Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like the one in downtown Mt Airy.
  2. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Google maps has the address listed in the wrong section of road. Follow it NE a bit and you'll see it under construction in street view.
  3. MotoMujer

MotoMujer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll happily leave the bike at home if evening eats of this sort pop into the rotation. :dg
  4. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Blasphemy! :evil:rofl
  5. MGB

MGB ex. BmwDuc

Oddometer:
    Old building, but they updated it quite a bit. Right on the road, so you can't miss it. It's within 1/4 mile of the elementary school (to the south of the school). News owners, redone, etc....

6. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I'll have to check it out today. I was going to ride 56 so this will work on my RTE loop today. :ricky :dg:ricky
  7. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    :thumb good eats map corrected
  8. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    ToddZ and I are meeting to find/ride some dirt roads south of the James. We'll be at the BP on the south side of the Ben Harrison bridge at 1300 if anyone wishes to join us. It's just going to be an easy backroads search for dirt, working our way south and east. We may take the ferry back acorss when done.

jeff
  9. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Guy....We're waiting....?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  10. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was really looking forward to the RTE today. BUT our nationwide network provider decided to crash their core routers that serve both our data centers. Looks like today won't be counted as a vacation day. Not a good start to 11 days off.

Did any plans for tomorrow ever crystallize?
  11. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tasty lunch today...Me, ddlewis, brendap, freaking RT, higworld & skychs in attendence....

Chicken baguette special
    [​IMG]

The place
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  12. MotoMujer

Oddometer:
    Hi Jeremy, Saturday is up in the air. However, at the RTE there was some discussion of folks meeting at 295/33 and riding wiggles to Orange where Chuck, myself, and ??? may jump.... got a call into Skydive Orange about their tandem schedule for Sunday... meet time TBD til I hear back from them.
  13. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    Brenda- Nicole's hand is feeling better and she is up for some riding tomorrow if you and anyone else wants to do some of the 13 Skills from the Rawhyde stuff. Text or PM me and I will get back with you.

We were thinking after lunch or so. We are wore out from this week and need our beauty sleep. Well I need mine...
  14. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Apologies for the "wait." Had some business I needed to take care of. Also planned on going to the range, but missed out on that too.

Oh well............

15. MotoMujer

Oddometer:
    Todd, Jeremy, check your PMs. :ricky
  16. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Okay, it is official. I've spoken with my brother-in-law and it has now moved from "a nice idea" to "Thunderbirds are GO!"

The deal? If my 18 y.o nephew graduates on time next June, his graduation present is a 6 week cross country MC trip from Corolla in the OBX (wheels in the ocean) to Oregon along the Trans-America Trail. Just he and I on the road together. He's been riding at our Farm since he was about 12 and is a great, and fearless dirt rider, but now needs to get his learner's permit and start travelling with me. I don't know about him, but I am really pumped about this. I haven't taken a serious road trip since 2007.

So the planning begins. Think I'm going to go with XR650L's since I've had a lot of Hondas. Any help in obtaining them, farkle advice, etc would be appreciated. Am looking at a 2006 XR650L on Cl right now up in Hanover. As soon as I obtain a pair (I don't want to hear any snickers from the peanut gallery) we'll start his train-up with local, then weekend rides. Man it is going to be a huge change to downsize my load capacity from the GS to an XR650. Still, I am really excited.

There, I've gone on record. It will happen, provided Joe holds up his end of the bargain and graduates. I'm pretty sure this might be the incentive he needs to buckle down on the academics. I know it would have worked for me.

So I'm putting off my plans for a return to the Trans-Labrador Highway for another year. Sorry Eddy.

jeff

This is Joe and I on Thansgiving Day 2010, after playing in the mud and roostering cow patties at each other. He is now taller and bigger than I am.

[​IMG]
  17. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    Well if he doesn't I will hold up my end...So I will take his place:D...Just plan on going and remember i probably have a smaller appitite then he does so I would be cheaper.:clap

I say all this cause I'm jealous...you have inspired me to lay out a trip for my son and I this summer. I will also think of a shorter trip for my daughter when she graduates.

Eddy- Trans-Labrador Highway Trip!!! You holding out on me!!! I thought we were friends:cry
  18. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Brenda wants to go skydiving on Sunday in Orange VA. Is anyone interested in going to see her jump? If I can find a parachute to jump I may even join her.

A plan is to meet somewhere near 295 and 33 Sunday morning then ride the twisties around Lake Anna up to Orange VA. The event may include a couple hours of waiting to get her trained and on the manifest but the ride up and down, under a parachute is less than 30 minutes.

If anyone else had the gonads to join her just let us know. Its going to be a little chilly so dress warm.
  19. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
    I rode out Rte 56 to check out the new "Mountain View Market & Country Kitchen" yesturday. It's located about 2 miles south west of Lowesville. It's just past the elementary school. It will make a nice RTE destination. The same people also own the newly renovated River View General Store in downtown Lowesville. The restaurant is only open Friday, Saturday & Sunday. There's a pretty good selection on the menu. Everything on the menu is also available for "take out" which would be really convienent for anybody camping up on th piney river :evil. See photos of the menu below.

Address: 1900 Lowesville Road ( Rte 778 runs from Rte 151 to Rte 60. )
    Amherst, Va 24521

Phone: 434-277-5256

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inside View:
    [​IMG]
    '
    Food Shot: 8 oz. handmadw hamburger patty on a Kaiser bun and home made french fires not "fast food" fries.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Menu Shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd love to join you and do another AFF, but I have fooked my budget on gun stuff over the last several weeks. Suffice to say, I'll be eating Ramen noodle soup for a bit AND like it. :cry