw a couple good sized groups of duals heading up Big Cottonwood yesterday (sunday) around 11am, I took my wife up to Silver Fork Lodge for some breakie on our motorcycle for our anniversary, it was a bit chilly at 9am but beautiful none the less.
    Still need to get in on a group ride :norton
  16. fano

fano here and there

Oddometer:
    I am glad you had fun on our Tour de Cherry Creek dieselcruserhead. We hit a little bit of everything what cc has to offer. Fast double track, tight single track, some sand, few hill climbs and couple of whoops. :freaky
  17. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Perfect CC season. Get it while it lasts. Soon all the north side stuff will be too wet and we will be stuck pounding through whoops.:puke1
  18. dozer

dozer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fano, Frog

Where is the best place to park at Cherry Creek?
  19. Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Salt Lake City, St George, UT & Seattle -
    Been a lurker of this site for awhile, first post ! lol

Anyways moved to SLC three years ago from Seattle with my Drz and just very surprised in regards to the lack of dual-sports in the area. Guess everyone has an atv, cooler, camo and shotguns instead...

Hoping to get a few more rides in before it starts snowing :)

S-
  20. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    This time of year park on cherry creek Rd. There is a lot of stuff in the low grass lands but also fun stuff in the mountains.